Masks

Elizabeth33

Chicken
Woman
Aside from feeling dehumanized and constrained, I’m also worried about the side effects from wearing a mask and having to speak and breath in to it for long periods of time since it’s now mandatory to wear them at work and I completely avoided wearing one up until this point. I purchased 14 organic cotton/hemp masks, and I change them throughout the day. I don’t want to end up with acne, dry skin or dental issues due to wearing a soggy, bacteria ridden diaper on my face for 8 hours.

I also bring with me a small jar of coconut oil to remoisturize when I change my face diaper in the middle of the day. Coconut oil is great for skin health and it’s also anti bacterial.

I keep my mask under my nose and breath through my nose when my manager isn’t around, and take it off when I use the washroom. I sit outside for lunch or in my car with the windows open to get as much fresh air as I can.

This might be a bit neurotic, but I’m not going to sacrifice my well being or my appearance. I’m sure it’s only temporary anyway, as I predict face shields will be next. Sometimes I sit back at laugh at the whole situation, because the pandemic is just too bizarre to be taken seriously.

How is everyone else handling it?

Elizabeth33

Chicken
Woman
Aside from feeling dehumanized and constrained, I’m also worried about the side effects from wearing a mask and having to speak and breath in to it for long periods of time since it’s now mandatory to wear them at work and I completely avoided wearing one up until this point. I purchased 14 organic cotton/hemp masks, and I change them throughout the day. I don’t want to end up with acne, dry skin or dental issues due to wearing a soggy, bacteria ridden diaper on my face for 8 hours.

I also bring with me a small jar of coconut oil to remoisturize when I change my face diaper in the middle of the day. Coconut oil is great for skin health and it’s also anti bacterial.

I keep my mask under my nose and breath through my nose when my manager isn’t around, and take it off when I use the washroom. I sit outside for lunch or in my car with the windows open to get as much fresh air as I can.

This might be a bit neurotic, but I’m not going to sacrifice my well being or my appearance. I’m sure it’s only temporary anyway, as I predict face shields will be next. Sometimes I sit back at laugh at the whole situation, because the pandemic is just too bizarre to be taken seriously.

I agree, it feels wrong wearing it. I refuse to wear one at church other than that I’m a SAHM so I just have to wear it to the grocery store. I honestly would go without, but I’m afraid of how aggressive I’ve seen people get. I have a baby with my most times and it’s just too much to deal with confrontation and putting her at risk. I’m always glad to see people not wearing them and try to make a point to encourage them.

EntWife

Robin
Woman
I agree, it feels wrong wearing it. I refuse to wear one at church other than that I’m a SAHM so I just have to wear it to the grocery store. I honestly would go without, but I’m afraid of how aggressive I’ve seen people get. I have a baby with my most times and it’s just too much to deal with confrontation and putting her at risk. I’m always glad to see people not wearing them and try to make a point to encourage them.
You could go shopping with your husband. That way, if anyone gets nasty about it, he can tell them where to get off. People are a lot less likely to bother you anyway when your husband is with you.

esli

Chicken
Woman
in my country masks are now mandatory in all public spaces which means I can't enter my gym, supermarket, theatre, wherever I would want to go without one. I refuse to wear one. For me it's like forcing people to wear obvious nonsense, it's like a form of control and excercising power over you. You know it's nonsense, you don't want to wear it but you still have to. So I don't wear one, I threw all of them away. I adapted my life, I shop at local farmers, I run outside instead of going to the gym. I fear it will get worse with the arrival of the vaccine, I fear people will be genuinely excluded from various parts of life, but I refuse to take it come what may. So in a way, not wearing the mask is like training my spirit a bit for what is to come next.

Don Quixote

Woodpecker

Wearing a mask is degrading, it's a symbol that you are a coward and submit to oppression. And worse than that, it is basically telling yourself that you are filthy and disgusting, just walking disease. It's like this symbol of self-hatred, oppression, and fear of death and of other people. Everything about it is dehumanizing and terrible lol.

As far as health effects are concerned idk about skin, but I am most worried about breathing in whatever toxic stuff is in the mask itself. A friend of mine just took Amtrak for over 30 hours wearing that mask constantly. He couldn't take it off or they would kick him off LOL. Insanity.

I'd say to use businesses that don't care and support those businesses more. Like my gym is fighting to stay open during all this and doesn't require masks so I think it's best to try to go out of the way to find these types of places.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
The lack of normal, human compassion is astounding. Someone who already has trouble breathing should wear a mask anyway or never be allowed to go anywhere ever again. And these people think that they're the compassionate ones!
Sometimes one has to wonder if that is one of the many purposes for masks: not only to dehumanize, but to turn individuals onto each other. There are many nasty individuals emerging since masks became a narrative.

dragonfire00

Sparrow
Woman
A great topic. I am fortunate to be a stay at home mom so the only times I use it is to go grocery shopping and the two times I used it for longer than 30 minutes was flying to move across the country and getting my hair done which is only once a year. I found it very uncomfortable and I have asthma so if I had to work I would probably have went to my family practice doctor to get an exception and deal with the dirty looks from people. I don't know how those of you that work do it but if you're able to get a medical exemption I would. I understand not wanting to comply because it does deserve civil disobedience in my opinion but when in a situation where you're choosing that over feeding your family I would go with just wearing it. Ugh.

Technically the law where I am states you have to wear one outside lol, but my family refuses. It's pretty funny because there isn't even any science backing up wearing a mask outside when you're far away from people so getting dirty looks from 100 feet away at our local park is always amusing. Another perk is that neighbors who are likeminded naturally gravitate towards us so all the non mask wearers find each other.

Now my question for all of you is what to do with kids. We aren't flying to my family for Christmas partially because I have two young children and one is two and is required to wear a mask. So far I refuse to teach her how to wear one and I have heard stories where pathetic flight attendants have kicked families off because of a TODDLER refusing to wear a mask...I also won't send her to school in the future if that is still required. I think there is a high probability of issues that children will have from wearing masks, social distancing etc that we will find out in the future and my kids won't be guinea pigs.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I tried to get a mediical exemption based on anxiety and got a condescending lecture from the young PA about the importance of masks. I have houseplants older than her. I was too furious to come up with a response. What I wanted to do was tear her mask off and cough in her face and laugh as she cried. They offered me drugs, which is amusing. Which is more dangerous? Exemption or highly addictive substances? It infuriates me talking about it!

My dad rightly pointed out that I probably didn’t want to be that one person un-muzzled in a plane 40,000 feet in the air.

dragonfire00

Sparrow
Woman
I tried to get a mediical exemption based on anxiety and got a condescending lecture from the young PA about the importance of masks. I have houseplants older than her. I was too furious to come up with a response. What I wanted to do was tear her mask off and cough in her face and laugh as she cried. They offered me drugs, which is amusing. Which is more dangerous? Exemption or highly addictive substances? It infuriates me talking about it!

My dad rightly pointed out that I probably didn’t want to be that one person un-muzzled in a plane 40,000 feet in the air.
Honestly I think one of the goals is to have as many people as possible medicated- they've already been moving in that direction and now with more legalization and decriminalization of drugs the goal is to have people reliant on government for their happy pills and prior to that to increase destabilization and crime. Sorry I digress! That's maddening to me too. Suddenly all ADA (im making an assumption that youre located in the US) requirements and medical issues take a backseat to the 99% survival rate viral infection. I'm sorry : (

muhtea

Robin
Woman
I didn't feel like wearing a mask grocery shopping today and nothing much happened as usual. I saw one middle aged man with no sign of a mask. When I was loading my groceries into the car an old guy was going back to his car saying "forgot my maaaask" kind of sarcastic like. I told him no one says anything if you don't wear it, he says "don't they?!" and called it a bacteria rag after saying they don't do anything anyway. I think he wore it anyway but now he knows lol I do like to think at least some people are encouraged to ditch the silliness if they see other people doing it. Worst I've had is some slightly prolonged eye contact from the odd old lady. I kind of think many more people than it appears think this is stupid.

My prepared response if anyone decides to call me selfish is simply well, if you knew my multitude of reasons for not wearing a mask you wouldn't say that. I don't think most people want a confrontation, at least not where I live.

MajorStyles

Pelican
Kind of interesting how breath seems to be a major theme this year. Covid19 affects your respiratory system, masks make it more difficult to breath and get fresh air, staying at home and breathing in recycled air, and George Floyd‘s famous words “I can’t breathe”.

That's called subliminal advertisement (or predictive programming). The normie walks through target with a tight face diaper, struggling for air. He blurts out "I can't breath" and then wonders where he heard that phrase before.

The biggest dummies are people like Lebron James that actually wore the "I Can't Breathe" T-shirt at the pre-game shoot around. And now, a few months later, the same people that cheered him on are ordering him to wear a muzzle.

muhtea

Robin
Woman
That's called subliminal advertisement (or predictive programming). The normie walks through target with a tight face diaper, struggling for air. He blurts out "I can't breath" and then wonders where he heard that phrase before.

The biggest dummies are people like Lebron James that actually wore the "I Can't Breathe" T-shirt at the pre-game shoot around. And now, a few months later, the same people that cheered him on are ordering him to wear a muzzle.
The best one is the "I can't breathe" masks! Also the original "I can't breathe" was Eric Garner in 2014 so make of that what you will. Seems like things get forgotten quickly these days somehow, like that whole two weeks to "flatten the curve" thing.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
hey've already been moving in that direction and now with more legalization and decriminalization of drugs the goal is to have people reliant on government for their happy pills and prior to that to increase destabilization and crime.

This statement is a reminder of two things:

(1) Soma - Brave New World - Aldous Huxley; and
(2) LSD - 1950 Tavistock Project - spearheaded by the same Aldous Huxley

The attached image is from Jim Keith's Mind Control, World Control, The Encyclopedia of Mind Control.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 3.04.34 PM.png

The Conspiracy Theory goes something like this the Grateful Dead Band was part of the movement to pacify and to make peace loving hippies; to avoid individuals from gathering as war protestors. The drug was introduced during concerts.
History Channel's Mk-Ultra Link

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
If you are pregnant you're exempt from wearing a mask (permission granted by me, RN BSN lol). I'm studying for the NCLEX and my book literally says during pregnancy maternal oxygen needs increase (to provide for baby) and due to uterine enlargement, maternal lung capacity decreases. So please DO NOT wear a mask if you are pregnant. And if a doctor tells you to, you should tell them what I just said and see if that's true and if so, why do they want you to wear a mask? In other news, masks don't work for viruses, so that's reason enough for everyone to refuse to wear one.