Masks

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
Wearing a mask is degrading, it's a symbol that you are a coward and submit to oppression. And worse than that, it is basically telling yourself that you are filthy and disgusting, just walking disease. It's like this symbol of self-hatred, oppression, and fear of death and of other people. Everything about it is dehumanizing and terrible lol.

Bacteria, viruses and fungi, can cause pneumonia.

There are several videos/experiments attempting to justify how masks work to keep others safe. The assertion is just as ridiculous as manadating citizens to wear masks outside (or at all).

These generalized experiments (using bacteria as the concept, and not a virus) show what is trapped in the inner mask lining when the user coughs, talks, or just wears the mask. The inner lining of the mask is scraped and the contents are placed on a petri dish for bacteria growth. The justification on how masks work? By "proving" how masks stop bacteria from leaving your mouth/nose area; and coming in contact with others.

Brilliant, these experiments just presented the argument that when individuals wear masks they are breathing in exhaled bacteria.

Children and masks

In schools how well does a preschooler, first grader, or even an older child practice good hygiene while using the washroom/loo?
How often will a child touch his or her mask? Does winter not encourage chapped lips? Pray for the children who wear masks so that they do not develop impetigo.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
A virus is significantly smaller than a sperm cell. Is anyone using a pretty piece of cotton to prevent pregnancy? I didn’t think so.
<—wondering how far I can push the I’m pregnant excuse at my advanced age......if anyone questions it I’ll say I used a mask, hehe.

Gracie

Sparrow
Woman
I actually have way less trouble because of this though I did have to tell a pharmacy check out girl who was super aggressive that I was medically exempt and it was illegal for her to force me to get out of the store because she wanted me to wear one. She backed down but man-oh-man. Most people see me wobbling around at 9 months preggo and give space.
Be right back... gonna get pregnant real quick lol

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
I actually have way less trouble because of this though I did have to tell a pharmacy check out girl who was super aggressive that I was medically exempt and it was illegal for her to force me to get out of the store because she wanted me to wear one. She backed down but man-oh-man. Most people see me wobbling around at 9 months preggo and give space.

Legit question—Is it illegal for them to force an exempt person out of the store? This would be good to know. My aunt who is exempt was snottily told to leave recently if she wasn’t going to wear a mask. When she said she was exempt she was told “Well you don’t have to be in here shopping.”

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
People are really using this time to be nasty to each other. I overheard two fat hens on my walk yesterday talking about how people who don’t wear masks in the stores should be hunted down and fined $1000...

muhtea

Robin
Woman
People are really using this time to be nasty to each other. I overheard two fat hens on my walk yesterday talking about how people who don’t wear masks in the stores should be hunted down and fined $1000...
That's more or less what they're doing in some places. I have a friend who lives in a small (30-40k) town in Ontario where they apparently have Stasi - I mean by-law officers - patrolling during holidays like Thanksgiving (and they'll be out over Christmas) looking for "too many" cars in driveways and fining people $880/head if there's more than 5 people there. It's bananas. Snitching neighbors are all too willing to rat people out for spending holidays with family.

Remember how people would say things like "well IIIII would have hidden Jews in WW2 Germany"? LMAO Sure you would have. I won't be telling a soul what my plans are re the vaccine or anything else. Not worth the risk of being ratted out at some point. Too many gutless people these days. Women and poofters are the worst.

But they can't take everything.

Gracie

Sparrow
Woman
Legit question—Is it illegal for them to force an exempt person out of the store? This would be good to know. My aunt who is exempt was snottily told to leave recently if she wasn’t going to wear a mask. When she said she was exempt she was told “Well you don’t have to be in here shopping.”
Where I am, it is considered discrimination and against our Human Rights Code (It is illegal here to discriminate on the basis of mental or physical disability.). The police aren't enforcing masking as per the province's mandate. I think it depends on where you are. Worth reading your local governments policy word for word. :) Hormonal me is a bit more aggressive. I know that she'll have to call the police to haul me out if she doesn't want me there and the police won't do it, especially if I've only been curt but otherwise agreeable. If her only reason for attempting to boot me is discriminatory under our law, she's putting the business in a bad situation and I can do something. I was able to shop after our interaction without incident. ;)

Last edited:

barrythecyborg

Kingfisher
in my country masks are now mandatory in all public spaces which means I can't enter my gym, supermarket, theatre, wherever I would want to go without one. I refuse to wear one. For me it's like forcing people to wear obvious nonsense, it's like a form of control and excercising power over you. You know it's nonsense, you don't want to wear it but you still have to. So I don't wear one, I threw all of them away. I adapted my life, I shop at local farmers, I run outside instead of going to the gym. I fear it will get worse with the arrival of the vaccine, I fear people will be genuinely excluded from various parts of life, but I refuse to take it come what may. So in a way, not wearing the mask is like training my spirit a bit for what is to come next.

Right on... and they're training everyone else to accept it.

Masks are 'mandatory' where I am too... and I never wear one.

If someone really insists (like some bish at the library yesterday) then I take a mask out of my pocket that I wrote 'Go F... Yourself" on with a sharpie.

I make sure they get a good few seconds to read it and make knowing eye contact.

Nothing they can say.

The woman yesterday was speechless for a minute whilst that sunk in.

I also like stopping people NOT wearing a mask (whilst I'm maskless), and doing a reverse Karen loudly with masked morons around.

So I'll pretend to be pissed and say things like "Err... you know there's a virus around that's SO DEADLY you have to be tested to see if you have it?? And you're walking around in THE FRESH AIR with NO MASK even though you're healthy??? I don't think you're taking this seriously!..."

Really though, if you know what's up, it's actually something of a responsibility to push back and hopefully wake up some morons.

People know this must be BS, but 80% of people just go along with it to make life easier.

Covid passports right around the corner if nothing changes.

Last edited:

Aboulia

Woodpecker

I'm unfamiliar with American law, but I believe that a mask exemption would fall into the same class as a medical condition and I doubt you can refuse people service based on their medical condition, so denying service based on a mask exemption falls under the same category as denying service for being in a wheelchair. I would look into what constitutional/human rights laws apply in your state/country, I assume they're somewhat similar, otherwise what grounds could there have been for that media contrived outrage over the Christian baker not baking homosexuals a wedding cake a few years ago, even in that case, the man won because he offered his other products for sale, just not his custom cakes.

I would also look into what constitutes trespassing. In Ontario, stores cannot claim that mask exempt people are trespassing, as a store has to be licensed, part of that involved with that license is that they must follow the laws of the land to do business. Businesses generally have open sign or some other indicator that serves as an invitation to do business with the general public, and one who is invited to do business is not trespassing as long as the person stays inside the general shopping area. But again, I don't know American law, do your own research before doing anything rash.

Aboulia

Woodpecker
You know, I suspect if I said “So you’re refusing me service and discriminating against me based on my medical condition?” it’d be very successful.
Especially if you pulled out your phone to record. Do it calm and politely.

Edit: and keep in mind it is a bluff until you know the laws of the land

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Especially if you pulled out your phone to record. Do it calm and politely.

Edit: and keep in mind it is a bluff until you know the laws of the land

That’s a good idea. I’d also write down the name of the person accosting me and have them repeat verbally they’re refusing service and discriminating against me based on my medical situation. I’ve used that technique many times to intimidate rude employees. Get their name, have them spell it, get the manager‘s name/schedule/phone number. Have them spell everything. It scares them to get them involved with the spelling. It’s a very effective intimidation tactic. None of these mini tyrants get paid enough to boss anyone.

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
That’s a good idea. I’d also write down the name of the person accosting me and have them repeat verbally they’re refusing service and discriminating against me based on my medical situation. I’ve used that technique many times to intimidate rude employees. Get their name, have them spell it, get the manager‘s name/schedule/phone number. Have them spell everything. It scares them to get them involved with the spelling. It’s a very effective intimidation tactic. None of these mini tyrants get paid enough to boss anyone.

Propaganda based on social psychological - emotional shaming / appeal to prejudice

Masks allow individuals more confidence to be rude and to be nasty to other individuals.
Social media ,allowing for anonymity, have cultivated for years the behaviour used now to dehumanize individuals in public: individuals are hiding behind masks instead of screens.

An individual can hide behind his or her mask and feel a sense of security when dehumanizing another individual with shaming.

To control a narrative or a group of individuals one of the first actions is to create a culture that is not tolerable of the opposing narrative.
Inducing guilt (for bad behaviour - not wearing a mask) requires criticising.

Here is a passive aggressive technique (appeal to prejudice) to criticise/shame an individual:

"I am a healthy individual who is not at risk, but will be taking the vaccine for the benefit of others. As why I wear a mask too "

If you do not vaccine for the benefit of others "you are not of higher moral standards or a compassionate individual" is the message from an individual exercising authority. This is a form of propaganda based on social psychological research.

Proverbs 13:10

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
I believe private businesses may set their own rules, at least where I am; the right to refuse service is pretty broad. As far as I am aware, if you claim to have a condition that doesn't allow you to wear a face covering, they don't actually have to let you in to avoid ADA/medical discrimination penalties -- they would only be obligated to provide you with curbside pickup or delivery service.

The mandates were written fairly cleverly, at least where I am - essentially forcing businesses into an enforcement role under threat of stiff penalty (against the business/proprietor). It's probably the most effective way they could have done it. They knew they couldn't get away with just sending LEOs to issue citations or arrest people for not wearing a mask (at least not right off the bat), because the LAW isn't actually on their side if they do. So they intimidate or incentivize, as needed, to compel the businesses to set rules which you as an individual have no legitimate legal recourse against (they can have you removed for trespassing, and THAT charge would likely stick).

The law isn't really on their side in support of strong-arming the businesses this way, but businesses as entities have an inherently greater interest in security (compliance) than freedom. In terms of incentivization: COVID Compliance is a condition of qualification for pretty much all COVID-related assistance for businesses. My husband received a small COVID relief grant for his business. He wasn't even allowed to be open for months, so we might have lost the business without that. This puts us in a position where even though the FINE for non-compliance might ultimately not be legal/enforceable, non-compliance puts us on the hook to pay back the grant.

It's not quite as brilliant as it is evil, but I can't deny that it works.