Massive explosion rocks Beirut, national news says its “fireworks “

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

Interior Minister Mohammed Fahmi told a local TV station that it appeared the blast was caused by the detonation of more than 2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate that had been stored in a warehouse at the dock ever since it was confiscated from a cargo ship in 2014. It sent a mushroom cloud into the sky and rattled windows on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus, about 100 miles away.

2,700 tons of ammonium nitrate stored in that warehouse by the sea port is insane.

godfather dust

Ostrich
Gold Member
It's a boomer thing. And an Evangelical thing as well, but we don't really have those in Europe

The Squad is a prime example of this new anti-Israel thinking. They are radical leftist, brown and 'oppressed'

And they hate Israel, because to them Israel is a neo-colonial oppressor state inhabited (primarily) by European settlers (Ashkenazi Jews)

How this relates to them being backed by the Jew- controlled media/banking cartel/ cultural institutes in the USA I don't know.. Maybe its a classic example of Zionism vs. International Jewry and Chassidim Judaism vs. Reformed Judaism/atheistic Judaism?

Israel is a genuine apartheid state performing a Holocaust on the Palestinian people (some of who are Christian.)

They have gotten away with it due to world sympathy from their supposed genocide at the hands of the Nazis, while the greatest crimes against humanity of all time by the Jewish Bolsheviks are brushed over.

Their greatest weapon has been the subversion of the American Evangelist movement through use of the satanic Schofield reference bible which has allowed them to take over the United States military.

Goni

Robin
It might have been very well an accident caused by ammonium nitrate which was not kept on the right security measures and was left in poor conditions like it was some grain and not something so much damaging like it proved to be.

Several media are reporting that the large quantity was confiscated from a Russian businessman called Igor Garchushkin originally from Siberia.

Ammonium was meant to be sent in Mozambique through the Black Sea but becauese of engine problems the ship had to stop in the Beirut port.

The question remains why did the Lebanese authorities confiscate the ammonium nitrate?

Peacock
Gold Member
At first I thought that tall slab next to the crater was a tall office building, but apparently it was a grain elevator. I guess that explains why there are 100 dead instead of 1000...

There was a "hole" in the spherical shock wave which was the shade of this grain silo, the large concrete structure filled with grains acted like a giant set of sand bags in dampening part of the blast.

This could have been an accident, or an act of deliberate sabotage, with plausible deniability. The timing is a bit suspicious, the ammonium nitrate having been there for 6 years already, and this week corresponding with an escalating Israeli bombing campaign on Syrian and Hezbolah targets in the region... If there was any kind of bombmaking facility using that stockpile of amonium nitrate as raw product, then the odds of an Israeli sabotage are a lot higher.

Lebanon has been under a currency attack combined with US economic sanctions designed to cripple that country. We'll see if those sanctions are lifted, or if they get at least a temporary moratorium.

durangotang

Pelican
The reddish-brown mushroom cloud has to be the tell tale indicator of what was used in the explosive. Some agent produced that in quantity. If it was the ammonium nitrate from the fertilizer, then wouldn't we have seen something similar in the Texas fertilizer explosion from a few years ago? So I found images and footage from the Texas fertilizer plant and as we can see there is no resemblance:

Texas fertilizer plant explosion:

Beirut explosion:

Again they don't resemble one another. Some chemical reaction had to produce the reddish-brown cloud in massive quantities, near instantaneously. I am not a military expert, I am just speculating, but perhaps someone here has an answer to what possible bombs can leave a plume like that? When I Google it, I get nuclear weapons due to the radioactivity.

Mushroom cloud

From the article:

The initial color of some radioactive clouds can be colored red or reddish-brown, due to presence of nitrogen dioxide and nitric acid, formed from initially ionized nitrogen, oxygen, and atmospheric moisture. In the high-temperature, high-radiation environment of the blast, ozone is also formed.
-----------------------------
Here is some more pics and footage of the Texas fertilizer plant explosion:

This is all just speculation. Does anyone have any ideas as to why the plumes would be so different?

I've lived in the middle east, specifically the Gulf. I can attest to the lack of infrastructure, safety precautions and protocol. I can also attest to the insane level of tribalism and family ties. So the whole myth of Hezbollah using human shields can be debunked with one simple question. Why would families and tribes allow rocket launchers to be next to their children? But hey if you want to believe the Israeli propaganda that Hezbollah is hiding behind nurseries and hospitals and all the Hezbollah fighters can care less about their children and injured getting blown up then you will also believe a jet can hit a multistory sky scraper and make it crumble in on itself like sand. Back to the topic at hand one picture of what may or not be ammonium nitrate in a hanger that exploded does not disprove that a bomb was used or that there were munitions there. They already said it was there temporarily meaning they knew when it arrived and presumably had a time when it was going to depart, right before there just happened to be an accidental fire a few feet away? Secondly just because you don't see a plane over top of the port doesn't mean it was not bombed. Let's keep in mind its a port. So who knows what was in the water. Secondly the smoke and explosions would have made it almost impossible without high technology to determine if a missile entered and detonated. Twitter pictures won't tell us the whole story.

durangotang

Pelican
I would think that ammonium nitrate is ammonium nitrate and would produce the same explosive byproducts. As for the nuclear explanation, it's just one possible explanation. It seems that in the Beirut blast there is a pronounced reddish-brown cloud, while in other nuclear detonation videos we see the air is moving much more quickly. I speculate this is because we are watching videos of nuclear weapons that result in much more powerful explosions, and therefore the updraft sucks the initial plume reaction away. If the Lebanon explosion were in fact a nuclear bomb, it would be a mini-nuke somewhere in the five kiloton range (or 1/3 as powerful as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima in 1945).

Alternatively, there is some other explosive compound that produces such a distinctive plume that we don't know about. That's probably the more likely scenario. In other nuclear explosions, you can see the initial red color quickly gets sucked away, but this explosion does appear to be something else. It is initially more pronounced and it lingers. The question is, what is it?

A very pronounced reddish-brown explosion is seen in Beirut:

The colors appear enhanced on this photo, but the plume is unmistakably red and lingers:

Mushroom cloud

The initial color of some radioactive clouds can be colored red or reddish-brown, due to presence of nitrogen dioxide and nitric acid, formed from initially ionized nitrogen, oxygen, and atmospheric moisture. In the high-temperature, high-radiation environment of the blast, ozone is also formed. It is estimated that each megaton of yield produces about 5000 tons of nitrogen oxides.[10] Yellow and orange hues have also been described. This reddish hue is later obscured by the white colour of water/ice clouds, condensing out of the fast-flowing air as the fireball cools, and the dark colour of smoke and debris sucked into the updraft. The ozone gives the blast its characteristic corona discharge-like smell.[11]
------------------------------

I did some more digging and found an explosion at the PEPCON plant in Henderson, Nevada in 1988. Here is what Wikipedia had to say about the PEPCON plant:

PEPCON disaster

The PEPCON plant, located in Henderson, Nevada, 10 miles (16 km) from Las Vegas, was one of only two American producers of ammonium perchlorate ("AP"), an oxidizer used in solid propellant rocket boosters, including the Space Shuttle, military weapons (SLBMs launched from nuclear submarines), and non-weaponized rocket programs (Atlas, Patriot, etc.).
------------------------------
Here we see a similar red plume from the ammonium perchlorate explosions at the PEPCON plant. This is starting to look similar to the Beirut explosion. Perhaps the facility in Beirut that exploded was a storage or processing facility for rocket propellant? Or perhaps it contained a weapons cache?

In light of this theory, things are starting to make sense, all the way from the motive to the color of the plume.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Videos of an ammunition depot's explosion caused by a fire in Russia (Sibera) last year.

Edit.

Description: Kandahar, Afghanistan - 749TH Explosive Ordinance Disposal (EOD) Company and Troop C, 1-10 CAV Quick Reaction Force picking up Ammonium Nitrate Fertilizer from the Afghan National Police Station. The fertilizer is banned in Afghanistan because it's an easy ingredient for Home Made Explosives (HME) used by insurgents. 749TH EOD sets up and detonates the fertilizer between mountains for a beautiful explosion.

Explosion starts around 2:40 mark.