Meat eating / Vegetarianism in the current world

You’re talking about veganism, heart attacks and the 19th century…..sounds great cool no argument here.

What I’m saying is the guy works hard in the gym, it’s not just steroids as you dismissed it as regardless of what he eats.

I think he was probably doing veganism properly by partaking of all the varieties of nutrition sources like Mushrooms, Algae etc. unlike the average malnourished vegan.

But in real life. A simpler diet would require animal products. The Irish diet of Potatoes and Dairy was quite sustainable for example in their poverty.

FrancisK

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I think he was probably doing veganism properly by partaking of all the varieties of nutrition sources like Mushrooms, Algae etc. unlike the average malnourished vegan.

But in real life. A simpler diet would require animal products. The Irish diet of Potatoes and Dairy was quite sustainable for example in their poverty.

I don’t know what the guy was eating but he looks like he has put a lot of hard work in that was my only point for the guy saying anybody could attain that physique with just steroids.

Meat and potatoes is by far my favorite meal but veggies also have a lot of stuff your body needs just stay away from the modified garbage get them from a farm or grow them yourself, just because vegans are mainly douchebags doesn’t mean you should blame the veggies for that haha.

I don’t know what the guy was eating but he looks like he has put a lot of hard work in that was my only point for the guy saying anybody could attain that physique with just steroids.

Meat and potatoes is by far my favorite meal but veggies also have a lot of stuff your body needs just stay away from the modified garbage get them from a farm or grow them yourself, just because vegans are mainly douchebags doesn’t mean you should blame the veggies for that haha.

It's not just that they are douchebags. Most of them are malnourished.

Pantheon

Sparrow
Orthodox
Some more thoughts on veganism:

The moral imperative of the modern world seems to be to eliminate suffering, which in ethical veganism scales down to animals. From a materialistic viewpoint, suffering is just a 'glitch' in the machine. The rationale is ''how can man outwit nature'' rather than harmonize with it. The impression I get is that vegans pose for nature, but since they do not in fact view suffering and pain as morally neutral aspects of life, and make an ethical judgement of them (that it is necessarily wrong to kill an animal), it goes to show that they are in fact not loyal to the ways of nature, but see humans as standing outside the ecological weave. That is, they are rationalists, not naturalists. It amounts to a form of secular "Christianity", where animals are anthropomorphized, and man is dehumanized.

Even if you take man out of the equation, animals will keep killing each other. There is no way out of killing since life is a competition for space and resources. Plants do certainly not "want" to be eaten either, which is why they are poisonous. The goal of political veganism is therefore to create a human environment that does not participate in nature. Symbolically, it is an attack on the archeype of the hunter. The Christian position would be that man does participate in nature, and should not abandon his role as apex predator.

If you view suffering in sentimental and wholly negative terms, life itself must certianly be viewed as an unfortunate accident, to be alleviated by technology. This means the vegan ideology is not really interested in nature, but wants a merely social experience of life, based on convenience. That is, it is an ideology of the petty bourgeoise, which requires safe urban environments and technology. That is not being on the side of nature.

In a state of nature, I can't see why for example the value of a fish's life is greater than the enjoyment a human gets from catching it and making a meal for his family. The value of an individual fish's life, or for that matter another animal, can only be seen in relation to how the species is doing otherwise. If something is endangered, don't kill it. If something is plentiful, go ahead and eat it.

So if the vegan argument is to end factory farming, it seems to me that you should oppose the conditions that uphold it (urbanization, individualism, technology and materialism) but vegan fundamentalists seem to be on the side of these very things ("as long as I buy green products I atone for my sins"). That is a lifestyle choice, not curing the disease.

If you view life as a whole, in a positive light, then suffering and violence clearly plays an evolutionary role, because without natural selection, there would not even exist any biological diversity or beauty, let alone human beings. The quest to end suffering is therefore to miss the forest for the trees and a quest to end nature itself.