Meet The World's Latest Self-Made Multi-Billionaire: Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos

Easy_C

Peacock
Knew she was a fraud since day 1. No such thing as successful female CEO that produces anything innovative.

I still don't understand 2 things:

1. Why is Billy Evans engaged to this radioactive woman?

2. Why does Holmes act like she is going to beat the courts? I know the pussy pass is real but she's committed massive fraud on the level of Bernie Maddoff.

I simply ignored the whole thing. What I noticed was that I'd heard absolutely nothing about the product or technology itself, just the media slathering over Holmes being a visionary genius and lots of "girrrrl power" mental masturbation. I don't care much for cults of personality so once I decided it was an empty cult of personality I just tuned out.

I didn't catch the fraud(because I dismissed at as trivial hot air early on) but I also feel confident saying I would not have fallen for the scam had I been in the other investor's shoes.

Abelard Lindsey

Woodpecker
I was flying a lot in spring and summer of '14 when I saw all of those magazine covers featuring Holmes in airport magazine stands. I just assumed the whole thing was hype and thought they might make some useful technology (microfluidics) along the way. The fraud began unraveling the following year and her photo no longer graced the the airport magazine stands.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
About to watch that documentary; hoping it doesn't punish me further with the story of her sorry simp cuck boyfriend.

That couple is emblematic if everything wrong with San Fran - thirsty dudes with money, has-been women with too many options, globohomosexual worldview, overpriced everything, modern day Gomorrah - or is it Sodom?

None of it is surprising, unfortunately.

BlueMark

Woodpecker
Gold Member
What the media made her look like:
[img=480x318]https://media.vanityfair.com/photos...r/pass/theranos-elizabeth-holmes-01.jpg[/img]

What she actually looks like:
former-theranos-founder-and-ceo-elizabeth-holmes-leaves-the-news-photo-1094221604-1552490441.jpg

She looks like a boy with long hair.

Yet there are tons of articles online that describe her as "young and attractive." Because apparently the bar for white blonde female beauty is not very high in Silicon Valley.
https://medium.com/@kitanyaharrison/elizabeth-holmes-and-the-dangers-of-white-feminism-699cfe6333a3
https://slate.com/culture/2019/03/elizabeth-holmes-theranos-millennial-influencer-culture.html
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17329748

:facepalm:

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
^it isn't. The lame scene of the bay area has been discussed ad nauseum in many threads. At the peril of your libido, avoid.

Oh yeah - that HBO documentary was actually worth a watch, but the shorter one did a better job comparing her real voice to the put on baritone she still presents publicly. I was glad to see in the end that the old man George Schultz finally came around to the reality that Holmes is a fraud. Good to know he won't die a fool.

I guess Tim Draper finally smelled the coffee too, since even a year or so ago he was still defending Holmes and the Theranos dream/fraud. Seeing him wearing a Bitcoin tie during his interview makes me think he's still desperately looking for the next big thing.

I'm not surprised that people with Theranos on their resume have a tough time finding work either. As a prospective employer I'd want to know what the hell they were doing on a day to day basis with an idea that so obviously wasn't working. Why couldn't they get another job somewhere else, did they knowingly perpetuate a lie, etc. Meanwhile their former boss is prancing around Burning Man with her new simp, assuming she isn't going to spend a few years in prison. If she isn't jailed the example set will be worse than Smollett's dismissal.

Lone Wolf said:
JayR said:
UK tabloid says she's engaged:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...illy-Evans-works-driverless-car-start-up.html

Maybe she's planning to get knocked up to maximize pussy pass for her upcoming legal challenges.

1S8DGxv.jpg
Pimp of the year
10420674-6756663-image-m-43_1551383178091.jpg

Roosh once said that women cannot fail in our world.

She fell right onto the dick of a wealthy trust-fund man who is younger than her and has a higher sexual market value.

She is carefree as can be. Her Indian ex may do more prison time than her.

We all know that the current liberal feminist times are batshit insane. They jail men for years for lesser things while she still frolicks around the world enjoying her life.

Honestly we should all be doing some startups with some hired actresses/women doing sales who sell you all the story of the next Steve Jobs. It would not even matter whether any of the startups make money ever. You get rich either way selling your initial shares to the prospective clients before the IPO - if that ever comes. The feminist progressive morons will gobble up every shit so long as they can believe in the big female hope.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Every one of those big players thought they would do exactly that - get richer when Theranos went public. Trouble is, going public means a lot of scrutiny in the post Enron/Worldcom environment. But it is increasingly unlikely that a fake company with no real product and cooked books would be able to get to market. They can fake it till they make it while they are private up to a point, but good luck getting rid of any of those privately held shares.

And yes, it's tough for a woman to actually fail. When was the last time you saw a female homeless person? When you did, was she even moderately attractive? There's your proof.

When you read through the article, then it becomes clear that she just shifted from one con into the next. She is now conning a 27yo nice guy to let go of his family fortune. Heck - she may attempt to pop out a kid or two - carousel riding wasn't one of her vices as far as we know.

She seems now an utterly different person in the pictures and frankly - she does what she can by nabbing the best man she can. It's only unclear whether she won't end up for years behind bars and I cannot imagine that guy to wait for her.

10412692-6756663-image-a-17_1551382373513.jpg

eradicator

Peacock
Agnostic
Gold Member
If they get married and she goes to jail for 20 years (she’d probsbly get a couple years and most of it probation). And he divorces her, does she still get half ? Or do you have to be out of prison to get half?(assume they stay married for ten years then she goes to jail)

BlueMark

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Somebody nominate this guy for Beta of the Year award over at Chateau Heartiste.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/06/famil...-fiance-worry-she-has-brainwashed-him-source/

Sources told The Post that Evans’ image-conscious parents, William and Susan ... are flabbergasted by their son’s decision to marry Holmes.

(Evans, his family and Holmes did not respond to requests for comment.)

“His family is like, ‘What the f–k are you doing?’ It’s like he’s been brainwashed. [He says,] ‘The media has it all wrong about her,’” said one San Francisco techie.

“He’s had a lot people very close to him sit him down and have a talk,” the colleague said, before cataloging the litany of warnings given to Evans.

“‘This could be the biggest mistake you’ll ever make.’ ‘The negativity around her could blow back on you.’ ‘You’ve never encountered anything like this.’ ‘You need to think hard about what you’re doing.’ ”

Still, the couple is undeterred.

“It’s kind of like Billy is her shiny new toy. She’s super enthusiastic about being with him,” the colleague said.

“The relationship is opportunistic for the both of them. Elizabeth needs a lot of support in her life right now, and Billy is looking for whatever way he can raise his profile.”

Even if that way is through a pariah.

A relationship with Holmes “will destroy your social value,” the colleague added. “But you will get something else in return” — namely, fame.

Before Holmes, the 6-foot-4 Evans was a playboy with a mission.

“I met two of his ex-girlfriends. They were both Instagram models, and he was super proud of that fact,”
the colleague said. “He would date young, absolutely drop-dead-gorgeous girls [with big followings].”

The colleague added that Evans religiously tracked his social-media followers and likes. (Since news broke of his and Holmes’ relationship, Evans appears to have deactivated his Instagram and Facebook accounts.)

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
BlueMark said:
Before Holmes, the 6-foot-4 Evans was a playboy with a mission.

“I met two of his ex-girlfriends. They were both Instagram models, and he was super proud of that fact,”
the colleague said. “He would date young, absolutely drop-dead-gorgeous girls [with big followings].”

The colleague added that Evans religiously tracked his social-media followers and likes. (Since news broke of his and Holmes’ relationship, Evans appears to have deactivated his Instagram and Facebook accounts.)

Que...?

Perhaps Holmes is blackmailing him?

He likes publicity and fame and dating this woman gave him more publicity than banging his Instagram hotties with millions of followers.

And of course - she is very adapt at sales and manipulation - to the level of changing her entire personality or even voice.

Funny that they live in her apartment that she still rents with her Theranos money.

Also I would not say that he is too Beta since his Beta/Gamma friend hired him in one company to boss people around as he was confrontation-averse.

Ah well - soap opera - still funny, because they go ahead with the marriage while she is facing up to 20 years behind bars.

Sp5

Banned
I don't know all of the facts of this case, but I'm getting interested in it.

Her knowledge of the technical aspects of what was going on and intent to defraud seem to be the issues. Her likely defense will be to point the finger at others, probably her co-defendant and No. 2 Balwani, saying she was a college dropout and couldn't understand she was being fooled about the devices. Even though her hype was that she was a super-genius that knew Mandarin, several programming languages etc.

She seems like a true sociopath. This is possibly some Madoff-level fraud here. Madoff got 150 years, totally fucked til the end of life.

She only posted $500,000 bail. If I were her, I'd be looking to charter a plane to non-extradition country or a place where she can hide out. Tough to do that nowadays, I know. She's probably waiting to see how tough the prosecutors really are going to be on her. Plea bargain negotiations are going on, where will they be on the eve of a trial?

This chump Evans is a prop to buy her lawyers, get her pregnant quickly for sympathy, maybe fly her someplace and buy her immunity there.

I will pay more attention to this case - could be an indicator of where justice in the USA is now. Next status is April 22.

< Appreciate your input Sp5.

My bet is that the defense strategy will be rather simple - she was not knowledgable about the technology and this is easily proven. She was excellent in sales and had no idea about the real feasability of medical technology. They can even roll out her first wristband-medical device that she attempted to put out - making up technology that was nothing more than science fiction. They can go into deep length of how she was utterly unable to understand that the proposed Theranos tech was unrealistic and she relied on the knowledge of her scientists - for example the guy who committed suicide is to be blamed for the failure of Theranos - not her.

That will be the likely defensive strategy on top of the pussy-pass sympathy-bonus. She will llkely go back to her real voice for extra sympathy. The case of Madoff was far more clear-cut and he could not really claim innocence - with her it may be possible as she could still claim that her staff told her that the tech is just a few weeks or months away and they only used the equipment of the competition to close the gap.

But she did lie about the current state of Theranos tech so who knows what will happen.

I dunno, I can't see this chick having the guts to skip bail and spend the rest of her life in some sunny non-extradition country. (Does that even work anymore?)

She just seems like a generic, nasty little thot to me.

BURNΞR

Pelican
Agnostic
Simeon_Strangelight said:
< Appreciate your input Sp5.

My bet is that the defense strategy will be rather simple - she was not knowledgable about the technology and this is easily proven. She was excellent in sales and had no idea about the real feasability of medical technology. They can even roll out her first wristband-medical device that she attempted to put out - making up technology that was nothing more than science fiction. They can go into deep length of how she was utterly unable to understand that the proposed Theranos tech was unrealistic and she relied on the knowledge of her scientists - for example the guy who committed suicide is to be blamed for the failure of Theranos - not her.

That will be the likely defensive strategy on top of the pussy-pass sympathy-bonus. She will llkely go back to her real voice for extra sympathy. The case of Madoff was far more clear-cut and he could not really claim innocence - with her it may be possible as she could still claim that her staff told her that the tech is just a few weeks or months away and they only used the equipment of the competition to close the gap.

But she did lie about the current state of Theranos tech so who knows what will happen.

That's very creative and who knows, maybe it works but if it does it'll just piss everyone off. The perception is that she is the CEO and knowingly scammed rich old beta men and endangered the health of people bigly. It's a hard sell to let her off without actual prison time. If they let her go it's just further confirmation we live in clown world.

By the way. Check out the first couple of pages in this thread. Everyone was cheering her on and even many Would Bangs lol.