Meet The World's Latest Self-Made Multi-Billionaire: Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos

The progression of this thread is incredible, looks like she might of hyped up her products to be better than they actually are, don't count your eggs before they hatch folks. I would certainly have vetted her well before investing and actually tested her products all the way through. She's kinda cute though so that may have contributed to people looking past the flaws of her inventions. I certainly like seeing women involved in industry and innovation, its imperative in society to women contributing in the economic sectors, for productivity aspects and profits as well. Diversity in race and gender increases company profits studies have shown, when I start my company there will be plenty of diversity, I love hanging out with different cultures and women.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
The progression of this thread is incredible, looks like she might of hyped up her products to be better than they actually are, don't count your eggs before they hatch folks. I would certainly have vetted her well before investing and actually tested her products all the way through. She's kinda cute though so that may have contributed to people looking past the flaws of her inventions. I certainly like seeing women involved in industry and innovation, its imperative in society to women contributing in the economic sectors, for productivity aspects and profits as well. Diversity in race and gender increases company profits studies have shown, when I start my company there will be plenty of diversity, I love hanging out with different cultures and women.

Sideways-glance-meme.jpg

She pulled an all-nighter a long time ago and decided when she grew up she wanted to be a tech titan. So she dropped out of college and started a company. She had no significant education in medicine or technology. For lack of that, she bleached her hair, got blue contact lenses, and started wearing black turtlenecks like Steve Jobs to get the right image. And tried to speak in a deeper voice to...sound more like a man? Packed the board of directors with a bunch of old guys who did not know technology.

She thought by sheer force of will she could create a tech empire.

Magical-Thinking 101.

This bitch got pregnant... She can give birth in prison, and her child should be given up for adoption, and never see his/her bio-mother again.

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
These companies started or headed by attractive young women are always - always a fraud. The men who run or invest in corporations want to have enough diversity at the top of their organizations. But they don't want to be surrounded by fat old women either. So attractive young women get promoted to these top ranks very quickly. Once they start hitting the wall all of a sudden they flame out. (consider Marissa Meyer who had a very fast rise at Google, then became CEO of Yahoo, now flamed out CEO of a small self-funded company )

Elizabeth Holmes was just an example of this in the investment world, where there were all these investors who wanted to have a "woman founded" company in their portfolio, and along comes this pretty girl with a plausible story - and they all pile in to invest.

Check out this post mortem:

Lol @ "If anything, Holmes was an exceptional CEO for the sole fact she was able to convince billionaire after billionaire to invest in her company on little more than an idea she could hardly explain in detail."

A pretty good grift right now would be to find an attractive biracial woman to set up as a tech founder, and I'm sure you could get massive investment.

Last edited:

Jacob Robinson

Woodpecker
Catholic
.... (consider Marissa Meyer who had a very fast rise at Google, then became CEO of Yahoo, now flamed out CEO of a small self-funded company )...
Marissa Meyer was remarkable in that Google kept her around even though, as memory serves from reading past articles, she struggled with basic things like actually writing code. Google did not want to fiire the first female "engineer" they had hired, and then she leveraged that "experience" at Google to get the top job at Yahoo, where she made $260M to take the company from a $20B valuation down to $4B.

Some strange trend here: the woke high tech industry is supposed to value diversity, but what is the deal with the star women all bleaching their hair? Look at photos of Meyer, she was doing it too along with Holmes. What is the fascination with blonde hair and blue eyes for women in high tech leadership?

C-Note

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Gold Member
Holmes will keep requesting delay-after-delay on the trial while her friends and family work behind the scenes trying to get the Biden administration to drop the charges. She was a big supporter of Hillary Clinton so I'm sure she's hoping to call in some favors from the Democratic establishment.

Dusty

Owl
Gold Member
1615670625842.gif

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Other Christian
Gold Member
These companies started or headed by attractive young women are always - always a fraud. The men who run or invest in corporations want to have enough diversity at the top of their organizations. But they don't want to be surrounded by fat old women either. So attractive young women get promoted to these top ranks very quickly. Once they start hitting the wall all of a sudden they flame out. (consider Marissa Meyer who had a very fast rise at Google, then became CEO of Yahoo, now flamed out CEO of a small self-funded company )

There's an insurance company here in Australia, that for the longest time, always depicts there staff as female.
Even the roadside mechanics in there adverts are female.

However...
The females are always slender & pretty. No fugly's by & large.

So it's a case of the company wanting it's cake & eating it too.
On one hand they want to virtue signal that they're a "progressive" company that favours woman.
Yet on the other, they still want to use - "sex sells"...

maxresdefault.jpg

Is she an insurance consultant?
Or a phone sex fantasy...?

Cervantes

Woodpecker
Woman
Holmes will keep requesting delay-after-delay on the trial while her friends and family work behind the scenes trying to get the Biden administration to drop the charges. She was a big supporter of Hillary Clinton so I'm sure she's hoping to call in some favors from the Democratic establishment.
Not being Jewish, like Martha Stewart, she will be disappointed.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Predictably, the defense is trying to blame her ex-boyfriend for bulling her into doing what she did. But even the most sympathetic take does not make that look believable. She had nearly all the voting rights in the company.

Do you think she will testify?
If I had to bet, I think she will testify. Not just because of what I have said about her tolerance for risk and her confidence, but because it looks like her strategy is going to be to blame Sunny and say he was abusive.

If that is the strategy, I don’t think it will be enough to put psychologists on the stand. To convince the jurors, they will want to hear from her how Sunny abused her, what effect that had on her, and how it affected her judgment.
Maybe I will be proven wrong. In most criminal cases defense lawyers advise their clients not to testify because it is a huge gamble. It opens you up to cross-examination from the prosecution, which can backfire in a huge way. If she does testify, it will certainly go against the grain of what usually happens.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
thot detected.....

MrFreezy

Banned
Catholic
Ms Holmes' parents spent much of their careers as bureaucrats on Capitol Hill but "they were very interested in status" and "lived for connections", he told the BBC. Her father's great great grandfather founded Fleischmann's Yeast, which changed America's bread industry, and the family was very conscious about its lineage, he said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58336998.amp
Miss Holmes is a very special Jew. If you can outjew Henry Kissinger himself you are one heck of a Jew... Kind of a super Jew!

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Predictably, the defense is trying to blame her ex-boyfriend for bulling her into doing what she did. But even the most sympathetic take does not make that look believable. She had nearly all the voting rights in the company.

The old "I was in an abusive relationship, so I couldn't help defrauding investors out of hundreds of millions of dollars" defense.