Memes and gifs that will instantly trigger leftists

Hypno

Crow

Damn, what an informed electorate. I'm sure they are easily outraged by all those 'poor' chill'in stuffed in cages by Obama, but don't know a damn thing about the illegal immigration/human trafficking issue, but profess to be superior to us 'deplorable'. types. I'm sure few of what passes for a male up there can even change the oil in their car.

I'm so happy for this permanent of collage of ignorance.

Elipe

Woodpecker
Damn, what an informed electorate. I'm sure they are easily outraged by all those 'poor' chill'in stuffed in cages by Obama, but don't know a damn thing about the illegal immigration/human trafficking issue, but profess to be superior to us 'deplorable'. types. I'm sure few of what passes for a male up there can even change the oil in their car.
In fairness, there's not really a need to know how to change the oil in your car anymore because we live in such a service-oriented economy that you can easily find a mechanic (e.g. at Wal-Mart) to do it for you for fairly cheap, in addition to the routine inspection.

(I'm guilty)

These days, if you really want to insult someone's self-reliance, you say that these people have too much learned helplessness that they wouldn't even think to do a web search for how to change the oil in their car if they needed to.

(Fortunately, you can't insult me for that one because the job I work in is all about doing web searches for solutions.)

In fairness, there's not really a need to know how to change the oil in your car anymore because we live in such a service-oriented economy that you can easily find a mechanic (e.g. at Wal-Mart) to do it for you for fairly cheap, in addition to the routine inspection.

(I'm guilty)

These days, if you really want to insult someone's self-reliance, you say that these people have too much learned helplessness that they wouldn't even think to do a web search for how to change the oil in their car if they needed to.

(Fortunately, you can't insult me for that one because the job I work in is all about doing web searches for solutions.)
Well, I am being unfair I guess. Some newer cars make it almost impossible for anyone to do anything anyway unless you are a trained technician.

But yeah, lots of learned helplessness these days. Not that I can do everything, but I would have an idea of trying to do something and do it. These are the same people that are too dumb to keep a simple flashlight at their house and then would want the government to come bail them out.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
Well, I am being unfair I guess. Some newer cars make it almost impossible for anyone to do anything anyway unless you are a trained technician.

And that's exactly why you need to know how to change your oil : so you can immediately recognize someone trying to sell you a shit car.

Here we have cars where you need to remove the whole front bumper assembly to change a lightbulb, 50 screws and half an hour later you finally get to the bulb, then have fun doing the same in reverse and of course nothing lines up cleanly anymore because it's all shit plastic, and now your car looks like you just had a minor accident .. hello !?
So of course instead of spending 2 minutes doing it yourself you have to drive to the garage and they bill you an hour work .. for a damn lightbulb !

And that's exactly why you need to know how to change your oil : so you can immediately recognize someone trying to sell you a shit car.

Here we have cars where you need to remove the whole front bumper assembly to change a lightbulb, 50 screws and half an hour later you finally get to the bulb, then have fun doing the same in reverse and of course nothing lines up cleanly anymore because it's all shit plastic, and now your car looks like you just had a minor accident .. hello !?
So of course instead of spending 2 minutes doing it yourself you have to drive to the garage and they bill you an hour work .. for a damn lightbulb !

Here in the Philippines they build very inexpensive knock-offs of the classic WWII American Jeep. The Filipinos fell in love with the vehicle, during and after the war. It is just the opposite of the automotive headache you describe... :)