Memes and gifs that will instantly trigger leftists

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox
3307231cbfab8107.jpg
How it started / How it's goings are some of my very favorite memes. Is there any place to find these online now that they have broken internet search? Or can we just have some more posted here please?

Elipe

Pelican
teacher-pay-stonetoss-political-cartoon.png

On the subject of why the public education system sucks, it also occurs to me that the best teachers are the people who actually do what they teach. A coder is the best programming teacher, a mechanic is the best car maintenance teacher, and so on forth. An education degree is just a degree that certifies that you've been trained to teach according to a certain standard (or let's be honest, at a minimum, that you teach from a book), not that you're a particularly good teacher in a certain subject. The standard for becoming a standard public school teacher is almost just that you have to be a warm body.

Mentorship, not angry single crazy cat ladies teaching kids because that's the best they could do with their lives, is what young people need.

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member

One-Third Of Basecamp Employees Quit After Ban On Political Discussions At Work​

After CEO Jason Fried announced in a Monday blog post that employees would no longer be able to openly share their "societal and political discussions" at work, around 20 of the company's 60 employees simply couldn't handle minding their own business and focusing on what they were hired to do.

"Every discussion remotely related to politics, advocacy or society at large quickly spins away from pleasant," Fried wrote in the blog post. "You shouldn’t have to wonder if staying out of it means you’re complicit, or wading into it means you’re a target."

As an aside, here's Warren Buffett's opinion on workplace political views from today's Berkshire shareholder meeting:

"I don’t really like to get into political questions generally," adding that it wouldn't be his place to inject politics into the workplace. "I voted for Biden, but I never asked a single employee of ours who they voted for."

As TechCrunch notes, several employees took Twitter to express their outrage.

More via TechCrunch:

The no-politics rule at Basecamp follows a similar stance that Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong staked out late last year. Armstrong also denounced debates around “causes or political candidates” arguing that such discussions distracted from the company’s core work. About 60 members of Coinbase’s 1,200 person staff took buyouts in light of the internal policy change — a ratio that makes the exodus at Basecamp look even more dramatic.

“If you’re in doubt as to whether your choice of forum or topic for a discussion is appropriate, please ask before posting,” Basecamp CTO David Heinemeier Hansson wrote in his own blog post, echoing Fried.

According to Platformer, Fried’s missive didn’t tell the whole story. Basecamp employees instead said the tension arose from internal conversations about the company itself and its commitment to DEI work, not free-floating arguments about political candidates. Fried’s blog post does mention one particular source of tension in a roundabout way, referencing an employee-led DEI initiative that would be disbanded.

“We make project management, team communication, and email software,” Fried wrote. “We are not a social impact company.”

kazz

Kingfisher
They got rid of gossiping trouble makers without having to fire them, they weeded themselves out sound like a win for Basecamp.

Lucky they live in a capitalist country, they are now free to go and start their own business where they can gossip about politics at work till their hearts content.

Last edited:
Buffet? Voted for Biden? Politics aside I use to admire the man, but then I realized he’s just chasing a carrot on a stick. Worth billions and still has a thirst and hunger for wealth. A billion is more than anyone ever needs. Can buy all the cars you want, private planes and properties and have more than enough left over. But no.

Christ said you can’t serve two masters, it’s the Lord or money. I didn’t understand what was so wrong on amassing wealth but as I got older I realized. Wealth only exists in this world, love and recognition of God exists here and beyond our time here. What investment would you make? To some it’s a no brainer to others it isn’t so easy. I’m not saying you shouldn’t make good money but and should blow it all away, but it shouldn’t dictate your life.

BiggNastee

Woodpecker
Buffet? Voted for Biden? Politics aside I use to admire the man, but then I realized he’s just chasing a carrot on a stick. Worth billions and still has a thirst and hunger for wealth. A billion is more than anyone ever needs. Can buy all the cars you want, private planes and properties and have more than enough left over. But no.

Christ said you can’t serve two masters, it’s the Lord or money. I didn’t understand what was so wrong on amassing wealth but as I got older I realized. Wealth only exists in this world, love and recognition of God exists here and beyond our time here. What investment would you make? To some it’s a no brainer to others it isn’t so easy. I’m not saying you shouldn’t make good money but and should blow it all away, but it shouldn’t dictate your life.
Matthew 19:24

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.