Memes and gifs that will instantly trigger leftists

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
They had to do a similar thing with Man In The High Castle because people were looking at the alternative history view of America run by Nazis and thinking "Hmm, looks pretty nice" in season one, so then they had to really change the following seasons to make it clear that no, the Nazis were actually supposed to be the bad guys.
I was talking to my wife about this yesterday. It's like they couldn't even conceive how a nazi society would be bad. They thought the word "nazi" would be bad enough, and then they show all these perfect families with stay at home moms, masculine, working dads, everyone is healthy, wealthy, and happy. I guess they did show that they did eugenics (may have been season 2), but America also did around that time. It could only be viewed as a negative alternate reality if you were already fully bought into feminism and ignorant of America's eugenic past.

Here's how they described it themselves on youtube:

Top comment: "'What if we lost?' Looks like winning to me." 1k likes, 14 comments.

Other comments: "Holy ****.. no riots, no one killing each other.. all the love for each other and peace!" "Is this really supposed to be a dystopia? Because it kinda looks like the opposite." "What a horrific look at what society could have been. You mean the cities wouldn't be set on fire like they were in Ferguson and there's no naked man running around with a rubber band around his balls?"

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
Christian dystopia eh? You are living in The Great Satan and they tweak two small things and it's a Christian Dystopia?
This person has no idea what a forced Christian society would look like, but not being able to do your occasional abortion or Gay fornication app would be a miniscule part of it.

I really enjoyed watching the first season of the feminist novel that Netflix televised called The Handmaid's Tale, specifically because it was a peek into how "they" view a right wing, masculine, Christian nation. The premise is that some evil group of conservative men overthrow the US government and take power, and they proceed to....
Preserve the environment
Outlaw promiscuity
Enforce family procreation
Institute chaste clothing
Match strong, successful, driven men up with youthful virgins
Pray a lot

I kept watching the series and laughing at the supposed "bad guys" who I kept agreeing with every single time. The main character keeps having flashbacks to her previous life where she had a race mixing relationship with a man she committed adultery with, and she is usually smoking cigarettes and cursing during the flashback scenes. To me it could not have been clearer that the bad guys "saved" her, and I guess the audience agreed, because in the next season they had to add a lot more weird / creepy / absurd stuff to *really* make the Christian leaders look evil.

They would also do group slut-shaming counseling sessions, and teach the women as a group how to be more feminine.
They correctly identified that the best way to make women more chaste was to make that a value that other women will compete over and enforce.
bb5048998e5ac09aeb1708e27e9e4c68.png

They had to do a similar thing with Man In The High Castle because people were looking at the alternative history view of America run by Nazis and thinking "Hmm, looks pretty nice" in season one, so then they had to really change the following seasons to make it clear that no, the Nazis were actually supposed to be the bad guys.

Do you recommend I watch these two tv shows? And if so, at what seasons should I stop?

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I would watch the first season of both. Particularly if you like sci fi or dystopian fiction. Someone told me recently that it is worth continuing the Man in the High Castle, so I am going to try the next season, I think I made it through 2. But honestly I think most of the reward is seeing how an alternative society runs, which is fleshed out through the first season of both.

The High Castle is written by Phillip K Dick, a very talented and renowned sci fi writer. The Handmaid's Tale was written by Margaret Atwood, who I'm not familiar with, and I haven't read her book, though I must say it seems well done to me. She does a great job with the basic themes and the plotline, but the details are all wrong.

For example, there are men with guns and radios everywhere. Of course, one only needs to look at any of America's adventurism wars to see that this rule by the fist never works. What is far more effective is the subtle reinforcement of morals. Think of Iranian society or North Korea or the Soviet Union (actually the HBO Chernobyl series on the USSR was fantastic). The vast majority of the reinforcement of behaviors was done without any overt weaponry, and that type of social reinforcement is FAR more effective and powerful than pointing a gun in someone's face.

The second example is how they handle the fertility problem. In the book and films, a woman is physically held down and a bizarre sex ritual is done to her with the wife present. In reality, of course, the rare fertile women would simply serve as surrogates or at the very least some sort of pseudo-mistresses... having the wife present during the act is just a bizarre feminist fantasy of how they view men, which is far more perverse and bizarre than we actually are.

Gradient

Kingfisher
There's a thread for TV show discussions.

This thread is for " Memes and gifs that will instantly trigger leftists"

Please make a note of it.

Someone told me recently that it is worth continuing the Man in the High Castle, so I am going to try the next season, I think I made it through 2. But honestly I think most of the reward is seeing how an alternative society runs, which is fleshed out through the first season of both.
The first season is good, the second season is "ok," but after that it gets tiresome. Also, the female main protagonist is extremely annoying and doesn't help matters. Nearly every decision she makes defies logic, from beginning to end. Without her it'd be a lot better.