Memes and gifs that will instantly trigger leftists

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
I was blocked from seeing this thread for about two years. Every once in a while I would remember it and use the search function to find it, then have about 700 posts to catch up on.

I tried to figure out why it didn't come up when I clicked new posts, but couldn't figure out what the problem was.

I finally happened to look at my ignored members list for whatever reason, and saw I had Duke Castile (formerly Fisto) on ignore. Duke Castile? Why would I ignore him? I took him off ignore. He hasn't posted in years in any case. I must have touched the ignore button for him accidentally.

Lo and behold, this thread now appears under new posts again! Good times!

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
26998d7cb9f1e2b8.png

Akaky Akakievitch

Kingfisher
Orthodox

Here's the guy who designed it:

No Jewish heritage... nor married to a Jew, but he is a "conceptual artist":

...and it's not long until the first Jew appears. The movement seems very rebellious, anti-logos and pretentious. Among its famous proponents are Marina Abramovic, Yoko Ono and more...

Here's a quote from his website about the true meaning of this artwork, just in case it passed you by:

A permanent memorial [ha ha...] for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King for the city of Boston, The Boston Foundation, and Embrace Boston In collaboration with Mass Design Group.

When we recognize that all storytelling is an abstraction, all representation is an abstraction, hopefully it allows us to be open to more dynamic and complex forms of representation that don’t stick us to narrative that oversimplifies a person or their legacy [sic], and I think this work really tries to get to the heart of that. — Hank Willis Thomas

huh-what.gif

Here are some more photos from his website of the 'permanent memorial' / eyesore:

988981eca6f50eeb9d4b66f79027a7a6136716b7-1536x2049.jpg

[^^ ha ha, would be too easy to caption]

9a4781a1dc4ecd6c3bceb0211c7f77f3e2b160a5-3840x2160.jpg

bfbd176ee16c76325c3968c67986c685e2fb3c69-5464x3640.jpg

And here's the original picture which features the 'embrace' itself:

7c371839e3c9280ca4f2754d9ac5d7e4d8ef8681-1613x2400.jpg

... which is so much more endearing.

But then again, MLK's legacy is rife with Jewish control and influence, so it was never going to be a traditional design and more of the (Jewish) conceptual kind:

King repeatedly used the Jewish experience as a model of success over oppression. He respected and admired values taught by Judaism and, as a deeply religious man, felt inspired by the Torah itself. He was sure that an alliance between blacks and Jews was fundamental to progress in civil rights. King felt a sense of kinship with the Jewish people and welcomed — even expected – – Jewish support and felt let down when it was not forthcoming.

[...]

“The African American community has no clue as to Dr. King’s involvement with the Jewish community, the State of Israel, the plight of Soviet Jews, his many references to the Holocaust, and his condemnation of anti-Semitism, especially when the virus erupted among African Americans,” [Rabbi Marc] Schneier said.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
3 or 4 years ago I was at an event on St Patty's Day up in LA and went to dinner after with friends and some of their friends....8-10 people total. A couple of them typical bourgeois Bohemian LA types and were getting of my nerves with their liberal drivel and rather than attempt to engage in pointless rationale dialogue and being 5 Old Fashions in I told the following joke.

whats-the-difference-between-st-patricks-day-and-martin-luther-31629394.png

Ive never had to endure those nimrods since.

Bonus that joke is good twice a year

Happy MLK Day!

ed pluribus unum

Ostrich
Protestant
3 or 4 years ago I was at an event on St Patty's Day up in LA and went to dinner after with friends and some of their friends....8-10 people total. A couple of them typical bourgeois Bohemian LA types and were getting of my nerves with their liberal drivel and rather than attempt to engage in pointless rationale dialogue and being 5 Old Fashions in I told the following joke.

Happy MLK Day!
Oh man, that one's going in the act!

Dusty

Peacock
Gold Member

Happy MLK Day!
Three times. Did you forget Juneteenth is now a Federal holiday.