Military coup in Myanmar

Myanmar's leader Aung San Suu Kyi and other senior figures from the ruling party have been detained in an early morning raid, the spokesman for the governing National League for Democracy (NLD) said on Monday.

The move came after days of escalating tension between the civilian government and the powerful military that stirred fears of a coup in the aftermath of an election the army says was fraudulent.

NLD spokesman Myo Nyunt told Reuters by phone that Suu Kyi, President Win Myint and other leaders had been "taken" in the early hours of the morning.

"I want to tell our people not to respond rashly and I want them to act according to the law," he said, adding that he expected to be arrested himself. Reuters was subsequently unable to contact him.

Phone lines to Naypyitaw, the capital, were not reachable in the early hours of Monday. Parliament had been due to start sitting there on Monday after a November election the NLD had won in a landslide.

A military spokesman did not answer phone calls seeking comment.

Hilarious. The former globohomo protégé Aung San Suu Kyi (who then suddenly started killing after she was catapulted into office) has been arrested along with the rest of the sell-outs

This is of course mostly a Myanmarese affair and due to a lack of knowledge I won't comment too much to that. It is however also a very interesting development because the coup is already called 'anti-democratic' and 'pro-Chinese'

The infamous blue checkmark Twitteratis are seething and on a warpath
1612139394005m.jpg

Easy_C

Peacock
I’ve seen pictures of some of the deposed politicians speaking at WEF events. Timing may be coincidental but it comes shortly after JinPing’s remarks were basically “Go ahead and your green thing, and F off while we expand our influence”.

Peacock
Gold Member
Burma is extremely important for China, as a strategic outlet to EMEA circumventing the Malacca Strait, and as a buffer with India. The Chinese diaspora in Burma runs the local economy, much like in the rest of SEA, without the kind of historic baggage with China that you find in Vietnam for example. Their Burmese diaspora has been very active in the mainland over the last few decades, building a lot of economic ties, so China has a lot of sway in Burma.

I’ve seen pictures of some of the deposed politicians speaking at WEF events. Timing may be coincidental but it comes shortly after JinPing’s remarks were basically “Go ahead and your green thing, and F off while we expand our influence”.
A bit of a tangent here but Putin had a really good speech, calling out the tech oligarchs and their creeping STASI state, and raising the alram on the destruction of traditional values in the West. In case you missed it:

Last edited:

Thailand with a neutral (token OK) response, India with a negative response

No official response from China yet, only rumours of the military in its Southern Sector being put on high alert.

Jack's also a Myanmar expert now. Amazing how that works.

Slim Shady

Ostrich
Gold Member
If this is anti-China, I doubt India actually has a negative response. Maybe a token "preserve democracy " comment on the surface, or simply reported that way by the media, but not the real reaction. Let's see what happens and what Modi says.

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
:hmm:

47651de104ba5db9.jpeg

3379e2f6abc5c6a4.jpeg

e4481e36dea40fd2.jpeg

Note: Prickhead deleted his above Twitter post (January 10, 2020). The deleted post can be found via Wayback Archive. You'll need to scroll down to look for the January 10 post.

What will be interesting is the tribal reaction...have had roommates that belonged to the Myanmar tribes and from what they told me the tribes and the Myanmarrese (forgot the exact name for the bare majority ethnic group) really, really hate each other's guts.

She fell harshly out of favor with globohomo due to the Rohingya Question, will be interesting to see how much traction this gets then.

Have to disagree

Globalhomo loves Buddhists more than Muslims. Just look at major celebrities they are all into Zen, Nirvana, Dharma and all that stuff. Aang Sang Suu Kyi still had a lot of support from typical white liberal types even when she was ethnically cleansing Muslims.

I guess mistreating Muslims is okay as long as Brown people are doing it. India does not get much criticism from Western liberal types either and their PM Modi just signed a law outlawing Muslim-Hindu marriage, put Kashmir under a total curfew and was basically held responsible for the Gujurat Riots/Massacre back in 02 that led to thousands dead.

Trump on the other hand was pretty much labelled a new hitler for something as mundane as a flight ban

If this is anti-China, I doubt India actually has a negative response. Maybe a token "preserve democracy " comment on the surface, or simply reported that way by the media, but not the real reaction. Let's see what happens and what Modi says.

I am surprised India's response was so negative considering that they have had good ties with Myanmars Military for decades. I guess this really does mean that China is pulling the strings..

Foolsgo1d

Peacock
Globalists upset over this so I hope it continues to cement China's position there and give them access to 2 oceans. The Chinese have a huge advantage over the Jews and their goy helpers and that is they are always China nambah 1!

USA and NATO are dying and nothing short of total economic/nuclear destruction will stop China.

Any country promoting the USA line of usury-backed societal degeneration is going to face massive problems this century.

Globalists upset over this so I hope it continues to cement China's position there and give them access to 2 oceans. The Chinese have a huge advantage over the Jews and their goy helpers and that is they are always China nambah 1!

USA and NATO are dying and nothing short of total economic/nuclear destruction will stop China.

Any country promoting the USA line of usury-backed societal degeneration is going to face massive problems this century.
China already is knee-deep in Myanmar. That's why the current silence is a bit confusing

One the one hand the new rulers could in any way ignore the socio-economic realities in Asia. However on the other hand in these parts of the world decisions aren't always made on the basis of money. It could very well be that the Army prefers an isolationist third position (although I am speaking out of turn now as this is mostly speculative and not based on any real knowledge)

Will have to wait and see

Peacock
Gold Member
On a literary note, has anyone read Orwell's personal semi-biographical account of his days as an expat in Burma? He was a local constable there in the 1930s, and blended in with the locals far better than the average British officer. This book has been on my reading list, perhaps it's a good time to dig into it:

1612233355967.png

pdf here: