Iran’s economical design and half-century of covert procurement of Western technology is being married to the industrial scale of a great power - Russia. That will have benefits for both Russia and Iran.
NATO's most expensive weapons program
- The US has unveiled thes stealth B-21 Raider - its newest bomber;
- The B-21 Raider may cost over 700 million US dollars per warplane;
- It will not fly until next year at the earliest and still requires extensive design reviews;
- Western analysts admit it faces major challenges going against modern integrated air defense systems produced by nations like Russia and China;
- Rather than depend on its stealth, analysts suggest it could use tactics already used by conventional aircraft to carry out standoff strikes using long-range precision guided weapons;
- If used to carry out standoff strikes, there is no need for expensive stealth capabilities;