Military equipment & technology used in the war

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member
How good are Brimstone missile?
Image result for Brimstone missile
In combat, Brimstone has demonstrated accuracy and reliability "both well above 90 percent" according to the MoD; Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Dalton has said that 98.3% to 98.7% of Brimstone fired in Libya "did exactly what we expected".

Apparently the success rate for that missile in Ukraine might be a bit lower than 98%...

A Ukrainian serviceman poses with an EDM4S drone suppression system (anti-drone gun).

The contract for the supply of 37 of these anti-drone guns was signed with the Lithuanian "NT Service" gasket of the real Israeli developer "Skylock" back in 2020, and the first complexes were handed over to the Armed Forces of Ukraine personally by the President of Lithuania Gitanas Naused in a solemn atmosphere on the territory of the Republic's embassy in Ukraine.
The complex is equipped with 4 directional antennas. Two antennas for the frequency bands 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz and a power of 10 W each; and the other two for GPS and GLONASS interference in the 1.5 GHz band and a power of 10 watts.
With a weight of 5.5 kg. EDM4S can provide suppression at ranges up to 3-5 kilometers.

Peacock
Catholic
Gold Member

note: I don't approve the tone of the message here, you've got to feel bad for the poor Ukie conscripts at the other end. Hopefully the scale of the Donbas defeat will prompt thousands of Ukrainians to put down their weapons.

dicknixon72

Pelican

note: I don't approve the tone of the message here, you've got to feel bad for the poor Ukie conscripts at the other end. Hopefully the scale of the Donbas defeat will prompt thousands of Ukrainians to put down their weapons.

For all its force and power, thermobaric munitions aren't new; this is just the most recent use of them. We've had them since Viet Nam where they were used for much psychological effect and we used derivations of them as bunker busters in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Here's footage of our BLU-96. Check out the pressure waves' effect on that structure!

In other words, the sudden outrage over Russia's HORRIFYING use of these weapons is duplicitous

dicknixon72

Pelican
^
As I've said before, this is a huge cash-for-clunkers program for second-tier European nations to divest themselves of outdated Soviet era junk from the 60s that is increasingly difficult to maintain and receive at little to no up front cost modern German/British/American equipment. Genius.

I'm not sure how military procurement works in modern day Russia, but if its anything like the West, their MOD would be stupid to also not take advantage of this. We absolutely need SU-57s, Khibiny pods, Uprated 72s, Terminators and we need them today!