Military spotted on the streets

Annnd... we're done.

I always said the day the put boots on the streets would be the day I left.

(I've already left, but for sure never going back)
Thats not threatening at all. All UK planning for exceptional circumstances (loss of power grid, pandemic, asteroids, major airplane crash, whatever) uses armed forces to supplement local authority.

Thats because local authorites are so undermanned they have trouble carrying out their normal duties that they cant deal with anything exceptional.

I mean, lets say they find an unexploded WW2 bomb somewhere, and Army EOD turn out to defuse it, is that a sign of military authority being enforced on the populace, of course not.

When the Special Recon Regiment tail suspected terrorists around London, thats not a sign either, is it?

When the army covers for striking fire fighters and rescues old ladies from burning buildings, that isnt a sign either.

But if you see armed soldiers patrolling with police, then you are heading that way (although it may just be because you have a lot of muslims living in your country).

Things are not black and white, the world is somewhat nuanced. Overreacting is as bad as not reacting enough.

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
Maybe...

But I call codshit on all that.

When the 'MP' are putting their helmets on and wading into the crowds at Trafalger Square and striking citizens... FOR NO REASON AT ALL...

And they're deploying army to do door to door testing... things are way off.

I guess you need to be at a distance to see it, but good luck Shittain...

This has been coming for years.

Maybe...

But I call codshit on all that.

When the 'MP' are putting their helmets on and wading into the crowds at Trafalger Square and striking citizens... FOR NO REASON AT ALL...

And they're deploying army to do door to door testing... things are way off.

I guess you need to be at a distance to see it, but good luck Shittain...

This has been coming for years.
I have read the Ministry of Defence plans for a authoritarian government using the Armed Forces against the citizenry when the Queen dissolves the government and the government refuses to relinquish power. It doesnt go well for the politicians. Its on the interwebs somewhere, as are other plans. They plan for anything and everything, war with america, alien invasion, etc..

Apparently the Blair government were shown a copy of the plan when the new head of the armed forces they had just installed went to the press and said the government was criminal for not providing the equipment that troops needed to fight in the middle east. The politicians didnt take that well and said they would sack him. There was an unoffical poll of the military taken on the largest unoffical military forum. The papers published it, and the Blair government backed down.