Milo Yiannopoulos Thread

Peacock
Gold Member
puckerman said:
You have to remember where the publishing establishment comes from. These are people who have bachelor's degrees and more from elite schools--Harvard, Bennington, Williams, etc. Most of them are on the lunatic fringe of the left. A lot of them are also women. Of course, each one will hire a token conservative or two. And they will be more middle than conservative.

I don't expect any of them to understand Milo.

This publishing house is token conservatism, they publish empty shell 00s AM talk radio conservative shills like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.

To a certain extent, Milo is also a token conservative, because while his opinions aren't 100% kosher, his degenerate persona is an embodiment of cultural marxism.

Roardog

Pelican
I have never been involved in publishing but I am surprised an editor would write comments in such a style. They are written very personally and not in a professional way.
I am sure many first drafts of manuscripts are terrible so the substance of the comments aren't surprising. However if i was an author I'd be offended at the judgmental and demeaning tone used in many of the comments. They come across as very personally critical rather than professional critique of the work.

All that being said though, I did buy and read Milo's book and I can't say it's terribly good. I hope his next one is better.
I saw it described as "at best, a superficial work full of incendiary jokes with no coherent or sophisticated analysis of political issues" and to be honest, that's quite an apt description.

Actually, despite liking Milo’s attitude toward the establishment, his book is fucking terrible & I couldn’t get thru more than a chapter & a half before I was saying to myself everything it turns out his editor was too.

It’s fucking terrible, self aggrandising rubbish & even more gratuitous than the shit he spouts off in public.

I can very much imagine that his book is bad. It seems to have been written while he was riding the wave of his rising popularity at full speed late 2016/1st half of 2017 and was overstretching the "depraved gay" shtick more and more. For a while it seemed as even he himself didn't understand what people liked him for. Unlike what he claims, it's definitely not primarily for the offensive and crude anti-liberal jokes coupled with flamboyant gay shit. That may get you laughs from college-aged millennials but not real recognition. People liked him because when it mattered, he was (and still is) a very competent speaker and debater and did best when he combined that with easy charm and a light touch of "BTW I'm gay" that didn't cross the line to full on self-referential fag theatrics. His appearance on Maher was his low point. Awful and cringeworthy.

Then the whole scandal, cancelled book deal etc seemingly brought him back to earth for a while, but it's still hard to say whether he learned from it. He did have some good interviews recently, but he also said he's writing a book about the Hollywood sex scandals now which just seems like another attempt at cashing in on public sentiment.

Roardog

Pelican
I think it's hard for someone with this style to accurately translate that into a book and I don't think it's a style that really works for a book.
For his books at least he should concentrate on the substance of his viewpoints and put forward his logical arguments but in a way that is lighter, interesting and accessible for the sub-35 audience which is his main fan base.

ElFlaco

Kingfisher
Gold Member
atlant said:
People liked him because when it mattered, he was (and still is) a very competent speaker and debater

That's a good way to put it. Competent, although it's a bit like a chess master (not a grandmaster) playing against an amateur. He would not do so well against serious competition. Milo is good at what he does, but he's a lightweight, just like Michael Moore on the other side.

Irenicus

Pelican
Gold Member
That name sounded familiar from the Gamer Gate trenches. Check this out:

ournalist. Formerly at Heat Street. Also seen on The Daily Caller, The Escapist, and The Sun. Apostate from the cult of social justice.

The best anti soycial justice warriors are in many cases...former soycial justice warriors.

By the way, I just got Milo's book...I will post my thoughts when I have time.

Roardog

Pelican
ElFlaco said:
atlant said:
People liked him because when it mattered, he was (and still is) a very competent speaker and debater

That's a good way to put it. Competent, although it's a bit like a chess master (not a grandmaster) playing against an amateur. He would not do so well against serious competition. Milo is good at what he does, but he's a lightweight, just like Michael Moore on the other side.

True but he leaves those debates to the boring old conservatives. His fan base is the younger conservative crowd who want their arguments presented in an entertaining way, not like some dry college professor.

Roardog

Pelican
Milo drops his lawsuit against Simon & Schuster after reviewing the documents disclosed to him after he started representing himself.

He says it's because it would have been too hard to prove damage due to the "millions" he has made off the book after he self published. As well as wasting 2 years of his life.

Link to article

Milo's Statement

Milo is trying to spin it as a victory but to me it looks like he realised he didn't have a case and so dropped it.
Or he always knew he didn't have much of a case but knew it would be good publicity.

Considering the case was dismissed "with prejudice", does that mean he is liable for Simon and Schuster's legal fees?

When a lawsuit is dismissed with prejudice, the court is saying that it has made a final determination on the merits of the case, and that the plaintiff is therefore forbidden from filing another lawsuit based on the same grounds. Basically, it means Milo isn't going back to court over this same matter. The dismissal may or may not have included legal fees.

Roardog

Pelican
Slim Shady said:
Milo is supposed to be in Phx this Friday. Debating weather my friend and I should go see him or not.

I think it would be worth attending. Video's I have seen online of his shows are entertaining and attending is giving the finger to SJW's.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Just a happy Monday greeting from the tolerant left.

I was just shoved and screamed at by a big group in a pub in Manhattan and forced out of the place. One of them was a reporter for Gizmodo. They were screaming at the top of their lungs about “Nazis” and “KKK”. Initially I was going to stay put obviously but they blocked me from my table and my bag and yelled at me to leave and it was about to escalate into something ugly. It rattled me a little bit (just slightly!), perhaps because I have something to lose in life now. My first thought was John and not getting myself hurt or killed. I don’t know how I’d explain to my black husband that I got hurt for being a “white supremacist”. I didn’t have security with me so I had to just get out of there. I won’t name the place we were at because the staff were really understanding and cool about it. But jeez. It’s now impossible for me to safely go out for lunch in most major cities in America because I supported Trump at the last election and don’t like feminism.

Milo's Instagram Account of Incident

I think this was a Star Trek episode.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
His newest sponsor has died of a drug overdose, forcing him to contract his business.

According to the sources, Yiannopoulos had been expecting to instead receive significant financial backing from the banking heir and cryptocurrency billionaire Matthew Mellon. But those hopes were dashed with Mellon’s unexpected death from an apparent drug overdose on April 16.

On Monday, Yiannopoulos posted a photo on Instagram of himself with Mellon. “I spent a few days and nights in Miami and LA with the incredible human being Matthew Mellon, the last of them just a day before he passed,” Yiannopoulos wrote in the caption. “He was brilliant, infectious and warm-hearted and I will never forget getting to know this remarkable person. Rest in peace now, MM. You left a giant stamp on the world.”

With Mellon’s unexpected death, Yiannopoulos could no longer afford the staff of Milo Entertainment.

“He fired everybody,” said one person familiar with Yiannopoulos’ operation, which had employed a handful of full-time and part-time staffers

https://www.politico.com/story/2018...odes-after-death-of-crypto-billionaire-557456