Milo Yiannopoulos Thread

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Why some negative comments about this dude? Let's pay some help to a struggling sinner as we all are. If he has decided to get onto the right path and go that path step by step he should get encouragement, not slander and negativity. We all have a past, let's help each other if we are internally motivated to do so. Imagine the depth he comes from and compare it with yourself... a bit of empathy would be on its place.

Why some negative comments about this dude? Let's pay some help to a struggling sinner as we all are. If he has decided to get onto the right path and go that path step by step he should get encouragement, not slander and negativity. We all have a past, let's help each other if we are internally motivated to do so. Imagine the depth he comes from and compare it with yourself... a bit of empathy would be on its place.
I can't put like to your post because I have insufficient privileges here, but you are right. His situation is enough of a trial as it is, but it is made all the more challenging by his being a public figure. I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of scrutiny.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I can't put like to your post because I have insufficient privileges here, but you are right. His situation is enough of a trial as it is, but it is made all the more challenging by his being a public figure. I wouldn't be able to handle that kind of scrutiny.
Yeah I commented that on the stream too, that they are on camera chronicling their journey. If I would've been on camera on my journey in the last year or even 5-8 year I would've seemed like the biggest weirdo ever. For if you get on this path your whole reality gets swept away. Your thoughts change from week to week, from day to day, from hour to hour, and you get in a sort of a trance as you go deeper into the rabbit hole. Now I'm pretty stable but it was quite a journey. Give Milo some time to figure it all out and see where he stands in a year, without judging where he is now. He's moving in the right direction and that's what count, support him.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Having reassessed Milo again I concluded that he's not an inherently bad person, he's simply in a very weak state, most of it is due to his mental problem. He will struggle enormously but there is hope for him. I think we should pray for him, he really needs it.
Yeah, I was initially annoyed by his performance in the interview, but many of us would react similarly when broached with these questions.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
E6g-CDbVgAE05TC

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
Milo just wrote this long piece for Church Militant.

Why Are Orthodox Christians So Grumpy?​

Speaking of annoying Greeks, I've been hanging out with a lot of Orthodox Christians recently. Until I made friends with "Orthobros," which is what the internet calls overly argumentative young male converts to that strand of the Faith, I didn't realize there were people who might actually benefit from smile therapy. Some of these guys really need to lighten up.

Don't pretend you don't know what I mean. I can't be the only one who's observed a friend converting to Orthodox Christianity and noticed them instantly, literally overnight, losing their sense of humor. This latest generation of Orthodox brothers is skidding straight past the usual giddiness and fervor of the fresh convert and lapsing instead into snobbishness, stubbornness, antisocial habits, fractiousness and general party-poopery. It's all part of some weird retreat into angry, ascetic mock-monasticism. And they take it with them everywhere they go, leaving the impression that in order to be an Orthodox Christian, you need some kind of developmental disorder.

02Hero

Pigeon
Most gay men I have observed online and offline do have some type of narcissism. There is something off about them. It could be trauma or something else. Who knows. I would never put a guy like this on a throne or even care about what he says. Attention is the coin in the female realm but also in the gay realm it seems. No wonder because gays exhibit a lot of feminine traits. Thus every action is calculated through the lens of getting as much attention as possible.

E.g. Jack Donovan: https://www.instagram.com/starttheworld/

Red pillers love him - I never understood that. Just visit his instagram. It is gay as hell. If your radars don't go off on that, well I do not know what to say. Narcissism.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

What we see I think is a lot of people coming to the last stage of truth finding that all society was a scam, including the pursuit of happiness/pleasure. Peace is what becomes more of your go to state and you detach yourself from the world as it is so evil and does not bring anything lasting.

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox

Milo has a point; many of us come into Orthodoxy and immediately adopt a 'holier than thou' attitude, myself included. This leads us to become humourless and prideful. Some of our greatest saints had wonderful senses of humour, including St. Paisios and St. Seraphim of Sarov.

However, Milo's humour is ribald and vulgar, and if his Orthodox friends eschew these aspects, then that is good.

Ciudad de Dios

Pigeon
Orthodox Catechumen
Milo is right. I have noticed it too.

“In the East, people are often devoid of any sense of humor; therefore they are often pompous, proud, prone to dramatize. I am always sad when meeting people without humor, often tense, easily offended. If we have to ‘be like children,’ it is impossible to do so without laughter. But laughter fell and can also be demonic. In dealing with ‘idols,’ however, laughter is salutary, since it allows us to see them in perspective.” — Fr. Alexander Schmemann, The Journals of Alexander Schmemann, 1973–1983, trans. Juliana Schmemann (Crestwood, NY: St Vladimir’s Seminary Press, 2000), 18.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I had to ditch almost everything about my sense of humor when I converted because it was very dark, vulgar, and oftentimes blasphemous. Someone who didn't know what was going on with me could feasibly think I just turned into an angry Orthobro. Really I had to stop to think before I said anything because my brain was wired a completely different way than how it was supposed to be. Took me a long time to figure out how to be humorous again without being vulgar. Someone like Milo with a ridiculously high verbal IQ (I presume) can probably make that transition more easily.

Milo has a point; many of us come into Orthodoxy and immediately adopt a 'holier than thou' attitude, myself included. This leads us to become humourless and prideful. Some of our greatest saints had wonderful senses of humour, including St. Paisios and St. Seraphim of Sarov.

However, Milo's humour is ribald and vulgar, and if his Orthodox friends eschew these aspects, then that is good.
I believe Rachel Fulton calls Milo a 'holy fool' , character doesn't change over night - I am sure we all look back on ourselves and see things even from a year ago that we are ashamed of.

He is also slowly beginning to realize a lot of his behavior was 'anxiety'...

but last of all Milo has used humor in the past better than anyone to expose the self -righteous he almost had a sixth sense for it which is why so many sour faced feminists wanted him banned from discussions, he was not the gay guy they were expecting.

I had to ditch almost everything about my sense of humor when I converted because it was very dark, vulgar, and oftentimes blasphemous.
I agree that a lot of humor was negative, cruel, I realized a lot of mine was demeaning myself in an unhealthy way.

There is 'good' humor though the grim faced Spartan's response when someone said there were so many persian archers their arrows will darken the sky "Good, then we will fight in the shade".

NickK

Woodpecker
Orthodox
There is 'good' humor though the grim faced Spartan's response when someone said there were so many persian archers their arrows will darken the sky "Good, then we will fight in the shade".
Yes, the Spartans had humor. Especially their Laconic way of saying as few words as possible to convey meaning is funny to me.

When General Lysander finally conquered Athens in 404 B.C. his message to the Spartan Assembly was: "I conquered Athens".
The reply was: "I conquered was enough".