Misdirected Maternal Instincts

kel

Pelican
I saw these "mamalorians" a while ago. So disturbing, so dystopian. Hideous, hideous world.

The whole "furbaby" thing is along these lines. Animals do, at least, have little personalities and if it's a dog you at least get some exercise, but the verbiage of "furbaby" - like, dear god, do you not see how disturbing that is?

kel

Pelican
This baby yoda thing was incredibly successful and is part of a very popular media property, but there are other, smaller examples, too, like the Planters peanut baby superbowl ad. Woke capital is targeting millennial women's ticking clock and powdering eggs, selling them products and getting clicks from them instead.

kel

Pelican
Yeah, but they're going to become (read: continue being) hectoring hall monitors for the next 5 decades or so before they die. With nothing rooting them anywhere, no emotional or social transcendent meaning, nothing to really care for, they get unglued and become bureaucrats and nagging HR ladies who spend their days coming up with policies about which hand men should use when shaking their dick off at the urinal. We're going to have to deal with that, support it financially, and watch society continue to be oriented around such Beckies.

I saw these "mamalorians" a while ago. So disturbing, so dystopian. Hideous, hideous world.

The whole "furbaby" thing is along these lines. Animals do, at least, have little personalities and if it's a dog you at least get some exercise, but the verbiage of "furbaby" - like, dear god, do you not see how disturbing that is?
The benefit of raising a creature without a rational soul is that it can never grow up to use its intellect to discern right from wrong apart from the owner's desires.

kel

Pelican
Yeah, people like pets because they're human-enough to fulfill a sort of social/emotional need, to get that feedback, but you can still project your entire world view on the creature, have it's little voice in your head repeating all that back to you, etc.

Pets are going to be a huge moneymaker in the future. They already are, but there will be lots of millennials and more who have nothing in their life but furbabies, social media, and disposable income. It's sad, but I'd like to find a way to make some of that money.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Did the dogs thread get toasted in the forum transition? There was quite a bit of discussion about women using dogs as surrogate children in there. I know there are other examples, but that's the most egregious.

bmw633

Robin
Yeah, people like pets because they're human-enough to fulfill a sort of social/emotional need, to get that feedback, but you can still project your entire world view on the creature, have it's little voice in your head repeating all that back to you, etc.

Pets are going to be a huge moneymaker in the future. They already are, but there will be lots of millennials and more who have nothing in their life but furbabies, social media, and disposable income. It's sad, but I'd like to find a way to make some of that money.
And, animals don't talk back, nag, or complain. Many women do not want a reciprocal relationship, with give and take. Animals are a poor substitute for a real relationship.

Had an ex-wife who treated my dogs better than she treated me. Weird that I became jealous of my own dogs. Was tempted to give them away just to spite her.

I personally hate the term "fur baby." To me it reeks of neurotic human beings, who usually do not have children of their own, and so the cat or dog is an unhealthy substitute. When people use the term, my skin crawls!

As biotech advances, corporations that offer anti-aging treatments for pets will make a fortune! People will get to keep that much beloved animal by their side, for decades longer than normal.

JiggyLordJr

Kingfisher
She was a YouTuber and actress. I'm not posting this to be cruel, but it's important to see so to help others. She posted this about a month before her suicide. May she rest in peace.

View attachment 27020

A strong man in her life would have likely prevented this, alas, she chose a dog instead.

I personally hate the term "fur baby." To me it reeks of neurotic human beings, who usually do not have children of their own, and so the cat or dog is an unhealthy substitute. When people use the term, my skin crawls!

As biotech advances, corporations that offer anti-aging treatments for pets will make a fortune! People will get to keep that much beloved animal by their side, for decades longer than normal.
I'm the same. It's beyond weird. I know this 34 year old Asian woman. She's young looking, thin, keeps in shape, really cute. She is married but has no kids yet. She has this huge German Shepherd that she refers to a a "fur baby". I'm thinking, "Your dog is a fraking beast. It's not a poodle or a Siamese cat. It's not a fur baby". It just sounds weird. It just seems strange that she no kids at her age.