Model accuses Harvey Weinstein of "molesting" her

@Rob Banks

Marital rape is a thing. Even though it is actually impossible. If the woman is physically hurt it would be assault.

But our current laws don't work like this.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
911 said:
You guys are throwing the baby with the bathwater here, sure false accusations are a thing, but it doesn't mean that real rapists like him should walk. The odds of him being guilty of rape are way above 99.9%.

I don't feel sorry for either side of this 'drama'.

The chicks in question chased fantasy & supposed 'glamour'. Never stopped to realize Hellywood is not about either of those things in reality.
All the while, no one held a gun to their heads & there was nothing preventing them from going back to Idaho or Ohio & living a normal life as a dentist, florist, nurse or secretary.

While on the other hand. I don't mind at all that a former member of 'The Big Club' may well be thrown in jail.

CynicalContrarian

Owl
Gold Member
Voxday :

Weinstein guilty

Now we'll have to see what sort of wrist slap the judge attempts to give the evil creature instead of the 29-year maximum sentence possible.
But these guilty verdicts should open the door to more Hollywood trials, so that's a good thing.

Harvey Weinstein has been found guilty of third degree rape and a criminal sexual act in his high profile New York trial.

The disgraced Hollywood producer was convicted by a jury of sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006 and raping aspiring actress Jessica Mann in 2013.

He was found not guilty of the two most serious counts of predatory sexual assault and also first degree rape in relation to Mann.

And one needn't feel sorry for the quasi-hookers who are obviously more than willing to trade access to their bodies for roles to understand that it is necessary to shut down the Hollywood sin factory.

Hollywood finds itself on trial as well. The New York case exposed systemic harassment within parts of the industry — so much so that some people declined to be named in this piece, or even speak to me about the topic, for fear of retribution. Some who I reached out to implied that they had stories of ongoing harassment, but could not go any further than that and were unwilling to go on the record.

It is good when the wicked live in fear of judgment.

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2020/02/weinstein-guilty.html

Rob Banks

Pelican
infowarrior1 said:
@Rob Banks

Marital rape is a thing. Even though it is actually impossible. If the woman is physically hurt it would be assault.

Yes, I am aware that "marital rape" (notice the quote marks) laws exist.

My point is that you're kind of a naive idiot if you marry a woman who would use these laws against you.

What if armed robbery was legal? What if your best friend decided to rob you at gunpoint? Would you blame the laws, or would you blame yourself for having a "best friend" who was willing to do this to you?

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
Rob Banks said:
infowarrior1 said:
@Rob Banks

My point is that you're kind of a naive idiot if you marry a woman who would use these laws against you.

What if armed robbery was legal? What if your best friend decided to rob you at gunpoint? Would you blame the laws, or would you blame yourself for having a "best friend" who was willing to do this to you?

I'm not active in a sexual relationship with my best friend ...?

Not saying you're right or wrong or am i taking a side, but the dynamic and analogy are different because of the sexes.

911 said:
The difference between Weinstein and the average schmuck who gets blackballed is that Weinstein's victimsis list of accusers is literally 100 deep, and he hired Mosad thugs to intimidate and threaten many of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein_sexual_abuse_cases#Accusers

Some of these women did fully consent to the casting couch, but many if not most were coerced, then discouraged from complaining due to the power differential on one hand and their career prospects on the other, he used both the carrot and the stick.

You guys are throwing the baby with the bathwater here, sure false accusations are a thing, but it doesn't mean that real rapists like him should walk. The odds of him being guilty of rape are way above 99.9%.

People here aren't looking for Odds of guilt, but rather Evidence of guilt.

Rob Banks

Pelican
pitbullowner said:
Rob Banks said:

I'm not active in a sexual relationship with my best friend ...?

Not saying you're right or wrong or am i taking a side, but the dynamic and analogy are different because of the sexes.

So you're saying that because you're in an active sexual relationship with your wife, that means the two of you should have less trust for each other?

It seems to me it should be the opposite.

If you are trusting this woman to be the mother of your children, how is it that you can't trust her to not have you thrown in jail as a rapist?

It seems to me that if you are in an active sexual relationship with someone, then being able to trust them is very important (more so than if the person were just a platonic friend). The fact that this isn't obvious speaks volumes about the current state of our culture.

BURNΞR

Pelican
Leftist outlets keep harping on about Weinstein coercing the women into doing sexual favors because he had such a power differential over them such that he could destroy their careers and make them unemployable in Hollywood. How can that be? It's not like Jews own and control Hollywood or something. That's an anti-Semitic canard!

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Rob Banks said:
infowarrior1 said:
@Rob Banks

The naive idiot is the man that doesn't believe many many men, smarter than you or I, have been duped by women they thought trustworthy

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
griffinmill said:
If Weinstein can't bang chicks because of a "power deferential" where does that leave DiCaprio?

His women dont leave the relationship with DiCaprio feeling dirty and disgusted with themselves.

No regrets = no rape

PapayaTapper said:
griffinmill said:
If Weinstein can't bang chicks because of a "power deferential" where does that leave DiCaprio?

His women dont leave the relationship with DiCaprio feeling dirty and disgusted with themselves.

No regrets = no rape

Brown beta male Aiz Ansari goes for an awkward one night stand and nearly loses his career. DiCaprio has been dicking and flipping young, naive models for well over 20 years, yet almost nothing is said of his clear history of toxic masculinity and rape culture. I guarantee you Kobe’s infamous rape incident is repeated every night in every NBA city in the country, the difference being, despite a sore pussy and being prompty tossed out their ass, 99% of women leave with a smile on their face and a dopamine high from the validation of being a top .00001% man’s sperm dump for the evening.

Peacock
Gold Member
PapayaTapper said:
Rob Banks said:
infowarrior1 said:
@Rob Banks

The naive idiot is the man that doesn't believe many many men, smarter than you or I, have been duped by women they thought trustworthy

For every man who's been "duped", there are over 10 who are in a pretty decent marital situation as heads of their families.

There are also those that are getting duped into not even trying anymore, all the various shades of MGTOW, guys who are married to their bank accounts and too weary to trust any woman. These guys are eventually going to have to trust a strange woman making $15/hr to change their diapers in the last years of their lives...

Rob Banks

Pelican
911 said:
The difference between Weinstein and the average schmuck who gets blackballed is that Weinstein's victimsis list of accusers is literally 100 deep, and he hired Mosad thugs to intimidate and threaten many of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Weinstein_sexual_abuse_cases#Accusers

Some of these women did fully consent to the casting couch, but many if not most were coerced, then discouraged from complaining due to the power differential on one hand and their career prospects on the other, he used both the carrot and the stick.

The odds of him being guilty of rape are above 99.9%?

So you believe he literally grabbed these women and violently forced them to have sex while they were kicking and screaming and trying to get away? Because that's what "rape" means.

"Discouraged from complaining because they are afraid to lose their careers" ≠ rape.

If your sister or daughter had a boss who threatened to fire her and ruin her career unless she had sex with him, would you advise her to do it or would you tell her to just quit the job?

What if the boss actually had the power to ruin her career? What if your sister or daughter's options were to either have sex with her boss or to accept that her career was ruined? Would you then advise her to have sex with her boss, or would you tell her "your career is not worth sacrificing your dignity"?

Peacock
Gold Member
In a civilized country, the brother of father of these women molested by Weinstein would make him pay, severely so, and not monetarily.

That hasn't been a part of American culture for many decades though, a culture reshaped by extreme individualism, feminism and celebrity culture worship. This culture has enabled Weinstein to have a casting couch harem of hundreds of starlets he can game or overpower with impunity, up to now.

CaptainS

Hummingbird
911 said:
In a civilized country, the brother of father of these women molested by Weinstein would make him pay, severely so, and not monetarily.

That hasn't been a part of American culture for many decades though, a culture reshaped by extreme individualism, feminism and celebrity culture worship. This culture has enabled Weinstein to have a casting couch harem of hundreds of starlets he can game or overpower with impunity, up to now.

In a civilized society, the brother or father of these women wouldn't let them prostitute themselves for fame and money.

dicknixon72

Pelican
911 said:

+1

The traditional solution would've been a physical visit by a masculine figure in said woman's life.