Modern Psychiatry Is Demonic

vstk

Sparrow
Catholic
I concur with what has been said about SSRIs. They are literally the devil. I had them prescribed to me as a teenager, when my brain wasn't fully developed. I was not severely depressed / suicidal. I was mostly dealing with strong headaches due to major stress.
I managed to get rid of them after a decade and I can confidently that say trusting doctors was the worst mistake I ever made. I feel intense anger when I think about these kids who were even younger than I was when they were drugged up.
For 6 months after tapering off, it was so horrible that I was convinced I would die. I physically aged 5 years at least. I was incapacitated, could not work. My heart rhythm was so messed up I was just hoping a heart attack would end it.

I still have symptoms of nerve damage. I believe my brain and nervous system have been permanently altered / damaged.

STG

Woodpecker
In my early 20's I had symptoms of depression, brain fog, and emotional instability. My doctor put me on an SSRI. It was the worst experience I ever had. I eventually tapered and got off of it and years later came to find out my symptoms were from a thyroid problem and all my symptoms went away by taking thyroid hormone.

Modern medicine is too quick to write a prescription and try to fix the symptoms instead of looking at the body as a whole and finding the source of the problem.

vstk

Sparrow
Catholic
Akathisia :
Tranquilizers, antipsychotics and antidepressants can do that to you. It can last for years. Or rather until you can’t take it anymore.

SSRI use by pregnant women in industrialized countries ranges between 2-7% in Canada and Western European countries, and between 5-13% in Australia and the USA. Prenatal SSRI exposure is linked to increased risk for mood disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and altered reproductive behavior in offspring. (Source)

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
Akathisia :
Tranquilizers, antipsychotics and antidepressants can do that to you. It can last for years. Or rather until you can’t take it anymore.

SSRI use by pregnant women in industrialized countries ranges between 2-7% in Canada and Western European countries, and between 5-13% in Australia and the USA. Prenatal SSRI exposure is linked to increased risk for mood disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and altered reproductive behavior in offspring. (Source)

The story of the woman in the video is very sad:
Christine Anne Narloch passed away on June 16, 2017 at the age of 48 after a long struggle with benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome that ended in suicide. Her husband, Mike, describes her as “an intelligent woman who loved life. She was a joyful and happy person with an infectious smile. Everyone who met her loved her.” She was a woman of faith and active in her church. In an email a few months prior to her death, she wrote, “I’ve been happily married almost 23 years and loved being a housewife and serving in my local church. I have family, a lot of friends, and enjoyed people. I loved to smile, I loved to sing, I loved to read, I loved to help people, I loved to take care of my husband and my home, and I loved so many other things. But my life has now changed beyond human comprehension.”

How does such a happy, loved, and fulfilled person end up committing suicide? In April of 2015, she was prescribed 1mg of Ativan (lorazepam) that she took 3 times daily for symptoms of anxiety and tremor resulting from hyperthyroidism. She was not given informed consent at the time of prescription that the drug could cause physical dependence and/or severe side effects or that it was not intended for long-term use. Initially, Ativan helped the symptoms for which it was prescribed, but after 2 months of taking it as prescribed, Christine developed a new cluster of symptoms. Her husband recalls she was not acting like herself and wondered if these new symptoms could be a result of the drug. Christine noted she was “now in tears most of the time and experiencing the inability to sleep and think properly, losing weight, having episodes of horrible fear and terror, burning nerves, episodes of severe pain, and thoughts of suicide.”

She became unable to drive or care for her husband or her home. She visited multiple physicians who could not diagnose the cause of her symptoms. Ultimately, she had her thyroid removed in July 2015 at the recommendation of a panel of doctors. They simply had no idea what else to do. The surgeon who performed the procedure told Mike that he didn’t think the thyroid was the cause of her symptoms, but he still reluctantly agreed to do the procedure at the urging of her other doctors.

After the surgery, Christine’s condition continued to deteriorate. She became increasingly suicidal. Knowing her life was at risk, she admitted herself to the hospital under the care of a psychiatrist, hoping that she would be helped. She was promptly diagnosed with a “nervous breakdown,” generalized anxiety disorder, and fibromyalgia. The psychiatrist made the decision to stop the Ativan abruptly, assuring the Narlochs that this was safe. What ensued during that hospital stay was not any sort of relief, but instead a rapid onset of mental and physical torture that Christine would endure for the next 21 months.

Within a day of stopping Ativan, she had severe skin burning from head to toe. The next day, bright lights appeared before her eyes, combined with the feeling that her head was exploding, followed by a loss of consciousness for 30 minutes. When she awoke, she could barely walk for the next several hours and her pleas for help were ignored by the nursing staff. She was released after 6 days in the hospital on a cocktail of risperidone, gabapentin, and hydroxyzine, while still suffering horrific symptoms. Two days after discharge, she sought help again in the emergency room where the ER doctor diagnosed her symptoms as ‘benzodiazepine withdrawal’, noting in her chart that she had not been tapered from the drug.

For the next 21 months, Christine continued to suffer. One of Christine’s most severe symptoms was akathisia, a state of inner restlessness with outer movement that compelled her to pace the house for hours on end. Mike was extremely supportive and understanding of her situation and he did all he could to help her. As a caregiver, it was difficult for him to feel so helpless, knowing that nothing could be done to make it better. Everyday he saw her forehead scrunch up as a wave of painful symptoms began. She would break out in a sweat, tremble, and cry. He remembers thinking how lonely and trapped she looked.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Psychiatry and psychology are fields with a wealth of information. Yet there is now seemingly more mental illness than at any time in history. If you summarised the information from the fields the recommendation is to live along the lines of traditional families. Psychiatry and psychology are colossal failures, from the perspective of solving issues; but very effective at creating a class of over-paid pill-pushers lining the pockets of drug manufacturers.

You can say much the same for health.

Today I watched a video about how policing in Britain was morphed from a local enterprise that sought to prevent crime to treating criminals as victims of poverty and inequality. I feel these are all strings of the same bow. The claim that people are only criminals because they are poor is wholly 100% materialist; ignoring that almost all people in history were much poorer but not criminals. The same with psychiatry. You are only unbalanced because of neurochemistry etc.

Mental health is mental.

frankunderwood

Pigeon
Protestant
I believe one of the root causes for the anxiety a lot of people experience is the cup of coffee or other caffeinated beverages they drink heavily throughout the day. Cutting this habit does not rid life of its stressors but it does help how they are handled.
Consuming caffine for the stimulating effect is fine if it is done sparringly. However, most people become reliant on it and while it keeps you alert the fatiuge builds up over time. You become chronically exhaused operating on fake energy extracted from your body by force. Of course this leads to anxiety, how could it not?

Before I quit coffiee I drank about 2 liters of black coffiee a day. It gradually increased as my tolerance built up, because I started using it to get trough my night shift. I was dependent on coffiee to have the energy to do anything at all, but I never felt rested and my sleep was very poor. That's why I decided to quit. For the first 5 days I was like zombie, no energy or will to do anything. My sleep got even worse then, one night I was not able to sleep at all. Luckily it got better after the fifth day and at ten days after quitting I could function again. I'd say it took me about two weeks for my energy levels to come back to normal and three weeks to get my sleep back.

Since coffiee addiction messed me up so much I can't imagine how much SSRIs or other drugs like that messes up the people who use them. I don't think they are useless, much like caffine can be useful in some rare situations. The problem is that in our modern society we treat symptoms with drugs and ignore the root cause. You're tierd, have some coffiee. You're depressed, have a pill. You got diabetes, have some insulin. You're obese, get a gastric bypass operation. This makes companies and doctors lots of money and it serves the evil people who want to control and destroy us. It's very unfortionate that this twisted incetive structure exists.

Last edited:

inthefade

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Consuming caffine for the stimulating effect is fine if it is done sparringly. However, most people become reliant on it and while it keeps you alert the fatiuge builds up over time. You become chronically exhaused operating on fake energy extracted from your body by force. Of course this leads to anxiety, how could it not?

Before I quit coffiee I drank about 2 liters of black coffiee a day. It gradually increased as my tolerance built up, because I started using it to get trough my night shift. I was dependent on coffiee to have the energy to do anything at all, but I never felt rested and my sleep was very poor. That's why I decided to quit. For the first 5 days I was like zombie, no energy or will to do anything. My sleep got even worse then, one night I was not able to sleep at all. Luckily it got better after the fifth day and at ten days after quitting I could function again. I'd say it took me about two weeks for my energy levels to come back to normal and three weeks to get my sleep back.

Since coffiee addiction messed me up so much I can't imagine how much SSRIs or other drugs like that messes up the people who use them. I don't think they are useless, much like caffine can be useful in some rare situations. The problem is that in our modern society we treat symptoms with drugs and ignore the root cause. You're tierd, have some coffiee. You're depressed, have a pill. You got diabetes, have some insulin. You're obese, get a gastric bypass operation. This makes companies and doctors lots of money and it serves the evil people who want to control and destroy us. It's very unfortionate that this twisted incetive structure exists.

I'm down to 2 double espressos on weekdays and 3 on the weekend. Did you taper off or cold turkey?

Going strong

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I concur with what has been said about SSRIs. They are literally the devil. I had them prescribed to me as a teenager, when my brain wasn't fully developed. I was not severely depressed / suicidal. I was mostly dealing with strong headaches due to major stress.
I managed to get rid of them after a decade and I can confidently that say trusting doctors was the worst mistake I ever made. I feel intense anger when I think about these kids who were even younger than I was when they were drugged up.
For 6 months after tapering off, it was so horrible that I was convinced I would die. I physically aged 5 years at least. I was incapacitated, could not work. My heart rhythm was so messed up I was just hoping a heart attack would end it.

I still have symptoms of nerve damage. I believe my brain and nervous system have been permanently altered / damaged.
Quoting your post: "I had them prescribed to me as a teenager"

Can you explain a little bit more, about who gave the order to fill you with strange drugs, and, how old where you at the time?

Did your parents send you to see the shrink, and did they have to agree (in written?) with his foolish drug-prescription sentence?

Or were you allowed to go see the shrink on your own volition, as a minor, with no involvement from your parents?

I'm trying to understand the process through which a teen, a minor, could be made to take these evil mind-messing drugs? Are the parents involved, by law? And if so, how can they agree to fry the mind of their own beloved child with powerful strange drugs?

It reminds me of the bad parents who give hormone blockers to their hapless children, the whole process reeks of illegality.

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
It is nice to have your voice back within the online realm Roosh.

Brutal, but truth everyone should hear:

Psychiatrists are the mad scientists of our times, which is a slight compliment to them because at least they are not the butchers of our times like those performing abortions or transgender surgeries as heralded by Johns Hopkins University, but both sets of doctors, the doctor of medicine who damages the brain and the doctor of surgery who mutilates the body, need each other to achieve Satan’s will, because the women who commit abortions and the men who chop off their penises need the psychiatrist to alleviate the inevitable pain that results from the hands of Satan’s butcher, not just the mental and emotional pain but the pain of a soul crying out in need of God.

Abortions and transgender transition methods desecrate the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19-20), and offend God.
Our Creator does not make mistakes.

How can a woman, who is chemically numbed in the brain, have the discernment to pick a husband? I have been told by a therapist that for many people who go on psychiatric drugs, at the time of their first dose they halt the process of maturation. Instead of being able to recognize threats and traps like normal people, they simply avoid them while in a comfortable medical stupor, and so there goes the maturity needed to have a relationship that leads to marriage.

She can not.

This would make sense, as well as, when an individual experiences trauma.

Trauma can cause disturbances to neurological development. Now take a trauma experience and the psychiatric “therapy” of drugs induced onto the body, mind, and spirit.

If trauma disturbs neurological development how do psychiatric drugs benefit the healing process without contributing to adverse effects? Are there not natural therapies that could contribute to healing without adverse effects?

Psychiatry is pseudoscience by the Therapeutic State. If one were to review the history of psychiatry it would be safe to state psychiatry has always been demonic.

Within this murderous beast of death care is psychiatry, the most evil component within a greater evil. From my research and firsthand experience, psychiatry is a vehicle of Satan to destroy minds, sterilize women, and ultimately condemn souls to hell.

Mental illness is a form of labeling designed to suppress an undesired behavoiur. Behaviours are a byproduct of our brain functions.
Psychiatric diagnoses are labels conveniently attached to individuals who do not behave by conventional norms; due to trauma - including but not limited to psychiatry drugs on fetuses as stated in this piece.

The inorganic mental illness of the mother and her faith in medicine over God eventually becomes a very real organic illness of a child that grows up to have severe mental and physical impairments that cannot be healed. It turns out the autism epidemic is not only suspected to be caused by vaccination but by mothers having babies while on psychiatric medicines.

The “Therapeutic” State would disagree with the concepts of insanity and sanity. These concepts are often reflected by moral rather than medical and scientific judgements as stated by R.D. Laing, a Scottish psychiatry (1927-1989) ; which he became part of the antipsychiatry movement.

vstk

Sparrow
Catholic
Quoting your post: "I had them prescribed to me as a teenager"

Can you explain a little bit more, about who gave the order to fill you with strange drugs, and, how old where you at the time?

Did your parents send you to see the shrink, and did they have to agree (in written?) with his foolish drug-prescription sentence?

Or were you allowed to go see the shrink on your own volition, as a minor, with no involvement from your parents?

I'm trying to understand the process through which a teen, a minor, could be made to take these evil mind-messing drugs? Are the parents involved, by law? And if so, how can they agree to fry the mind of their own beloved child with powerful strange drugs?

It reminds me of the bad parents who give hormone blockers to their hapless children, the whole process reeks of illegality.
I was 16. My general practitioner sent me to see a shrink. My mom took me there. He prescribed the drugs on the second time I went there. I was alone then. He said that I should inform my parents, which I did. He said that the only potential side effect is a stomach upset for a few days, that it is a very safe molecule.
He told me that my parents consent was not legally necessary anyway. My parents did agree so I took the drugs. I blamed myself for a while for being so naive. My parents are well intentioned but, to put it bluntly, lack intelligence and courage.

Some children are put on these drugs at age 11-12. In my opinion, it should be illegal before age 25, except for cases were a life is immediately in danger.

Denam8487

Robin
Catholic
I was in therapy years ago and for a brief time tried out just about every psychoactive medication there was (Zoloft, Prozac, Abilify, and Paxil) along with anxiolytics (Klonipin and Valium and one or two others whose names I forget). I agree with Roosh that at no time did a doctor address the underlying cause of my problems- instead, they adopted a “trial and error” approach to treatment, hence the numerous types and categories of drugs, in an attempt to alleviate the symptoms only, which to that profession is considered a success.

I can get into it in more detail if anyone is interested, but while medicated I suffered from every side effect in the book and a few that weren’t listed. There was one awful and potentially serious (and maybe fatal) side effect associated with Abilify, well known to physicians but apparently ignored by my shrink, that I thought would be permanent but thankfully resolved about two years after I stopped taking it. It was so bad, I was thinking of suing her.

Speaking of which, I had such bizarre withdrawal symptoms when I tried to stop that I almost went back on the meds to ease the suffering, rather than because the pills were effective.

I don’t know if I agree with everything Roosh has written here, but I do have a strong negative opinion of psychiatry and a somewhat unique position to criticize it, as a patient and as someone sort of “inside” the profession (through marriage).

When I was 17. I was prescribed Lithium during which I felt completely numb to everything that happened around me, good or bad. My hands would also tremble to the point I would spill water out of a cup if it were filled too high. It was all just business to my leftwing God-less therapist at the time.

TMarie

Pigeon
Woman
Catholic
People are depressed because the food we eat is mostly junk and has very little nutrition. When we take vitamins it can help balance out some of the deficiencies and improve our mood, but the way we eat and the food we eat is not supplying us with the vitamins and minerals needed to function normally. Women are given birth control pills by doctors for mood swings during their cycles and that is a big mistake, but that is the world we live in, and the solution to everything today is to take a pill.

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Lots of good comments. I remember reading about a cook in a monastery who apparently had an insane temper. His story came up as an illustration to a faithful inquirer asking who is the "most faithful" in the monastery. The answer: their lowly cook! This was because of his real, physical struggles lead him to develop incredible spiritual gifts. I believe the same case can be made for all kind of physical aliments, including things like same-sex attraction which we now perversely celebrate and refuse to see as just another physical challenge that should be overcome to build spiritual gifts.

Instead of pointing our fellow humans to the deeper significance of life realized through physical struggles, medicine now seeks to infantilize humans. The good doctors that remain know that humans are not just walking biological machines--we have spirit and soul. Most people are better to stay away from this System and to focus on improving their spiritual life.

Magnus Stout

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Good movie!

What pushed Pixar to be excellent was two things: (1) they embraced difficult movie concepts (ex: a rat who is a gourmand; a trash robot who can't talk; a cranky old widower who hates kids, etc...) and (2) a collaborative culture (unlike lazy, evil & incompetent Disney).

Greatness is always the product of struggle. Put differently, it's what we do in response to such challenges and the lessons we learn that produces greatness. We like Rocky not for winning, but for his grit. In a similar way, God wants to see us demonstrate spiritual grit--our determination and faith--through adversity.

Last edited:

TDD

Chicken
Catholic
Nice to see you back. I enjoyed the article and agree with your points. Many relatives and friends have gone down the path of antidepressants and I have seen the fruits. I came across this article and I believe some will find it helpful. Depression as an adaptation

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Hey Roosh,
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but have you read the book The Myth Of Mental Illness by Thomas Szasz?
Really opened my eyes to how false psychiatry is and the damage it's caused. I highly recommend it if you haven't read it already.

Also, on a spiritual note, mental illness in the bible is presented as demonic possession. Even today in Middle East/Semitic cultures, insane literally translates to "to be possessed by jinn/spirits".