Modern Psychiatry Is Demonic

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
A good antidote to modern psychiatry is the book Orthodox Psychotherapy by Metropolitan Hierotheos Vlachos:

The Christian understanding of the mind is centred not on on the brain, but rather on the nous, as this book makes clear.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
People are depressed because the food we eat is mostly junk and has very little nutrition. When we take vitamins it can help balance out some of the deficiencies and improve our mood, but the way we eat and the food we eat is not supplying us with the vitamins and minerals needed to function normally. Women are given birth control pills by doctors for mood swings during their cycles and that is a big mistake, but that is the world we live in, and the solution to everything today is to take a pill.

Ugly architecture as featured in this thread:

Poor nutrition, lack of physical activity and sunlight. As well as pollution all contribute to this depression. Our built environment and everything else really does matter.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
Ugly architecture as featured in this thread:

Poor nutrition, lack of physical activity and sunlight. As well as pollution all contribute to this depression. Our built environment and everything else really does matter.
For so long I've thought that most of the built environment around us is absolutely hideous. Now that I'm home a lot more in my clean, aesthetically rather pure environment, any time I go any real distance out into the world, it hits me like a ton of bricks how ugly and crude things are - shops, houses, cars, the whole infrastructure. I live in a decent area, but it's still so ugly. Of course this offends the order of the mind and psyche.

infowarrior1

Crow
Protestant
Today I watched a video about how policing in Britain was morphed from a local enterprise that sought to prevent crime to treating criminals as victims of poverty and inequality. I feel these are all strings of the same bow. The claim that people are only criminals because they are poor is wholly 100% materialist; ignoring that almost all people in history were much poorer but not criminals. The same with psychiatry. You are only unbalanced because of neurochemistry etc.

Materialism and Justice doesn't mix. The purpose of the State as in Romans 13 is to act as God's agent of Vengeance on evildoers.

And the purpose of punishment is to "purge the evil from among you". The task of a State is an inherently Holy Mission as ordained by God of a Crusade against Sin and Evil in its own ordained realm.

Therefore in all people involved in dealing with Crime I believe Christianity must play a crucial role. What I don't understand is why Policemen,Judges and Lawyers don't have regular services like Mass/Liturgy/Preaching and so on.

And why there isn't regular ceaseless prayers on behalf of themselves and by others for them so that God will empower their efforts and will supernaturally intervene in the same way the Prayers of Moses ensured the interventions of God on behalf of the Israelites.

So that by God's help they will serve their roles effectively in discovering criminals through Detective Work and in delivering Justice by passing Righteous sentences whether condemning Men/Women to Death for Murder or Caning and fines for lesser offenses.

The agents of the State deal with evil on a far more regular basis than the normal person. Yet the role of Spirituality is ignored.

The courts with its Neoclassical Architecture and other Grand Architectures is meant to be a Holy Temple of God in its own right delivering God's Holy Judgments on the sinner.

Last edited:

messaggera

Pelican
Woman
Other Christian
Not sure if this was mentioned already, but have you read the book The Myth Of Mental Illness by Thomas Szasz?
Really opened my eyes to how false psychiatry is and the damage it's caused. I highly recommend it if you haven't read it already.

Also, on a spiritual note, mental illness in the bible is presented as demonic possession. Even today in Middle East/Semitic cultures, insane literally translates to "to be possessed by jinn/spirits".

Great recommendation!

What is interesting about Thomas Szasz was that he believed in a puristic libertarian ideology. He too saw "mental" illness as a form of social labeling to suppress behaviour. He believed that there were no abuses of Institutional Psychiatry, but rather Institutional Psychiatry is, itself, the abuse. Szasz's libertarian ideology presented individual liberty as the highest of goods, and denigrated the role of government.

Romans 8:6
History presents the 1960's and early 1970's as where society quickly declined with the "New Left counterculture."

Ah_Tibor

Pelican
Woman
Orthodox
Szasz sounds like a sociopath (libertarianism is social autism)

One of my neighbors has a "Who is John Galt" license plate holder; it reminded me that the shutdowns, essential workers, make-the-world-stop-turning Great Reset propaganda overlapped a lot with the plot of Atlas Shrugged, which I tried reading again recently and couldn't because it was too stupid.

Ayn Rand is the godmother of most libertarians-- I think the prototypical 80s/90s libertarian was a hybrid of relaxed social mores, 1970s suspicion of big government and corporations, but then tempered by her style of capitalism and self-centerness, and most of them morphed into something else after 9/11, either outright conservatives or leftists.

She definitely had Asperger's and seems completely unable to understand anything else outside her own head, or why anyone wouldn't want the same things she does. A lot of what we descrive as "elite" planning seems to be people unable to understand that projecting one's own wants and desires onto a society may not produce a good one (and anyway if you don't agree you're stupid).

donovan

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Great recommendation!

What is interesting about Thomas Szasz was that he believed in a puristic libertarian ideology. He too saw "mental" illness as a form of social labeling to suppress behaviour. He believed that there were no abuses of Institutional Psychiatry, but rather Institutional Psychiatry is, itself, the abuse. Szasz's libertarian ideology presented individual liberty as the highest of goods, and denigrated the role of government.

Romans 8:6
History presents the 1960's and early 1970's as where society quickly declined with the "New Left counterculture."
I've taken a personal interest in the topic because two of my immediate family members have "mental illness" (one is bipolar and the other is schizophrenic). Both on heavy medication to keep them stable.
What led me to doubt their diagnoses (as a Christian) was that both of them had extremely bizarre spiritual experiences prior to their first psychotic episodes. I'm absolutely convinced there's a spiritual component to it, and the medication just numbs them. "Mental illness" does not exist.

Brebelle3

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
I was on one antidepressant or another for 17 years and was even admitted to long term therapy before I found this forum in 2016.

Upon finding the forum, I swallowed the red pill and gave up all medications just before my first "girl hunting" trip to SEA. That pill allowed me to change many aspects of my life for the better.

But it wasn't until I swallowed the God pill that the inside was healed.

I often times reflect on the perfection in how Roosh and the forum changed as it relates to my transformation.

Glory to God

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Everything in the wild will eventually be hijacked by evil. I'm actually surprised it took so long before medicine really became one of the highest causes of death and control, for example 100.000 opioid deaths every year in the US. If you cure the problem, the cashflow will dry up. That people can't see that, for example about the vaccine effort we're seeing now, is beyond me.

Philonous

Sparrow
Protestant
Well, I agree with this article. And whenever I agree with a writer’s perspectives I generally don’t say much about it, as then I feel I’m playing the role of a cheerleader, and it’s a role I don’t feel I should be taking with my fellow males. Don’t women of all backgrounds and ages naturally make themselves into cheerleaders? And would it not be more meaningful to offer a monetary donation, or to at least get my own website and then promote the writer’s work on it?

And I haven’t been on here in a while anyway, as I’ve grown more serious about getting my freelance art career underway—doing oil painting instructional videos. Video-wise, I bought a new camera and transferred 8 years’ of files on computer to an external drive, thereby freeing up space for videos. Art-wise, I’ve now managed to copy most of a 19th century neoclassical Russian painting onto canvas in about a month (filming myself doing it).

Yet I thought of the “Modern Psychiatry Is Demonic” article while reading another article from a different blogger this morning, this one by Andrew Anglin: “If Russia Beheaded People for Disrespecting Christianity, People Would Stop Doing It”.

And I found myself agreeing with much of that article, as well.

Thing is, there are some things I could say about the vileness of modern psychiatry—how it took a former noble study of neuroscience, then turned it into a means of making pharmaceutical giants all-powerful at the expense of public sanity.

But I think the more pressing issue is the US public’s acquiescence to a general spirit of anti-Christianity.

On this forum, to speak against the tenants of Christianity—doing so either by intentionally making them things of mockery, or repeatedly trying to intellectually erode other readers’ faith—this is blasphemy, and it makes the contributor subject to immediate banning.

It isn’t a rule given with the expectation belief in anything can be forced into a person, but rather, with the practical understanding that faith can be undermined—not just at a targeted individual, but with an entire group. And so if a contributor starts getting away from the gamut of historical doctrinal differences Christians have bickered about amongst each other over the centuries, and instead enters a realm of a subterfuge against the saving work of Christ’s crucifixion itself, at that point everyone should be wary.

And this isn’t to say the offender should be executed, so much as exiled. This, if their behavior shows a willingness to spread their faithless perspectives amongst the faithful, to perform what amounts to a converting of the faithful into the faithless—doing all without the sense of consequences immediately coming from the Almighty. At that point, more timely consequences should be forthcoming from His servants.

God may grant you a thick head of hair, but He’s not going to comb it for you.

And so what’s needed in American civil society is a return to 18th and 19th century laws that recognized blasphemy for what it is, and outlawed any public display of disrespect to Christianity as an institution. These laws were part of each state’s constitution, and any attempt to overrule them on behalf of the SCOTUS at that time would have itself been ignored.

We would then enter the discussion of “modern scientific inventions”—which ones constructively serve a Christian society, and which ones don’t. Look at the beliefs of the inventor of any given work. Look at the beliefs of the men manufacturing and distributing the things.

The atomic bomb and thermonuclear atomic bomb were not inventions created by any Christian, nor any group of Christians, but rather, created by a group of secular Jews and two fallen Catholics—Enrico Fermi and Marie Curie. As a result, there was no thought given to how fighting a war with such weapons might depart from anything a Christian soldier could morally justify—weapons that can’t help but kill non-combatants en masse, either due to radioactive fallout or the mere size of the blast itself.

Technically, modern WMD’s came into being in WWI when weaponized chlorine was released on French and Algerian troops by the German army in 1915. This had been a creation of the Nobel prize winning chemist Fritz Haber—a Jewish convert to German Lutherism, albeit one overzealous to show off his new German patriotism as a Christian.

In 1915, with all the German reserves called to duty, the generals feared heavy losses on their side, and so Haber’s weapon was deployed. Somewhere between 3,000 and 10,000 French and Algerian troops were then reported dying from gas inhalation at the Battle of Gravenstafel Ridge. Gas releases in subsequent battles followed. Ultimately, the Germans were repulsed and lost the war, but the western powers’ victory was now a pyrrhic thing.

The impetus to develop an atomic bomb came directly from these battles. Conscience was laid aside and a mad effort was made to create a bomb that could do what the gas had done—in this, the political obloquy of “gas warfare” would be avoided, yet the casualty count would be just as high. Everything became political, with spiritual considerations entirely disregarded. The men making this bomb behaved as though God didn’t exist—or if He did, He simply didn’t care.

This is what gave rise to the fundamentally anti-Christian concept of “postmodernism”—entire western nations behaving as though God were a meaningless abstraction, and then prosecuting total war over still other abstractions. Such nations would then think nothing of approaching medicine and healthcare with the same viewpoint—a godless version of science touting panaceas that harmed far more than they cured (if they cured anything).

And just as in any other instance when atheism and agnosticism takes the place of one’s due reverence for his creator, the animal half of man’s consciousness—the “Dionysian”, or that which lusts after power for its own sake—won supremacy over the fully human half of man—the “Apollonian”, or that which accepts the reality of God as being as rational as the fact the sky is blue, and therefore man’s rightful role is one of answering to his creator. Hyde conquered Jekyll, just as he always does in those who are spiritually weak, or who cling not to Christ for guidance and strengthening.

All modern chemical-based psychiatry comes from this perception of a universe devoid of God and justice, a universe ruled only by chaos where nothing has innate goodness or meaning. It is what you do homage to when you accept that psychiatrist’s prescription for any modern anti-depressant or anti-psychotic—you are saying, “But of course we had to drop that atom bomb on Japan—do it twice for good measure, for there was no god protecting us from Japan’s godless army.”

But enough from me. Thought I’d post again. Good to correspond with my fellow Christians.

Although, this thread—a fellow on here talking about going to gay bars, and how he now needs his psychotropic drugs? This, because he got kicked out of gay bars?

It doesn’t sound like he’s intentionally blaspheming, so much that he really is a nut job—if not outright possessed. He seems eager to defend his own lunacy—he seems to misinterpret it as an innate part of himself that needs comforting, something good enough to be dovetailed into the canon of “Christian reality” for the rest of us.

Exile. That, or a return to the study of phrenology, with an emphasis on surgical correction of portions of the cerebrum—this, as I feel it’s safe to say that commenter has indulged his lower nature to such a extent he’s caused physical portions of his brain to unduly and permanently expand in order to make such pursuits easier. This now works against his spiritual correction, much as having a brace mounted on one’s body works against developing a new form of movement.

I could talk up phrenology (as I’ve done in several other threads), but suffice it to say, the surrounding civil order must first be Christianized (or re-Christianized) in order for such a thing to even be seriously considered, let alone have chance of correcting the afflicted without causing retardation or death.

The Penitent Man

Kingfisher
Protestant
Great article. Watching my country literally die in front of my eyes is not easy. I could use a really good therapist right now. That said, I'm aware of their tendencies to treat, if at all, symptoms vs. the cause. And the cause is the root and, therefore, the true focal point. Yet, how am I supposed to go to a "therapist" and tell him, "hey, let's get down to brass tacks, I'm feeling sad because of feminism, homosexuality, "gender", indoctrination, perversity, arrogant and ignorant elitist freak/pedophiles, etc".

Once there was a client-therapist confidentiality clause and I'm sure this clause still exists, but, its not the same. There are exceptions and they'll let you know upfront. For instance, if you intend to harm someone or harm yourself. I shuttered to think because I think this is true, that going to a therapist and opening up about the real stressors, i.e. rampant radical leftism, runs the risk that the therapist may report you. Think about it. I can say, "hey it very much disturbs me that cross-dressing is being encouraged". This is making me depressed. Look at Chapelle. The argument against him is that he's hurting, i.e. intending to do harm to another, therefore, isn't a therapist required to "report" such things? And there's a record that is created, which again, can be accessed by authorities if "the clause" permits. The Soviets used to call its detractors mental patients too. I suspect there is a lot of desperation and depression today caused by the fall of America. We could all use a good therapist. But, its very sad and yet one more thing radical leftism destroys. You can't go to a complete stranger, regardless if they're a "therapist" or not. You can't trust them. And so, we suffer.

Also, therapists are likely to be left-wing. Their entire practices have morphed from helping people cope to specializing in "gender confusion" or "sexuality issues" (which only means one thing). There will always be an obligatory and separate "lgtdkduw*&^834 issues" too, even though its duplicitous to the "sexuality issues". Their practices have been designed to look only at left wing "problems".

Anecdotally, therapists seem to be struggling locally and that's good thing. Probably for the reasons I outlined above.
Even if you tell a doctor something and they keep it “confidential,” invariably this still goes into a written report, or at the very least physician or therapist notes. There are many ways third parties can access these, and they can be used for various purposes. Even if something you say doesn’t make it into a written record, these doctors can still be compelled to testify, and you can only hope they maintain that duty of confidentiality.

The people that may seek this information are those that change the definitions of words to fit their whims. Once a thought wanders its way out of the mouth, there is no such thing as confidentiality in an amoral profession, especially in the context of an immoral society.

vstk

Sparrow
Catholic
My psychiatrist would make fun of his other patients in front of me, tell me about their problems. He mimicked the spasms of one patient with akathisia. He told me about the woman in the waiting room being an awful mother. He told me about one patient who had been raped, along with details about it. There is no confidentiality indeed. No moral standards.
I believe psychologists / psychiatrists are most often the ones who have incurable mental illnesses, which is why they chose this field in the first place.

rvco

Banned
Mainstream psychiatry has several major weaknesses to it.

(i) Profit motive - Therapist have an active incentive to excessively lengthen treatment to make more money.

(ii) It's majoritarily female - Any field that caters to men and is run by women goes against the biblical dictum of male custodianship of women. Also women don't understand men.

(iii) Excessive reliance on chemicals - Fits into (i) per the pharmaceutical industry - Therapists often rely too much on drugs and too little on psychosomatic triggers. I say this because there's an active incentive to this.

(iv) A tendency of pathologizing healthy male boisterousness as being inherently bad.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
My psychiatrist would make fun of his other patients in front of me, tell me about their problems. He mimicked the spasms of one patient with akathisia. He told me about the woman in the waiting room being an awful mother. He told me about one patient who had been raped, along with details about it. There is no confidentiality indeed. No moral standards.
I believe psychologists / psychiatrists are most often the ones who have incurable mental illnesses, which is why they chose this field in the first place.
Indeed. My girlfriend's mom hopped her and siblings and her dogs on psych meds from young ages. She is a warped and demonically-possessed individual. It's terrifying that authority figures like doctors can hold so much power over innocent and naive victims. It reminds me of how much damage I did to myself guzzling butter as a young kid because I thought Dave Asprey's protocol would lead me to the pinnacle of health. This stuff is silly to me now because I can discern things and make rational judgments, but as a young kid I was very impressionable.

psych123

Chicken
Catholic
I work In psychiatry and I am a Christian since birth.

1. Original Sin --> (some) Disease. This effects BOTH body and mind.
For example, gluttony --> obesity --> DM2, but gluttony has nothing to do with type 1 diabetes which is autoimmune.
Unless you deny original sin or can explain why original sin only affects the body and not the mind, your theology is off.

If you accept the concept of original sin and that it affects the WHOLE person including the mind, all that is left is to discuss treatment.

2. Both psychotherapy and psychopharmacology are treatments depending on the disease.
For example, psychotherapy is first line treatment for PTSD while a medication such as lithium would be used in severe bipolar.
You will note that lithium is on the periodic table and was created by God, not pharmaceutical companies.

Now you can certainly say that companies controlled by sinful man does sinful things such as overprescribe or practices greed in pricing, however that does NOT invalidate the the discipline as a whole.

Good day

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
I work In psychiatry and I am a Christian since birth.

1. Original Sin --> (some) Disease. This effects BOTH body and mind.
For example, gluttony --> obesity --> DM2, but gluttony has nothing to do with type 1 diabetes which is autoimmune.
Unless you deny original sin or can explain why original sin only affects the body and not the mind, your theology is off.

If you accept the concept of original sin and that it affects the WHOLE person including the mind, all that is left is to discuss treatment.

2. Both psychotherapy and psychopharmacology are treatments depending on the disease.
For example, psychotherapy is first line treatment for PTSD while a medication such as lithium would be used in severe bipolar.
You will note that lithium is on the periodic table and was created by God, not pharmaceutical companies.

Now you can certainly say that companies controlled by sinful man does sinful things such as overprescribe or practices greed in pricing, however that does NOT invalidate the the discipline as a whole.

Good day

I do not believe it is Roosh's intent to invalidate the entire profession. There are, I'm sure, good Christian psychiatrists like yourself and Abbot Tryphon, who do not abuse their patients with toxic drugs.

However, psychiatry as it is practiced today is largely an evil enterprise.

rvco

Banned
Any field that does not accept the reality of male political dominance and female submission (and no, I'm not talking about doubting women's intelligence or preventing them from working) and the right of men to make decisions in the spiritual-political sphere and not the opposite is political satanism.

paul14

Chicken
Catholic
There was a very good podcast about paranoid schizophrenics. Many of them hear voices and a nurse (Jerry Marzinsky) got the patients to recite the 22nd Psalm ("the lord is my shepherd etc.."). It made the voices go away! The very strong implication was that the voices were some kind of demonic spirits and that the Psalms were extremely powerful in expelling the demons.

However, the establishment psychiatrists put strong pressure on the nurse not to do this and to use the SSRI drugs instead which damaged the patients.

(sheep farm podcast)

another one here (james delingpole)

Dominus regit me. God's spiritual benefits to faithful souls.

[1] A psalm for David. The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing. [2] He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment: [3] He hath converted my soul. He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake. [4] For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me. [5] Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me. Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!

[1] "Ruleth me": In Hebrew, Is my shepherd, viz., to feed, guide, and govern me.

[6] And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.