Modern Psychiatry Is Demonic

JohnTheSmall

Pigeon
Orthodox
One of the interesting points phased out of history is that when evolution was trying to be introduced into American schools in the 20s, the objection was not necessarily "against" evolution but because eugenics was pushed in with it (think CRT nowadays, but worse). The Scopes Monkey Trial was a big show trial to try to paint all those who disagreed as ignorant religious idiots.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/397478.Better_for_All_the_World this is a really good book about the topic of eugenics and forced sterilization in America (and the source for the above claim).
Thank you for the link, I will have a look!

Tradcatholic

Robin
Catholic
One of the interesting points phased out of history is that when evolution was trying to be introduced into American schools in the 20s, the objection was not necessarily "against" evolution but because eugenics was pushed in with it (think CRT nowadays, but worse). The Scopes Monkey Trial was a big show trial to try to paint all those who disagreed as ignorant religious idiots.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/397478.Better_for_All_the_World this is a really good book about the topic of eugenics and forced sterilization in America (and the source for the above claim).
That's interesting, and I can well believe it.

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that evolution is the biggest hoax before corona. I wonder how much correlation there is between people who "believe" (the word is appropriate, it's a credo) in evolution, and people who believe in corona apocalypse.

The world was made by a glob of matter which started inexplicably mutating, and will be destroyed by a little virus whose mutations are progressively more deadly.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
That's interesting, and I can well believe it.

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that evolution is the biggest hoax before corona. I wonder how much correlation there is between people who "believe" (the word is appropriate, it's a credo) in evolution, and people who believe in corona apocalypse.

The world was made by a glob of matter which started inexplicably mutating, and will be destroyed by a little virus whose mutations are progressively more deadly.
A lot of weird American progressivism--including eugenics--has its roots in Calvinism.

What I meant by religious people not necessarily objecting to the *concept* of evolution is that religion follows a long timeline, and one can see how things change over the years. The objection was to saying that since we come from monkeys, certain races and ethnicities are closer to animals, and some are better "evolved."

Sort of like how there's a big difference between genetics and eugenics, even though they're both "based" on the same principle (except one involves God and the other "becoming" a god, or some kind of secular apotheosis).

"Better for All is the World" is a worthwhile read. The one thing that worries me is that it ends on some kind of positive note of that it was a good idea taken in the wrong direction, and science (science!) may be fixing its trajectory. I think this garbage is coming back in a big way. I'm not sure why "everything is heritable" is somehow superior to free will.

Tradcatholic

Robin
Catholic
A lot of weird American progressivism--including eugenics--has its roots in Calvinism.

What I meant by religious people not necessarily objecting to the *concept* of evolution is that religion follows a long timeline, and one can see how things change over the years. The objection was to saying that since we come from monkeys, certain races and ethnicities are closer to animals, and some are better "evolved."

Sort of like how there's a big difference between genetics and eugenics, even though they're both "based" on the same principle (except one involves God and the other "becoming" a god, or some kind of secular apotheosis).

"Better for All is the World" is a worthwhile read. The one thing that worries me is that it ends on some kind of positive note of that it was a good idea taken in the wrong direction, and science (science!) may be fixing its trajectory. I think this garbage is coming back in a big way. I'm not sure why "everything is heritable" is somehow superior to free will.
Sure. Creationists make a distinction between macroevolution (change from one species to another over generations) and microevolution (change in one species over generations, due to interactions with the environment, natural selection, breeding patterns and so on), and the latter definitely happens.

And yeah, if one does accept (macro)evolution, then it becomes pretty easy to argue that some races are less human than others, because what it means to be human has become flexible/mutable. It's pretty funny trying to see modern liberals reconcile their belief in human equality with their dogmatic belief in evolution. 19th century social Darwinists were more coherent.

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
The secular world makes people ill by denying the presence of God, and then the secular world gives the solution of psychiatry and its obsession of prescribing anti-depressant and anti-psychotic drugs which fleece billions of dollars from patients via recurring monthly payments for those who become dependent on them and simply cannot quit.

Propaganda patterns are emerging. An example is the partnership between public schools and the post-COVID medical industry (pharmaceutical companies ). A similar historical partnership happened under USA's public school program titled, Teen Screen, under the Bush Administration. Why was the program terminated in 2012, and will it be revived as a new public school program for child development?

This 2021 Scientific American article presented a concerning trend in the public school system now:

Ask any teenager if they would like to talk about mindfulness and mood thermometers with their peers a dozen times in one school year, and most would decline the opportunity. But ask them instead if they would like a vaccine to ward off the worst mental health impacts of the past year and a half, and most would raise their hands without thinking.

There is also a partnership between medical practitioners and pharmaceutical companies involving incentives.
The Washington Post presented an article titled, The pandemic could drive another national health crisis, GAO warns: Anxiety

“The pandemic is potentially driving another national crisis related to its effects on behavioral health, with people experiencing new or exacerbated behavioral health symptoms or conditions.”
As of November, Washington has spent more than $8.5 billion in covid-19 relief for behavioral health, which includes mental health issues like anxiety and depression, in addition to substance abuse. Almost all of that was funneled through five programs of the Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The rest went to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

The UN agency /United Nations Children Fund provides the examples of mental health / childhood development disruptions developed because of the COVID Pandemic.

How can parents prepare to avoid the next pandemic: mental health crisis?

This thread by @DanielH asks individuals to "discuss personal experiences with children in these times, as well as any theories you may have, how to deal with this phenomenon, and why this isn't triggering policy changes or how the oligarchs benefit from an essentially disabled population."

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
Catholic
Propaganda patterns are emerging. An example is the partnership between public schools and the post-COVID medical industry (pharmaceutical companies ). A similar historical partnership happened under USA's public school program titled, Teen Screen, under the Bush Administration. Why was the program terminated in 2012, and will it be revived as a new public school program for child development?

This 2021 Scientific American article presented a concerning trend in the public school system now:

There is also a partnership between medical practitioners and pharmaceutical companies involving incentives.
The Washington Post presented an article titled, The pandemic could drive another national health crisis, GAO warns: Anxiety

The UN agency /United Nations Children Fund provides the examples of mental health / childhood development disruptions developed because of the COVID Pandemic.

How can parents prepare to avoid the next pandemic: mental health crisis?

This thread by @DanielH asks individuals to "discuss personal experiences with children in these times, as well as any theories you may have, how to deal with this phenomenon, and why this isn't triggering policy changes or how the oligarchs benefit from an essentially disabled population."

The public school system wants to parent and to decide what is right for your child to learn:

Of course, this is no longer surprising:

"The purpose of public education in public schools is not to teach kids only what parents want them to be taught," the post continued. "It is to teach them what society needs them to know. The client of the public school is not the parent, but the entire community, the public."

Thank you for sharing @MartyMcFly !