Morbidly obese reporter who constantly spoke of body positivity, dies, of covid

dicknixon72

Pelican
The point of the thread was not to delight in fat people dying. But rather to remind everyone that many people delude themselves into thinking the extreme gluttony they have in their lives is in fact healthy. It is not.

The elephant in the room - no pun intended for real - that no one wants to acknowledge is that the United States has probably the best reactive healthcare in the world bar none, meaning that if you are on the verge of dying from some trauma, we can save your life 97% of the time. But we have an almost complete lack of preventative healthcare, especially in the realm of personal health care.

I would like to know how many of these 'COVID DEATHS' between 18-65 were people with Type 2 Diabetes, heavy smokers, heavy drinkers, or morbidly obese.

JayR

Woodpecker
The elephant in the room - no pun intended for real - that no one wants to acknowledge is that the United States has probably the best reactive healthcare in the world bar none, meaning that if you are on the verge of dying from some trauma, we can save your life 97% of the time. But we have an almost complete lack of preventative healthcare, especially in the realm of personal health care.

I would like to know how many of these 'COVID DEATHS' between 18-65 were people with Type 2 Diabetes, heavy smokers, heavy drinkers, or morbidly obese.
Yup, the "sickness model." Healthy people don't spend money on surgeries or pharmaceuticals, nor do dead people. The sweet spot for maximum profits is in the middle -- a chronically sick population.

homersheineken

Kingfisher

About 96%. They answered that months ago when they found the 96% had morbidities in addition to having the chinese flu. The average person had 2.5 morbidities - so diabetes and morbidly obese (with a good chance of something else too).

These people were already near death or extremely unhealthy. Figure what, 75% of Americans are overweight https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm (if you want to believe these CDC numbers).

Then if you include the over 65 age group, you start to see where this 500k deaths comes from.

dicknixon72

Pelican
About 96%. They answered that months ago when they found the 96% had morbidities in addition to having the chinese flu. The average person had 2.5 morbidities - so diabetes and morbidly obese (with a good chance of something else too).

These people were already near death or extremely unhealthy. Figure what, 75% of Americans are overweight https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm (if you want to believe these CDC numbers).

Then if you include the over 65 age group, you start to see where this 500k deaths comes from.

Going to say something bold here. I understand all of these people were indeed people and no one deserves to die.

But...are we as a nation heathier for this?

Blade Runner

Pelican
Probably, but it doesn't matter. If you aren't prepared (and this is a statement on average, since random stuff occurs, but is exceedingly rare) or haven't invested in your body and health, in a certain sense, you deserved to die. Harsh, but true. This is actually not even debatable from a materialist point of view. I don't hold that point of view, but we are talking about a materialist reductionist culture that denies faith and sets itself up for irrational fears, since it has no faith. For a person of faith, the word "deserving" is rather silly, in any case, since we don't choose when we come in, nor do we choose when we go out. In certain situations, one must be aware that certain people, if they aren't careful, will get what is coming to them.