Most important causes men should support/donate to

berenmsc

Sparrow
What are some of the most important causes us as men should donate to, support and or volunteer for? Specifically which sort of charities and or conservation groups.

Smaller, local organizations are better impacted by your gifts, think about what you gain benefit from every day.
Go to church? Drop more in the basket.
Use the library frequently? Become a sponsor.
Use Gab, Roosh Forum, other alternative tech? Donate some bitcoin.
Enjoy your local parks? Patronize their fundraisers, join the community cleanups, buy a state parks license plate.
Listen to the classical or college radio station? Write a check.
Know a local business that has legitimate customer service? Buy more from them, send them more customers.

dead^2

Chicken
Cannot agree more. I myself have been looking for groups that will rekindle my faith and work for a good cause. Times have my opportunities limited, however.

I really just want to emphasize to you the importance of the strength of your local community. This is how the world died isn't it? A destruction of the nuclear family and a toppling of all social structure which defined local communities.

A quick way to fight back against that is the obvious "embetter yourself, and embetter your community."

What's the St Augustin quote?
"Bad times, hard times, this is what people keep saying; but let us live well, and times shall be good. We are the times: Such as we are, such are the times."

Durden347

Robin
Smaller, local organizations are better impacted by your gifts, think about what you gain benefit from every day.
Go to church? Drop more in the basket.
Use the library frequently? Become a sponsor.
Use Gab, Roosh Forum, other alternative tech? Donate some bitcoin.
Enjoy your local parks? Patronize their fundraisers, join the community cleanups, buy a state parks license plate.
Listen to the classical or college radio station? Write a check.
Know a local business that has legitimate customer service? Buy more from them, send them more customers.
I could not agree more. I don't trust these bigger organizations such as the Red Cross. The bigger they are, the shadier they are.

JayR

Woodpecker
I donate to a local charity whose sole purpose is to mentor at-risk fatherless boys in my community who show promise.

I applied to be a mentor, but the final stage of the application process asked for a list of all my social media accounts. I replied "None" and never heard anything more. Oh well.

I send in a very modest ($10) automatic monthly contribution via PayPal. I get a Christmas card every year signed by all the boys in the program, which I place proudly on my mantle. Makes me feel good.