Mothering in the Time of Coronavirus

catholicmom

Sparrow
Woman
I thought it may be a good idea to start a thread to exchange ideas, anecdotes, etc. concerning mothering in the midst of all of this madness. How have you managed lockdowns and regulations with your kids? What have your experiences been like with normie moms? Any tips to share?

EntWife

Robin
Woman
For the most part, the coronavirus stuff changes nothing for my kids. We were already homeschooling. We don't take them to stores much anyway because we don't want them thinking that that's the point of life. My youngest had to wear a mask for some doctors visits. He thought it was fun. It didn't interfere with his breathing because it was too big to effectively cover his nose and mouth.

As for visiting between households, well. We actually didn't let them go to their grandparents for about a month because of the lockdown in the spring. Never again. The government can decree whatever idiocy they like. They can't make us do it. We're not putting our kids through that again.

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
We keep life as normal as possible. If we CAN do something we did in 2019, we DO.

We also try to use humor. My kids are very aware of our political position, and they do things like make fun of Joe Biden and Democrat governors. I told my kids the other day about how great the governor of South Dakota is, and my daughter sang, "Everybody's freeeeeee.... in South Dakota!" LOL.

islandgirl

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox
Today a customer walked in to our office. A moment later I heard a knock on the window. I looked up and there was a little boy banging on the window from the outside. His dad wouldn’t let him in the office because he didn’t have a mask. The kid was about 4 years old. This is the New Normal.

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
My state is on super tight lockdown, but life is pretty much the same for us. We don’t really go to stores anymore though, mostly to avoid The Mask. We already were homeschooling, and all of our co-ops are in full swing. Our church is defying our governor’s tyrannical orders, so we spend more time there than we did before. No one wears a mask so it feels like the closest place to normal. We spend more time at each other’s houses, too. So I guess the biggest change is that it’s more time with people and less time in stores for us?

Last edited:

Cyn

Chicken
Woman
For the most part, the coronavirus stuff changes nothing for my kids. We were already homeschooling. We don't take them to stores much anyway because we don't want them thinking that that's the point of life. My youngest had to wear a mask for some doctors visits. He thought it was fun. It didn't interfere with his breathing because it was too big to effectively cover his nose and mouth.

As for visiting between households, well. We actually didn't let them go to their grandparents for about a month because of the lockdown in the spring. Never again. The government can decree whatever idiocy they like. They can't make us do it. We're not putting our kids through that again.
Same
Both of my boys have been homeschooled by me. They’re both entering their pre-teen years now and my husband and I agreed we weren’t going to try and shield them from the truth anymore. And being they’re both critical thinkers, they immediately knew something was up as far as the hysterics go, immediately. So my husband used this to rip the band-aid off if you will. It’s time for them to become men now, even if I’d rather they st blissfully ignorant children forever.

The acceleration of all of this forces our hand.
But all and all, we just continued doing what we do. We come from a big like minded family, all on the same page with this years flu seasons, so they have their cousins and eachother to stay connected to people, as most of our outside social circle seems to have bought this insanity. We just kept rolling on with life.
We REFUSED to allow them into our home.
We don’t have tv. So there’s no news pumping crap into their heads. And their time on the internet is limited because we keep them busy and my husband limits their use. And, needless to say neither have cellphones. Lol what does a 12 year old need a cell phone for?

edit: hi ladies, good to see i was not the only lurker ☺️

Cyn

Chicken
Woman
Today a customer walked in to our office. A moment later I heard a knock on the window. I looked up and there was a little boy banging on the window from the outside. His dad wouldn’t let him in the office because he didn’t have a mask. The kid was about 4 years old. This is the New Normal.
It’s absolutely unreal. But these are the same people that cheer about putting tutu’s on their little boys and worse telling him he’s wearing it because he’s really a girl! Sad to say, absolutely nothing these Pod People (because they heard it on their tv of course) so shocks me any more.