The Godfather Trilogy

Risky Business

Jackie Brown

The Deer Hunter

The Thomas Crown Affair (original)

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
I'm about to see John Williams this weekend conduct all of his movie scores. Won't lie it is a dream come true for me to see him conduct. He's really old these days. I'm worried i may have never had a chance again!

FretDancer

Ostrich
Watched American Hustle a few days ago. Really good movie and great soundtrack, lots of American classic tunes from the 70's and 80's. Recommended:

Also, I really like the 300 sountrack. I have some of it's tunes on my Workout playlist for when I hit the gym hard.

Mercenary

Hummingbird
Haig said:
I love the majority of John Carpenter's soundtracks but the one that sticks out for me is Big Trouble in Little China.

Agreed, most music from his films is pure kick ass.
A few examples:

The Thing

Escape from New York

The Fog

Sam Malone

Ostrich
Gold Member
The "Heat" soundtrack (Pacino, DeNiro). Especially the music when they're holding up the bank, and the scene where Pacino gets in an undercover car and pulls DeNiro over.

"The Score", DeNiro, Ed Norton, and Marlon Brando. The opening music, and the 'bye bye' triumphant music in the finale (right after DeNiro asks Norton, "Whadda ya got, huh ? Whadda ya got ?", and Norton responds, "You know what I got !!")

The score from the original Point Break (1991), by Mark Isham. The music from the skydiving scene.

The Good , the bad the ugly or any of Sergio Leone movies

Lost in Translation ( including Just like Honey " her honey dripping beehive" -The best song ever written on pussy licking )

Mommy - French Canadian movie of an insanely talented homo director ( Ludovico Einaudi -experience , Counting Crows - Colourblind )

Berlin Calling - Dj set list by Paul Kalkbrenner

Midnight in Paris or any of Woody Allen films including Annie Hall , Manhattan, Play it again sam , Anything else, Sweet and lowdown (If you are into Jazz)

Chungking Express - (absolute dream watching Faye Wong sing the chinese version of California dreaming while juggling kebab sauce bottles)

All the movies listed above are worth watching for their soundtracks alone !

Stirfry

Woodpecker
Mercenary said:
Haig said:
I love the majority of John Carpenter's soundtracks but the one that sticks out for me is Big Trouble in Little China.

Agreed, most music from his films is pure kick ass.
A few examples:

The Thing

Escape from New York

The Fog

Totally agree. In addition to being an amazing director, John Carpenter is highly underrated as a composer. The music for "Escape From New York" is just about perfect when it comes to establishing that mood of a technologically advanced yet dystopian and ultimately doomed society.

How about these awesome, but old school soundtracks:

Harold and Maude- In my opinion one of the best soundtracks of all time, with Cat Stevens at his peak, before the Muslim thing.

Taxi Driver- Composed by the master, Bernard Herrmann, who you all know from "Psycho," but who worked with everyone from Orson Welles to Martin Scorcese.

Midnight Cowboy- a bit of a mish-mash, and very late 60's psychadelic, but anything with Harry Nilsson, John Barry and Toots Thielemans (who was a renown guitar player, a harmonica virtuoso, and I shit you not, a master at whistling) is OK in my book.