Movies with a strong Christian component

GOBLIN

Banned
Orthodox
I was blown away by the movie A Man For All Seasons, about an English statesmen who stuck to his faith in spite of intense pressure against King Henry VIII. The acting and dialogue were superb.

And of course there is The Island (Ostrov) [2006] about a Russian monk in repentance.

Any more movies like these two?

The gentleman who played the repentant monk in 'Island' is also in this movie

https://tubitv.com/movies/490092/viking?autoplay=true

A russian movie. The story of St Vladimir the Great

GOBLIN

Banned
Orthodox
The movie "Joker" has a strong relationship to the Cain and Abel story.
Ya know; on occasion it has fallen to me to gently confront know it all / 'Bible based' protestants, or smug atheists concerning the faith;

I will ask them: "Can you tell me what the Bible is about in two or three sentences ?"
They will mumble about 'God's power' and the ten commandments.
They will bloviate about Christ's passion; always far past the allotted two or three sentences.
[the ignorant love to multiply words to camouflage their lack of knowledge.]

I generally reply: "Although those are occurrances in the scripture, they are not it's theme.

The Bible is about a question; a single question asked of God by man inside the first ten pages of Genesis,
and the rest of the Bible is God repeatedly answering that question with the same answer until He finally goes to the Cross in the person of Christ in order to end all doubt.

The question ?

"Am I my brother's keeper ?"

7-5

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
'Cromwell' (1970)

Watched it on a whim on YouTube and immediately thought of this thread after.

Religious war history, Alec Guinness and the guy playing Oliver just steals the show with his righteous indignation.

Shots with flags that have 'DEFEND OUR FAITH' emblazoned on them. A coffin with 'Christ, not man, is king'. What's not to love?

Little long but I've seriously considered watching it again.

Attachments

• proxy-image (9).jpeg
    proxy-image (9).jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 9

Eusebius Erasmus

Ostrich
Orthodox
'Cromwell' (1970)

Watched it on a whim on YouTube and immediately thought of this thread after.

Religious war history, Alec Guinness and the guy playing Oliver just steals the show with his righteous indignation.

Shots with flags that have 'DEFEND OUR FAITH' emblazoned on them. A coffin with 'Christ, not man, is king'. What's not to love?

Little long but I've seriously considered watching it again.

Great movie. Cromwell is clearly the villain, but he is portrayed well in this film.

infowarrior1

Peacock
Protestant
I'm rewatching it.

I find that as I grow (however little) as a Christian, I appreciate this movie increasingly more.

Also, I doubt a movie like this could be made in today's woke and demonic Hollywood climate.

The only objection is the replacement of the Elf Hero Glorfindel with Arwen who isn't supposed to be in that role. I read they cut out her warrior princess role also aside from the rescue of Frodo since she never played that role in the books.