Moving to the United States

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
The UK’s “conservative” PM would easily be a lefty governor anywhere in America. He is a full Covidian. The UK police are fully woke, which isn’t the case (yet) even in blue states and deep blue cities. Even private schools in the UK have to teach gay propaganda. The UK also has an official domestic intelligence agency (MI5), which I’m sure would totally never be used for political reasons. If anything, the UK is the model for every blue state.

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Stay. There are parts of USA that are more lenient on Covid. But that may not be forever. Not sure how you’d get a visa to permanently (legally) stay in USA…so you’d be in the shadows. That’s no way to live.

Much better to be around your people- with connections, assistance, family, and cultural similarities- during this worldwide takeover.

Liviu

Robin
Orthodox
Actually, because I am a theologian not yet married I thought at some point for going in America if I wouldn`t find a good cause to fight for here (a country in east Europe) but this is like going into the eye storm now. Not mentioning the vaccination.
I will repeat what I said here. Metropolitan Neophitos of Morphou (Cyprus) said afer consulting at least one hesychast , probably more than one : `If people from America would know what comes, half of them would run away` (quite recent declaration). According to other discoveries, new Sodom and Gomore (NY and Los Ang.) will be punished. So, probably, red states and many rural arias will be better.
A Romanian bishop from US, coming here at a monastery in Bucharest said : ` You are rich.Is so much grace here. In America young people are lost`. That because you have got children.
And here American priest Stephen Holley , (and his wife) after receiving a distinction from the metropolitan of Iași, Romania, stating that he would never exchange back Romania for America.

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
Do you guys think blue states should be avaoided across the board?
I would say yes. I'm in one, but only because my aging parents are here. If they weren't, I'd move to Oklahoma or South Dakota in a heartbeat. As I recently commented on another thread, I'm essentially living in an open-air insane asylum at this point.

On the other hand, I'm going to agree with other guys who've said that a solid red state in the US is probably about the best option for guys like us. Not perfect, but the best option.

Pointy Elbows

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Do you have a legit/visa way to get to the US? I'm talking about an authorized work permit or Permanent Resident Alien status? If not, living in the US as an illegal worker has some difficulties (but obviously it is done all the time). For a white European, I would not expect to be passed through the border easily.

To my understanding, EE countries don't get visas to come to the US easily. Our immigration rules are heavily prejudiced against European immigrants in the last few decades.

Blue State America is crazy but you will still find pockets of resistance in such places. And the mandates are going to backfire at some time.

I would recommend a red state, rural area, that has an Orthodox church in the area. There are small Orthodox parishes in some areas. But such a church will be a good way to build social life and keep relatively based (in the US, OCA churches are less ethno-centric than Greeks). ROCOR might be ethno centric to your advantage. There are some small OCA and ROCOR churches in rural parts of the US. Not a lot, but some.

Even in rural Red State America, you will have to watch out for the occasional clandestine BLM/Antifa type school teacher. They exist everywhere, so don't assume you are in a good place for your kids.

All that said, best of wishes to you! May you make it here safe. Please update as things go.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Do you guys think blue states should be avaoided across the board?
The real divide is urban/rural. Rural counties in blue states are typically red, just as large cities in red states are almost invariably blue. Police in the US are locally controlled, but generally not woke anyway. Public schools will have certain statewide rules to abide by, though even some red areas will have leftist controlled schools. Blue states will have regulatory regimes and Attorney Generals that will of course exhibit bias against anything conservative. But outside of lockdowns and taxes, there isn’t a ton the state will effect on your day to day life... for now. I wouldn’t bet on that being the case in the future though. My own state’s Attorney General has gone after rural businesses for defying lockdowns.

Tradcatholic

Robin
Catholic
The real divide is urban/rural. Rural counties in blue states are typically red, just as large cities in red states are almost invariably blue. Police in the US are locally controlled, but generally not woke anyway. Public schools will have certain statewide rules to abide by, though even some red areas will have leftist controlled schools. Blue states will have regulatory regimes and Attorney Generals that will of course exhibit bias against anything conservative. But outside of lockdowns and taxes, there isn’t a ton the state will effect on your day to day life... for now. I wouldn’t bet on that being the case in the future though. My own state’s Attorney General has gone after rural businesses for defying lockdowns.
It's fascinating how this country/city right/left divide applies not just in the US, but pretty much across the world. Do cities attract degenerates or produce them? Probably it's what Marxists would call "a dialectical relationship."

amor_fati

Pigeon
Orthodox Inquirer
It's fascinating how this country/city right/left divide applies not just in the US, but pretty much across the world. Do cities attract degenerates or produce them? Probably it's what Marxists would call "a dialectical relationship."
Cities, especially major Cities, can turn you into a literal sociopath. So much demonic energy is present in American cities.

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Do you have a legit/visa way to get to the US? I'm talking about an authorized work permit or Permanent Resident Alien status? If not, living in the US as an illegal worker has some difficulties (but obviously it is done all the time). For a white European, I would not expect to be passed through the border easily.

To my understanding, EE countries don't get visas to come to the US easily. Our immigration rules are heavily prejudiced against European immigrants in the last few decades.
I'm studying possible ways how to get permanent residency, but naturally, there is no easy and sure way. Even getting there would be a challenge due to vax requirement and constantly changing law.

I was thinking about buying a small property somewhere in a rural part of the red states (foreigners can buy property legally, just owning doesn't change, unfortunately, legal residence status).
I like the idea of homesteading, off-grid living too. Joining the local church is a good idea.

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
For those looking to come to the US from Europe, please find a way for us to trade places. I would rather fight for my rights at this moment than be last in line as I watch the decline from this cultural hellhole.

However, when you do arrive...

Don't be alarmed though when you get over here, turn on your TV, and see black people in nearly every commercial and TV show. They're still only 13% of the population; although you will be tempted to believe otherwise.

Also, you're going to want to bring your girlfriend/wife with you as you will soon find yourself utterly repulsed by American women and will have little to no interest in dating or marrying any of them. Intelligent conversations with the opposite sex will soon be a thing of the past for you.

Do you admire the beautiful European architecture in your town as you sip on your latte at your favorite cafe? Well...bad news. The US is only capable of making ugly strip malls...which coincidentally is probably where you'll be getting your lattes from now on.

I hope you enjoy your new home here in the good ol' US of A.

vatuvei

Pigeon
Only via land border, tested, for the essential purpose, and only to the end of January, I think. Then vax only.
Essential purpose seems to be defined as mostly emergency personnel or truck drivers. For those looking to beat the January deadline, would it be possible to hitch with a truckie? or become temporary truckie? Any other 'business' reason that could be perceived as essential?

Dobaata

Pigeon
Orthodox
I'm studying possible ways how to get permanent residency, but naturally, there is no easy and sure way. Even getting there would be a challenge due to vax requirement and constantly changing law.

I was thinking about buying a small property somewhere in a rural part of the red states (foreigners can buy property legally, just owning doesn't change, unfortunately, legal residence status).
I like the idea of homesteading, off-grid living too. Joining the local church is a good idea.
Wanted to bump this thread to know if it's still possible to fly to the US without a vaccination. If not, then what are the alternatives? My wife is a US citizen, but I'm not. And we are planning to move to the US with the children.

WanderingProtagonist

Sparrow
Orthodox
For those looking to come to the US from Europe, please find a way for us to trade places. I would rather fight for my rights at this moment than be last in line as I watch the decline from this cultural hellhole.

However, when you do arrive...

Don't be alarmed though when you get over here, turn on your TV, and see black people in nearly every commercial and TV show. They're still only 13% of the population; although you will be tempted to believe otherwise.

Also, you're going to want to bring your girlfriend/wife with you as you will soon find yourself utterly repulsed by American women and will have little to no interest in dating or marrying any of them. Intelligent conversations with the opposite sex will soon be a thing of the past for you.

Do you admire the beautiful European architecture in your town as you sip on your latte at your favorite cafe? Well...bad news. The US is only capable of making ugly strip malls...which coincidentally is probably where you'll be getting your lattes from now on.

I hope you enjoy your new home here in the good ol' US of A.
I've not watched tv in years to even be aware that this was going on. I can honestly say this is probably why so many people rather just pirate everything vs paying for it. If you pay for it, you're definitely supporting what they're doing.

Mercury

Sparrow
Catholic
I am probably qualified to comment on this as I moved to the greater DC area from Western Europe 6 months ago. There are pros and cons to both sides.

American culture is more politically extreme than European culture. Feminist activists, abortion activists, BLM and pretty much every other group is far more active in US than Europe by magnitudes. Everyone has their opinion and believes you need to hear it.

There is a level of aggression in America that doesn't exist in Europe. USA is a winner take all society where most folks are losers. This brings out the worst in people. People are stressed to the max, and inflation is only exacerbating this. Lots of folks seem ready to fight if you look at them the wrong way. As a precaution I've stepped up how I arm myself as well as prepping for physical altercations when not armed (BJJ, Striking classes). People in Europe are just more...calm.

In Europe, we were in an extremely conservative Bishopric, and more times than not our child was the only one in our Church. Families do show up for major holidays, baptisms and first communions but that is about it. The board of baptisms and funerals was telling. There were more immigrant kids on that board than native born, and more deaths than births overall. We only found lots of kids at the FSSP parish, but folks are far more insular than US. They don't generally accept newcomers and making connections was difficult. This would present problems with my child as she aged into her teen years. Meanwhile, we have an active conservative parish here with parallel organizations (American Heritage Girls, for example) that provide based connections for kids growing up. Free range children in Europe is accepted, where that will get you thrown in jail in USA. I believe firmly this is a huge impact on how kids see the world as they age. Dating is far easier in Europe than USA (I never needed to as I am married but anecdotal interactions and second hand stories from friends are my sources on this).

I am in arguably a fairly liberal American area and yet am not choked off by it. Even in California, 40% of people vote Red. I have come to believe (as a Catholic) that the quality of your bishop will impact your experience. Ours in here in the DC Area (not Wilton Gregory, the other one) is a very solid one, producing a large number of seminarians.

I miss Europe, and think about it much. The first 3 months here were really difficult. I have the option to go back at any time however I am not sure I will though yet. The longer I stay in America the more comfortable I am becoming to the idea of staying.

Maddox

Kingfisher
Protestant
I am probably qualified to comment on this as I moved to the greater DC area from Western Europe 6 months ago. There are pros and cons to both sides.

American culture is more politically extreme than European culture. Feminist activists, abortion activists, BLM and pretty much every other group is far more active in US than Europe by magnitudes. Everyone has their opinion and believes you need to hear it.

There is a level of aggression in America that doesn't exist in Europe. USA is a winner take all society where most folks are losers. This brings out the worst in people. People are stressed to the max, and inflation is only exacerbating this. Lots of folks seem ready to fight if you look at them the wrong way. As a precaution I've stepped up how I arm myself as well as prepping for physical altercations when not armed (BJJ, Striking classes). People in Europe are just more...calm.

In Europe, we were in an extremely conservative Bishopric, and more times than not our child was the only one in our Church. Families do show up for major holidays, baptisms and first communions but that is about it. The board of baptisms and funerals was telling. There were more immigrant kids on that board than native born, and more deaths than births overall. We only found lots of kids at the FSSP parish, but folks are far more insular than US. They don't generally accept newcomers and making connections was difficult. This would present problems with my child as she aged into her teen years. Meanwhile, we have an active conservative parish here with parallel organizations (American Heritage Girls, for example) that provide based connections for kids growing up. Free range children in Europe is accepted, where that will get you thrown in jail in USA. I believe firmly this is a huge impact on how kids see the world as they age. Dating is far easier in Europe than USA (I never needed to as I am married but anecdotal interactions and second hand stories from friends are my sources on this).

I am in arguably a fairly liberal American area and yet am not choked off by it. Even in California, 40% of people vote Red. I have come to believe (as a Catholic) that the quality of your bishop will impact your experience. Ours in here in the DC Area (not Wilton Gregory, the other one) is a very solid one, producing a large number of seminarians.

I miss Europe, and think about it much. The first 3 months here were really difficult. I have the option to go back at any time however I am not sure I will though yet. The longer I stay in America the more comfortable I am becoming to the idea of staying.

What city/country did you come from?

Do you find that DC is ugly compared to the cities in Europe?

darknavigator

Woodpecker
Catholic
Actually, because I am a theologian not yet married I thought at some point for going in America if I wouldn`t find a good cause to fight for here (a country in east Europe) but this is like going into the eye storm now. Not mentioning the vaccination.
I will repeat what I said here. Metropolitan Neophitos of Morphou (Cyprus) said afer consulting at least one hesychast , probably more than one : `If people from America would know what comes, half of them would run away` (quite recent declaration). According to other discoveries, new Sodom and Gomore (NY and Los Ang.) will be punished. So, probably, red states and many rural arias will be better.
A Romanian bishop from US, coming here at a monastery in Bucharest said : ` You are rich.Is so much grace here. In America young people are lost`. That because you have got children.
And here American priest Stephen Holley , (and his wife) after receiving a distinction from the metropolitan of Iași, Romania, stating that he would never exchange back Romania for America.

"A Romanian bishop from US, coming here at a monastery in Bucharest said : ` You are rich.Is so much grace here. In America young people are lost`. That because you have got children. And here American priest Stephen Holley , (and his wife) after receiving a distinction from the m etropolitan of Iași, Romania, stating that he would never exchange back Romania for America"

Romanians can afford to be all self righteous when they live in the second poorest country in the European Union. I live in Ireland and we used to be the same way (back when the country was poor). I worked with a Romanian here (nice guy) and he was completely down with the globalist agenda. Just wait until Romania develops economically and you'll see Romanians becoming just as godless as everyone else in Europe.