Moving to the United States

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian
American culture is more politically extreme than European culture. Feminist activists, abortion activists, BLM and pretty much every other group is far more active in US than Europe by magnitudes. Everyone has their opinion and believes you need to hear it.

There is a level of aggression in America that doesn't exist in Europe. USA is a winner take all society where most folks are losers. This brings out the worst in people. People are stressed to the max, and inflation is only exacerbating this. Lots of folks seem ready to fight if you look at them the wrong way. As a precaution I've stepped up how I arm myself as well as prepping for physical altercations when not armed (BJJ, Striking classes). People in Europe are just more...calm.
Good report. I'm glad you shared your experience. I changed my plans and would be going to South America instead. (God willing)

This insane period of human history is just accelerating its free fall, and I feel disconnected from a western civilization more than before. Seeing adult men driving cars alone with N95 respirators, or walking the streets and looking at me with scared eyes behind the mask because I'm not muzzled, well, that is like being in a bad sci-fi movie.

And now, these triple vaxxed, masked, scared of 3-day flu, people are calling for the annihilation of a whole Russia without the slightest realization of what they wish for.

Living among patients in a big psychiatric ward is not fun anymore, and I would rather take my chances with mosquitos in the jungle, than with this evil, idiotic system, which forces me to have a QR covid pass for buying a "non-essential" pair of socks.

COtrailrider

Robin
Gnostic or New Age
Good report. I'm glad you shared your experience. I changed my plans and would be going to South America instead. (God willing)

This insane period of human history is just accelerating its free fall, and I feel disconnected from a western civilization more than before. Seeing adult men driving cars alone with N95 respirators, or walking the streets and looking at me with scared eyes behind the mask because I'm not muzzled, well, that is like being in a bad sci-fi movie.

And now, these triple vaxxed, masked, scared of 3-day flu, people are calling for the annihilation of a whole Russia without the slightest realization of what they wish for.

Living among patients in a big psychiatric ward is not fun anymore, and I would rather take my chances with mosquitos in the jungle, than with this evil, idiotic system, which forces me to have a QR covid pass for buying a "non-essential" pair of socks.
Hate to break it to you, but Latin America fully bought into the scamdemic. At least in America many places like Arizona had little mask compliance but where I'm at in LatAm the masking is horrendous. They seem to enjoy their servitude, many of them. Today I saw several double-masked up people. Most wear them outside on the street even. It's not uncommon for staff to give you hand sanitizer before entering - even though it's been known really from the start that it's not spread that way.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian

It seems like that "report" was based heavily on big city America. Much of rural and small town America can be sleepy and high trust. Not sure why you would goto LatAm to avoid crime and confrontation?

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian

It seems like that "report" was based heavily on big city America. Much of rural and small town America can be sleepy and high trust. Most this things would be true in cities like Paris and London as well. Not sure why you would goto LatAm to avoid crime, chaos, and confrontation?

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Wanted to bump this thread to know if it's still possible to fly to the US without a vaccination. If not, then what are the alternatives? My wife is a US citizen, but I'm not. And we are planning to move to the US with the children.
No. Vaccination is required. Negative covid test also required, though this may expire in April. Perhaps you could enter at a land border; many rules are not enforced at land borders (this is universally true). Mexicans can even cross freely as much as they want at land borders if they live in a border town and apply for an easily-granted card.

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian
Hate to break it to you, but Latin America fully bought into the scamdemic. At least in America many places like Arizona had little mask compliance but where I'm at in LatAm the masking is horrendous. They seem to enjoy their servitude, many of them. Today I saw several double-masked up people. Most wear them outside on the street even. It's not uncommon for staff to give you hand sanitizer before entering - even though it's been known really from the start that it's not spread that way.
I'm aware of their submissive attitude regarding wearing masks. But also, it seems that these LATAM nations are obeying govt rules pretty loose, use cash mostly, have low internet penetration, and are lacking western SJW activism. And they have a warm climate, plenty of food and water.

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian
It seems like that "report" was based heavily on big city America. Much of rural and small town America can be sleepy and high trust. Most this things would be true in cities like Paris and London as well. Not sure why you would goto LatAm to avoid crime, chaos, and confrontation?
Rural midwest small town was always my dream, and nothing changed about it. But I have to be realistic too. My life as an illegal alien here would be very limited, with the always-present possibility of being deported. When I was 20 and single, I didn't mind having unlawful adventures, but now I have a family.
Things in EE are going downhill fast with the possibility of armed conflict with Russia in the near future, and that would mean, I'll be drafted surely because I served. And sorry, my corrupted European Union, I wouldn't fight for your gay values, no matter what.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Only via land border, tested, for the essential purpose, and only to the end of January, I think. Then vax only.
I think there are a couple exemptions as well, one is for medical reasons and one is for religious reasons. Also, if you happen to come from a country where it is not widely available. So maybe before you come here you can go fly to Central Africa or something lol.

Things in EE are going downhill fast with the possibility of armed conflict with Russia in the near future, and that would mean, I'll be drafted surely because I served. And sorry, my corrupted European Union, I wouldn't fight for your gay values, no matter what.
I was looking at some places that still seem like good options, maybe you could weigh in on this for me. Countries that are not NATO or EU like Belarus, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Georgia, etc. Even some EU countries like Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria seem nice. Have you considered all these options, and do you think that they will all be bad in the future? I'm in the U.S. but looking to leave and considering Central America or Eastern Europe/Balkans.

Last edited:

Liviu

Robin
Orthodox
Just wait until Romania develops economically and you'll see Romanians becoming just as godless as everyone else in Europe.
It`s interesting that an asociate professor at Faculty of Theology (Orthodox) in Bucharest told us at course what an European said to him : `Wait to see what will happen when prosperity will hit you`. So you are not the only one with this opinion.
Well, you have a point, prosperity reached to us, and in some way already happened what you say. For example, the referendum for declaring that family can only be formed from a man and a woman didn`t pass (because were`nt 30% of population at vote). And Constitutional Court decided that reliogion classes in school are optional (they were mandatory).The declaration of that bishop was about ten years ago.Somehow is still valid. But yes, there are signs some things changed. By the way, someone said that thinks that if Ireland would have had the option of choosing would have been orthodox not catholic.
Well, another Irish , who fell in love with Romania and lives here said Romania (Peter Hurley, you can google him) has five distict features: 1. The language.
2. The Christian faith. 3. The traditions. 4. The Carpathian mountains. 5.The spirit of sacrifice. He said that is important that Romania to keep its traditions live because in Ireland there are appreciated but old community style of life meaning live traditions do no live anymore.
I think Romania will resist much better in the future regarding faith that did Ireland if you don`t mind.

And, by the way, Romania is no more the second poorest country in European Union. You have to update your information. At GDP per capita in PPP (purchasing parity power), which is more realistic than simple GDP, Romania outclassed Croatia and Greece in 2021.Check this

And, at the average salary in EU in PPP, Romania outclassed also Croatia and Greece . Check here and watch the third map:

Note that the PPP chart is the most realistic because shows what you really can buy with that money in that country,not just showing simple number comparison.

And I saw a chart in which at average salary in PPP Romania outclassed even Hungary and was at a nail of Portugal.

Last edited:

Mercury

Sparrow
Catholic

You are correct that my experiences are based upon a major metropolitan area in the United States. My European experience was a sub 500K smaller city. Larger cities in Europe nearby had far more rot. Many smaller towns in America are more high trust and less aggressive than at least DC is. The problem the OP will have in the Midwest or smaller towns is simply jobs are nowhere near as plentiful as the coastal regions.

As someone married to a Hispanic immigrant born in Latin America, your issue is going to be security in the big cities. My last time there on business was 3 weeks ago and I inquired on that topic extensively with folks, With and inflation and food prices rising quickly, this is bringing out the worst in folks. Previously safe public transport (in this case Transmillenio) you'd have to be crazy to get on now. However I had no issue on the Mexico City metro beyond more staring than before.

Unless you are in a Baltic country or Moldova, I am uncertain if you are stepping into a safer situation with Russia. DC here is probably one of the top places to get nuked should the war escalate.

Mercury

Sparrow
Catholic
Do you guys think blue states should be avaoided across the board?
I wouldn't say avoided totally, but a lot of thought and research needs to go into where you are going. Just plunging into a place like Dallas because red state might just land you in a world of new world liberalism by accident. That said, be strategic about it. What are the churches like? What is the philosophy and scandals of the local bishop? Where is your child going to school? I mean even the parochial schools here had a large difference in theological quality.

Mercury

Sparrow
Catholic
It`s interesting that an asociate professor at Faculty of Theology (Orthodox) in Bucharest told us at course what an European said to him : `Wait to see what will happen when prosperity will hit you`. So you are not the only one with this opinion.
Well, you have a point, prosperity reached to us, and in some way already happened what you say. For example, the referendum for declaring that family can only be formed from a man and a woman didn`t pass (because were`nt 30% of population at vote). And Constitutional Court decided that reliogion classes in school are optional (they were mandatory).The declaration of that bishop was about ten years ago.Somehow is still valid. But yes, there are signs some things changed. By the way, someone said that thinks that if Ireland would have had the option of choosing would have been orthodox not catholic.
Well, another Irish , who fell in love with Romania and lives here said Romania (Peter Hurley, you can google him) has five distict features: 1. The language.
2. The Christian faith. 3. The traditions. 4. The Carpathian mountains. 5.The spirit of sacrifice. He said that is important that Romania to keep its traditions live because in Ireland there are appreciated but old community style of life meaning live traditions do no live anymore.
I think Romania will resist much better in the future regarding faith that did Ireland if you don`t mind.

And, by the way, Romania is no more the second poorest country in European Union. You have to update your information. At GDP per capita in PPP (purchasing parity power), which is more realistic than simple GDP, Romania outclassed Croatia and Greece in 2021.Check this

And I saw a chart in which at average salary in PPP Romania outclassed even Hungary and was at a nail of Portugal.

Charles Taylor did a fantastic job in his 2008 Book, A Secular Age dispelling the link between economic development and religious belief. If it was a straight line, he argues, then why are Middle Eastern countries still highly religious?

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I think there are a couple exemptions as well, one is for medical reasons and one is for religious reasons. Also, if you happen to come from a country where it is not widely available. So maybe before you come here you can go fly to Central Africa or something lol.

I was looking at some places that still seem like good options, maybe you could weigh in on this for me. Countries that are not NATO or EU like Belarus, Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Moldova, Georgia, etc. Even some EU countries like Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria seem nice. Have you considered all these options, and do you think that they will all be bad in the future? I'm in the U.S. but looking to leave and considering Central America or Eastern Europe/Balkans.
I traveled extensively around the whole of Europe and the Balkans many times, and you can see traces of past wars everywhere. From Estonias bunkers on the baltic sea, all the way down to Greece. But because there wasn't a major war since 1946, people tend to forget history. Though there was a cold war, uprisings, and the Yugoslavian war.

Last week I visited during my bike tour an old abandoned military memorial and cemetery near my city. There are hundreds of graves marked as "unknown". These people died in late summer 1944. Their date of death is also unknown (only a month). That means they were found in the forests or scattered in the country dead, and nobody even knows, who, when, and how died.
All these ordinary people died towards the end of the war. They lived in this region all the time since the start of ww2 in 1939, never escaped anywhere, and probably thought that they would be fine when they managed to survive so far.

This Friday, one Ukrainian family was buying some stuff from me, and when I asked them about the situation on the ground, they showed me fresh pictures on the phone of the shelled house of their parents who refused to leave. They survived so far, but how long?
Pestilence, war, famine is creeping on this continent again.

If you could live in Idaho or Montana, why choose Belarus or Serbia instead?

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
The problem the OP will have in the Midwest or smaller towns is simply jobs are nowhere near as plentiful as the coastal regions.
I disagree. I wanted to tell the FOB immigrants driving Uber 90 hours in week in CA and sharing apartments with extended family, that they could move to the midwest and work half the hours and enjoy a dignified living space. Sure, some small towns have been hallowed out, but in general the midwest offers more opportunities for entry level and/or unskilled labor. Places like California and the Northeast BOS-NYC-DC corridor (pre-Covid at least) typically are more competitive markets for unskilled and entry level labor. During my time in CA, I noticed there was sometimes this assumption that the midwest is some hallowed out rust belt of meth addicts and farm land, which seemed to be a sort of justification for putting up with pathetic housing situations and long working hours. I realize now, labor is in demand everywhere, but I'm speaking in pre-Covid terms. There are plenty of thriving areas of the midwest, both urban and small town that people completely overlook in favor of the rust-belt/meth-head narrative.

Pilgrim of the East

Banned
Protestant
Charles Taylor did a fantastic job in his 2008 Book, A Secular Age dispelling the link between economic development and religious belief. If it was a straight line, he argues, then why are Middle Eastern countries still highly religious?
because they aren't free. Also, it's quite a lot about keeping the appearances. Young generation isn't too religious even there.

Don Quixote

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I traveled extensively around the whole of Europe and the Balkans many times, and you can see traces of past wars everywhere. From Estonias bunkers on the baltic sea, all the way down to Greece. But because there wasn't a major war since 1946, people tend to forget history. Though there was a cold war, uprisings, and the Yugoslavian war.

Last week I visited during my bike tour an old abandoned military memorial and cemetery near my city. There are hundreds of graves marked as "unknown". These people died in late summer 1944. Their date of death is also unknown (only a month). That means they were found in the forests or scattered in the country dead, and nobody even knows, who, when, and how died.
All these ordinary people died towards the end of the war. They lived in this region all the time since the start of ww2 in 1939, never escaped anywhere, and probably thought that they would be fine when they managed to survive so far.

This Friday, one Ukrainian family was buying some stuff from me, and when I asked them about the situation on the ground, they showed me fresh pictures on the phone of the shelled house of their parents who refused to leave. They survived so far, but how long?
Pestilence, war, famine is creeping on this continent again.

If you could live in Idaho or Montana, why choose Belarus or Serbia instead?
America is not safe either, it is definitely going to get nuked if this conflict spreads into NATO countries. So I consider it on the same level. Maybe if you are in the mountains of Idaho or Montana you'd be safe. Right now I am living in a really small box apartment in Florida, as I escaped here from a blue state. My concern with America is that it is incredibly unstable, it reminds me of pre-Bolshevist Russia. It's getting worse daily, and when there's a sufficient justification (martial law, ww3, a new worse virus, etc.), there will be anarchy here that will lead to a tyranny that will be awful. In short, America in my opinion, along with the EU, is a part of this Antichrist system that is slowly forming. I don't think it is viable unless you're living off grid in the mountains maybe.

I thought maybe somehow a new union would form in Europe in Eastern Europe or Balkans, or maybe places like Serbia would remain independent. I guess you think it is wishful thinking? I was also hopeful because even though Europe had tough lockdowns and mandates, the Balkans largely refused to obey, and they are Orthodox. So, I guess the main question is whether the war will overtake these countries or whether they will remain unscathed. Because culturally I think they are quite good.

Parmesan

Kingfisher
Other Christian
America is not safe either, it is definitely going to get nuked if this conflict spreads into NATO countries. So I consider it on the same level. Maybe if you are in the mountains of Idaho or Montana you'd be safe. Right now I am living in a really small box apartment in Florida, as I escaped here from a blue state. My concern with America is that it is incredibly unstable, it reminds me of pre-Bolshevist Russia. It's getting worse daily, and when there's a sufficient justification (martial law, ww3, a new worse virus, etc.), there will be anarchy here that will lead to a tyranny that will be awful. In short, America in my opinion, along with the EU, is a part of this Antichrist system that is slowly forming. I don't think it is viable unless you're living off grid in the mountains maybe.
America is one of the only Western, rich countries with significant areas of sprawling land and nature where you could realistically "hold up" on your own or in a small community. I guess Canada as well, but as we've seen, freedom is tenuous there already. A fair amount of rural and red America could conceivably form a sort of "red front" to counter coastal elites, life could realistically go on in relative peace in some of these areas like Wymoing, Oklahoma, Idaho, etc. If civil war ensued, it would be near impossible to ever reign in a large portion of the US, it's too sprawled and decentralized. I'd probably still take my chances in a rural red state before going somewhere like LatAm, where you might be able to avoid conflict, but it will be much more challenging to attempt to blend in and go off grid if you need to.

COtrailrider

Robin
Gnostic or New Age
I'm aware of their submissive attitude regarding wearing masks. But also, it seems that these LATAM nations are obeying govt rules pretty loose, use cash mostly, have low internet penetration, and are lacking western SJW activism. And they have a warm climate, plenty of food and water.
Completely agree on the other points you brought up - I'm in MX and have been bringing up the same positives on this forum and elsewhere. The lack of wokeness and cash-based economies make these countries a haven from the West. You just happened to bring up the triple-masked in cars so that's why I pointed that out. Which countries are you looking at?

COtrailrider

Robin
Gnostic or New Age

I thought maybe somehow a new union would form in Europe in Eastern Europe or Balkans, or maybe places like Serbia would remain independent. I guess you think it is wishful thinking? I was also hopeful because even though Europe had tough lockdowns and mandates, the Balkans largely refused to obey, and they are Orthodox. So, I guess the main question is whether the war will overtake these countries or whether they will remain unscathed. Because culturally I think they are quite good.
Joel Skousen wrote a book called 'Strategic Relocation' that breaks down various global events (e.g. pandemic, nuclear war) and where would be best. Idaho/Montana/Wyoming (aka the American Redoubt) came out on top across all variables. You can find a PDF version online but his most recent revision I think you'd need to buy. It's a fascinating read and I highly recommend it - he also has podcasts/interviews that you can find online.

I traveled extensively through this region last summer and they are good people, albeit a bit standoffish to non-locals. Montana especially. I prefer Idaho. Lots of people up there with guns, land, food, and are equipped to handle a variety of circumstances.

fortyfive

Kingfisher
Other Christian

North America maybe will never experience conventional war and enemy invasion because of geography and size, but there would be in the future a nuclear war very probably. Russians already used hypersonic missiles in Ukraine, and there is no defense against it.
Europe wouldn't avoid either of it. Corrupted EE political puppets are poking the Russian bear every day with the endorsement of euro Atlantic masters, and I think, baltic countries, Poland, and EE countries around Ukraine would be soon or later sacrificed as a battlefield and buffer zone against Russia by elites. And rebuilt by marshal plan 2.0 later.
Our politicians are doing everything for more confrontation, sending weapons, and now they want to destroy the economy by turning off Russian gas and oil despite almost 100% reliance.
People think, they are just stupid, but it's not true. They are evil, and they are doing it by design.

The Balkan is based and culturally not spoiled as the west, but they have their own problems too. I have friends in Croatia and Serbia, and these nations hate each other after a civil war and both hate Muslims and Albanians. There will be again war one day.

I think, in these times is best to avoid the main axis of conflicts and the incoming beast system. US-EU-RU-China and middle east.