Music Thread

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
My musical tastes are all over the place. I tend to like songs rather than genres. Probably the only group I’ve been consistently a fan of every album is The Newsboys. They never fail to put out an enjoyable product. I LOVE the video of Orchestra Baobab posted! They sound like they’d be perfect to paint to. Edited to say I just ordered 2 of their CDs on eBay.

Last edited:

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
My musical tastes are all over the place. I tend to like songs rather than genres. Probably the only group I’ve been consistently a fan of every album is The Newsboys. They never fail to put out an enjoyable product. I LOVE the video of Orchestra Baobab posted! They sound like they’d be perfect to paint to. Edited to say I just ordered 2 of their CDs on eBay.
I went to at least two, maybe three Newsboys concerts when Peter Furler was the lead singer. They put on a very, very good show.

Starlight

Woodpecker
Woman
Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed or worried I sing (I sing a lot during my days at home lol) “What a friend we have in Jesus.” The first time I heard this hymn was before I was a Christian and was staying long term with an Anabaptist family as a 4/5/6 year old.

I remember being in the church which was made completely of wood and white washed with only windows for natural light. The floor boards were natural wood planks and all the pews were full of families rustling. Along the walls nearer the doors, the men would hang their dark hats. I remember the father of the family I stayed with and his beard. He always wore dark slacks, button up shirt, and vest even though he was a farmer and it was scorching hot. I thought he looked like a lion lol... That family and their devotion to God are what sculpted me as a Christian and I thank God for my childhood misfortunes most everyday because of them.

A few other hymns from that poignant time of my life:

Last edited:

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
^^^ I love all of those!!! I think I've sung all of those in various choirs over the years. I sing hymns a lot myself... one of the things I sometimes miss about Mormon church!

I'm really shy about singing, and I often wish I wasn't quite so much! I really don't like to do it when anybody can hear me, unless I'm singing in a group. Large choirs are ideal. I sang in a quartet once that dwindled to a duet, as part of a larger group performance, and even that had me tied in knots. I recently wrote a song (or it wrote itself in my head, anyway - just words and a tune), and I find myself singing that a lot, too. I wish I had the know-how, and more importantly the nerve to do it up and record it nicely. Maybe someday!

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed or worried I sing (I sing a lot during my days at home lol) “What a friend we have in Jesus.” The first time I heard this hymn was before I was a Christian and was staying long term with an Anabaptist family as a 4/5/6 year old.

I remember being in the church which was made completely of wood and white washed with only windows for natural light. The floor boards were natural wood planks and all the pews were full of families rustling. Along the walls nearer the doors, the men would hang their dark hats. I remember the father of the family I stayed with and his beard. He always wore dark slacks, button up shirt, and vest even though he was a farmer and it was scorching hot. I thought he looked like a lion lol... That family and their devotion to God are what sculpted me as a Christian and I thank God for my childhood misfortunes most everyday because of them.
That must have been quite the experience for you as a young child. I've always admired anabaptist communities and their strong faith and reliance on God.

Camellia

Pigeon
Woman
What a great thread!! I don't know any of the artists you guys mentioned, but I will totally check them out. I normally listen to classical music, country (wyep has a terrific program on Sunday nights called American roots), Argentine tango and folk music, bossa nova, 70's, 80's and 90' music.

SchoolApple

Sparrow
Woman
Great thread Idea - we should do scriptures and parables on another thread.

Here are a few artists picked up since moving away from anything having to do with the satanic music industry :blush: .
Child friendly too:

Since listening to Christian music, choir, and hymns it feels like always being in a great mood regardless of the negativity out there.
All of these artists are played on our radio stations (total of 6 in the area).

And I still listen to my all time favourite artist:
  • Ray Lamontagne
I read that Laura Daigle supports gay marriage

messaggera

Woodpecker
Woman
I read that Laura Daigle supports gay marriage

Although she has a beautiful voice there have been times when I have questioned her being authentic. So I started reading about her, and did come across some articles where she discusses (avoids answering) her views homosexuality.

Jude 1:22–23

Yes, marriage has been destroyed by secular progressive movements. Why was civil union (state) not enough?

SchoolApple

Sparrow
Woman
Although she has a beautiful voice there have been times when I have questioned her being authentic. So I started reading about her, and did come across some articles where she discusses (avoids answering) her views homosexuality.

Yes, marriage has been destroyed by secular progressive movements. Why was civil union (state) not enough?
As soon as I saw Youtube allow her to trend, I knew.

muhtea

Robin
Woman
Richie Blackmore finally plays the music he wanted to play instead of that crappy rock he did for years. I think this kind of evolution is the mark of an actual artist and musician.

I wish the bass in these wasn't so poorly rendered by YouTube but that's what you get!

Last edited:

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman

To quote my smart mom circa 1979 give or take a year—“They don’t want equal rights, they want special rights”. We’ve now determined she was off by one right. They want the right to be tyrants.

Van Morrison has been writing anti-lockdown songs, a few of which were released for streaming last year, to shitlibs' hair immediately self-combusting. And now they hate (and basically want to kill, because that is their wont), the guy they once lionized. From the looks of these song titles, I think his next album, a double, to be released in May is going to be great.

156884088_10222905610180649_7779311673196935563_o.jpg