My suburb is getting pozzed and I would like to avoid confrontation and stay out of trouble. Tips?

stugatz

Pelican
Well, interesting development. We had a fire at my apartment complex this Saturday, and we all got pulled out of bed at 4 AM as the fire department came. It was excruciating.

I met multiple people that night and ended up getting turned on to a Facebook group that's made up of a few hundred disgruntled residents - our complex, as I earlier said, has had to deal with local crime and garage break-ins. On top of that, it's a very predatory company that runs the apartment, and it's nosediving quickly.

I guess crisis is the closest thing we all have these days to community. We wouldn't have all been in contact with each other if we didn't have a mutual problem. But I'll take it.

Mark-David

Pigeon
If you want to stay in this area, I agree with the poster above who suggested getting a dog.

You sound similar to me in personality type, in which case you're probably a ticking time bomb in terms of eventually reacting to provocation.

I'd leave the area. You'll keep yourself safe while helping to accelerate the righteous decline of an area that has wilfully given itself over to degeneracy. Don't look back.

stugatz

Pelican
If you want to stay in this area, I agree with the poster above who suggested getting a dog.

You sound similar to me in personality type, in which case you're probably a ticking time bomb in terms of eventually reacting to provocation.
How exactly? I assume you tend to be a hothead that has trouble with getting insulted without a response? How have you dealt with it yourself? Have you learned to avoid?

For now, I sadly have no choice but to stay. This area is probably going to continue declining in the coming years, but as it's still overwhelmingly white I do at least have a lot to fall back on for now. I'll avoid any areas that might be trouble for me, including...ugh...areas in my complex that I ought to be able to use.

It's nice having a group of mostly likeminded apartment residents that I recently connected with. Mostly, posts on their Facebook page deal with stuff like complaining about bad management, and letting each other know of crime incidents in the area surrounding us - garage break-ins, suspicious people, etc.

Maybe it's a good thing that they tend to be more paranoid than I do. There are whispers among them that our fire last week was arson, and that management is lying through their teeth. I may pursue some kind of police report on this to see if we were lied to - if so, I think many of us can break our leases early and collectively sue the hell out of the company.

Mark-David

Pigeon
The short answer on how I've handled provocation is that I haven't done it well. Probably the worst example was when I was 21 and a gang of three started insulting a friend I was with. My girlfriend at the time was also with us. My friend, who these guys apparently constantly harassed while he worked at a local store, is extremely meek. I'm not. I warned them three times to leave us alone. It escalated until they started throwing rocks at us. One hit my girlfriend. I dropped what I was holding and ran at the group. One ran away, one stood to the side, and one continued running his mouth. I punched him, he went down, and I kicked him in the groin probably around ten times. About a week later, my friend contacted me to say the police had been out to visit him and wanted to know my name. The guy I hit had made a police complaint alleging he'd been "jumped" while "cycling alone." He'd been in hospital because he couldn't urinate for two days due to swelling. I gave a voluntary interview and was never charged because the police didn't buy his story.

I've had similar experiences since then, but nothing as serious as involving police. I'm a hot head by nature and have tended to engage in any pissing contest I'm invited to, regardless of numbers on the other side. This isn't remotely sensible however. As I've gotten older I've just started avoiding areas where I know this kind of thing might happen. The problem with flashpoints is that demonstrating too much avoidance/meekness actually invites attack, as seen in the case of my friend. Had he stood up for himself a lot earlier and marked out his boundaries, that particular episode may never have happened.

SVK

Woodpecker
What does it mean "pozzed"?

My neighborhood is getting gentrified and I'm pretty happy about it, house value doubled since I bought it in 2015.

stugatz

Pelican
What does it mean "pozzed"?
I think it originally referred to people who had gotten infected with AIDS, and made HIV-positive, or "pozzed". It's a crude phrase and I should have probably used something else.

It more or less today is used to mean "ruined" or "tainted", crime is rising enough in this suburb where we're getting a junior version of what's going on in the cities.

Athanasius

Pelican
If you count the costs, on one side you get the satisfaction of standing up to low IQ kids. The other side is potentially getting killed or ending up in an altercation where will be persecuted by unjust, virtue-signalling authorities. Some blacks not only try to create altercations for a payout, but also to get a free pass to put a beatdown on whitey for disrespecting them. Those boys may have big brothers in the area. It's about guaranteed that if they come over one of them will "hear" you say a racial slur.

Risk avoidance can easily become a rationale for cowardice. "I don't stand up for righteousness at work because I could get fired." But the distinction to keep in mind is the motive. Are you making a wise, sober stand for righteousness or is it just your quick temper getting the better of you and tempting you to respond in low-value situation? It's not much smarter than getting abusive with police during a traffic stop.

Bluto

Kingfisher
GET OUT NOW. Why the hell are you even contemplating staying in that shithole of a state let alone suburb to that shithole city? If you have someone like an elderly mom then move her as well. There are plenty of places in the US where you can live that has better jobs, standard of living, and atmosphere.

Easy_C

Peacock
If you count the costs, on one side you get the satisfaction of standing up to low IQ kids. The other side is potentially getting killed or ending up in an altercation where will be persecuted by unjust, virtue-signalling authorities. Some blacks not only try to create altercations for a payout, but also to get a free pass to put a beatdown on whitey for disrespecting them

Having grown up in the Deep South:

Yes. They do. A lot of the trashier black People are acutely award of their victim status and will deliberately try to provoke conflicts in order to get benefits out of it. I recall one particular instance where a massive black lady provoked an argument at a restaurant in order to get a free meal.

Even wealthy suburbs are no longer safe from the leftist troublemakers and police won't often support you. Avoid suburbs of any large city. Move to a small conservative micropolitan (without a large college) instead and live a few miles out of town. This video made me realize that even 20-30 miles away and in an upper-class area is not safe if the main city is infected. Of course, this means fewer job opportunities and accepting a simpler lifestyle. This video made me angry because the man just wants to drive to his home and the protesters were too selfish to care and take 20 seconds to move to the side of the road and let him pass. This is a mild form of intimidation and totally unnecessary.

unit414

Robin
Having grown up in the Deep South:

Yes. They do. A lot of the trashier black People are acutely award of their victim status and will deliberately try to provoke conflicts in order to get benefits out of it. I recall one particular instance where a massive black lady provoked an argument at a restaurant in order to get a free meal.
Massive black lady. Generally that would be a redundant statement in the US. :D Hope I can state that truism.

This is a mob supported by local, state, and federal government as well as the police. They act with impunity and if they are challenged or even disturbed in their course of destruction, you go to jail. I’d say that’s beyond “mild.”
I was being sarcastic. Sometimes I like to downplay things as a joke. I wonder if that is what CNN is doing when they called the Kenosha riots 'mostly peaceful' protests while making the capital protest riot seem as the most serious attack in America since 9/11.

At first, I thought the guy should have driven on the grass to get around these people but then the policeman would give him a ticket for reckless driving. He is in a lose-lose situation. I bet when he bought his house, he thought he was moving to a safe and quiet neighborhood where he could escape the ills of the inner city. Ferguson, MO was also said to be nice in the 1970's. Another funny thing is that if he shouted 'white lives matter' at these 'peaceful protesters', he would be slammed as racist by the media and possibly lose his job. Leftists don't understand why this is hypocritical and undermines their message.

Stillwater, MN is only 1% black and 95% white. It seems that the only way to escape the BLM protesters (and leftist city and school officials that kowtow to their demands) is to move to a mostly Hispanic city (although crime might be high if the poverty rate is high). I guess the key is that Stillwater is a short drive from Minneapolis. Maybe a farm town 200 miles away will be a safer bet vs. a wealthy suburb.

stugatz

Pelican
I was being sarcastic. Sometimes I like to downplay things as a joke. I wonder if that is what CNN is doing when they called the Kenosha riots 'mostly peaceful' protests while making the capital protest riot seem as the most serious attack in America since 9/11.

At first, I thought the guy should have driven on the grass to get around these people but then the policeman would give him a ticket for reckless driving. He is in a lose-lose situation. I bet when he bought his house, he thought he was moving to a safe and quiet neighborhood where he could escape the ills of the inner city. Ferguson, MO was also said to be nice in the 1970's. Another funny thing is that if he shouted 'white lives matter' at these 'peaceful protesters', he would be slammed as racist by the media and possibly lose his job. Leftists don't understand why this is hypocritical and undermines their message.

Stillwater, MN is only 1% black and 95% white. It seems that the only way to escape the BLM protesters (and leftist city and school officials that kowtow to their demands) is to move to a mostly Hispanic city (although crime might be high if the poverty rate is high). I guess the key is that Stillwater is a short drive from Minneapolis. Maybe a farm town 200 miles away will be a safer bet vs. a wealthy suburb.
Funny you mention Stillwater - I went to high school there. (Not saying anything further than that other than I don't currently live there. Too close to doxxing myself as it is.)

That incident you mentioned shook the hell out of me. I somewhat often whined after my nature trail incident that "we should have just moved to Stillwater and eaten the extra cost". Seeing this footage made me realize there really is nowhere to run in this metro area, in a general sense - you either live in horribly crime-ridden areas, far less horribly crime-ridden areas, or generally quiet areas that are beginning to see incidents become more and more frequent.

I think you’re experiencing what most decent people (mostly white and Asian) in the U.S. are experiencing. I recently made the move to the suburbs as well but there’s nothing but 3000+ sq ft houses here so I’m able to relax. Unfortunately, that is the reality for decent folk...a large chunk of our wealth/income is dolled out just to put distance between us and the reprobates. If I could give a recommendation, it would be to get more involved in the firearm community. My wife and I wanted to carry protection so we started going to our local gun range where we have met some of the nicest and warmest people, that have became friends of ours. We now shoot about once a week and I hate to admit (not really, I say it every chance I get) that my wife is a better shot than me. Anyways, the gun community did two distinct things for us. It linked us up with like minded people who became close friends. It also made us more confident as people. Knowing how to handle and shoot well is a bit of confidence booster. We disassemble and clean our guns after every range trip. We run through crazy scenarios (what if x happened, how would you respond) when riding in the car, sitting at the house or out at the grocery store. It’s a great feeling knowing that you’re at least somewhat ready if it ever hit the fan one day.

N°6

Hummingbird
Minnesota isn’t the state of the Lindberghs anymore.

It’s always best to live where your jury would actually be your peers as opposed to politicised groups with a sense of righteous indignation.

stugatz

Pelican
Any update on your situation?
Essentially, just waiting it out. I believe I said on an earlier post that our lease was renewed a few months back before we began to have multiple problems here with terrible neighbors and local crime. (Sadly, the bad neighbors are all too often living in our apartment complex, it's not just the public housing. Trash isn't thrown out properly, I often enter the garbage room and see multiple bags sitting on the floor when the chute is two feet away and perfectly clear. Impulsively last week, left an extremely angry note with some profanity in it telling everyone to stop being a bunch of lazy pigs, and the garbage is to be placed IN the chute, not next to it or left in the hallway. Probably not a good idea, bad for the soul to do that too - but I don't like living in filth, or with people who don't know how to act like adults.)

Recent rash of car thefts in this suburb, too - like, 20 in a three day period last week. It's only slightly comforting to know that those car thefts were mostly cars where the complete moron of an owner left the keys in the ignition and parked in their driveway. I really, really hope that doesn't escalate to stuff like carjackings, I'd be in a big hurry then to move no matter what the financial cost.

My own personal situation - working at a local pub, doing pretty well and steadily improving the "dance" of working on the line. Raise achieved in my side gig, looking for a second service industry job nearer to home so I don't have to commute and can tuck even more money away. Trying to use enough extra money to save up for my own car and hopefully move further out in fall 2022. I've also got credit card debt hammering me that I want GONE - so as much as I complain about my current situation, I'm grateful to have the opportunity to do all of this.

Let's hope we don't have some disaster occur soon, like food prices spiraling out of control - cuz I'd then get canned at the pub, for sure, we probably wouldn't be able to afford five line cooks. I'm bracing myself for this Delta variant reducing our crowds and forcing me to work in a mask, plating nothing but to go orders.

Last edited: