My view on dating in the USA.....is this accurate?

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
My Ex did this with me too by breaking up with me over absolutely nothing. And then she got angry when I didn't fight for our "us."

Not sure if she was just testing to see how much I liked her or what, but she made no effort to get me back once I didn't fight for our relationship.
Seinfeld gave us the perfect model for how to handle a woman breaking up with you.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
Unrelated to the thread title, but related to dating American women in a foreign country or dating comparison between USA vs foreign country (i.e., Serbia, Russia).

media%2FE4KGIZhWEAMWxY3.jpg

media%2FE4KGIZiX0AIcgXY.jpg

media%2FFX0AromUUAcjwlC.jpg
media%2FFX0ArorVQAAAjSV.jpg

media%2FFX0ArowVEAAtTB-.jpg
media%2FFX0ArpNVUAElGPc.jpg

prisonplanet

Robin
Other Christian
Although that Kat Life in Serbia woman is getting a hard lesson in humility (probably for the best), that samirah lady in a way almost seems worse. She seems to have a very materialistic view of what femininity is. That it's about having long hair, manicures, etc. True femininity is an inner thing the same way masculinity is more about courage, honor, trade mastery, obedience to God, and less about tattoos, beards and pickup trucks.
They both seem off, but at least the Kat lady (no pun intended) is getting her humility lesson and could turn her life around. Things could work out a little TOO well for Samirah and she could just stay in her seemingly shallow outlook.

Jive Turkey

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Although that Kat Life in Serbia woman is getting a hard lesson in humility (probably for the best), that samirah lady in a way almost seems worse. She seems to have a very materialistic view of what femininity is. That it's about having long hair, manicures, etc. True femininity is an inner thing the same way masculinity is more about courage, honor, trade mastery, obedience to God, and less about tattoos, beards and pickup trucks.
They both seem off, but at least the Kat lady (no pun intended) is getting her humility lesson and could turn her life around. Things could work out a little TOO well for Samirah and she could just stay in her seemingly shallow outlook.
Yea her combative disposition is not a great look. She seems catty and insecure. Let us hope the Lord guides her

EuropeanCanon

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
I have found dating in the United States to be a demoralizing pursuit. I am not posting here to complain, but simply to gauge the accuracy of my observations/conclusions.

There are a few avenues an American man can take to meet women....

-Online dating
-"Going out" and "gaming"

I don't buy the whole meeting women at church. At the church I have attended the average age of women there is 50+.

That's besides the point....

The point is I have found American women to be extremely shallow, narcissistic, competitive, and judgmental. I say this as a fit, educated, and somewhat young (mid-twenties) man.

I am by no means perfect. However, I am sober enough in my thought to see that many women who would make below average mothers/mates have an inflated sense of self.

Again, I try to gauge the accuracy of my conclusions. I have spoken to other male friends and family members who have participated in modern dating.

Ghosting seems to be a very common theme. I have also had friends who have separated from long-term girlfriends only to see these women hop back on the hookup apps just weeks/months later.

When I step back and analyze this all from a macro perspective: In a post corona....mask wearing, social justice world the trend of dating will continue to move towards online (where the average man is steeply disadvantaged).

Through my twenties living in the United States the dating market has deteriorated more and more each year. I am open to reality checks......but this is the way I see it. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I think you have accurately summed up the situation. I have a son in his twenties who I told basically just forget about women in the sense of looking for one. I think most women now are basically trash (most men too as well) and that it is better to be alone than to be in relationship with a woman who is of the world. My advice is this: keep your standards high and do not compromise. If you meet a prospective wife be disciplined and different from all the unbelieving men she has met before, eg do not cave in because of lust. Tell her that you demand a traditional woman who is a christian and does not live as the unbelievers do, that includes social media. Hold out and if she will not convert and change then move on. Be brutal with yourself. Look I know this is a tall order but frankly I go back to my point about being better off alone than with a Jezebel who is going to try and destroy your faith. Things were bad in my day but social media and the fact that a woman can have a multitude of men giving her dopamine hits off the internet has made the whole thing incredibly decadent and perverse. I personally believe that by adopting this standard you will filter out anybody who is wasting your time immediately but if you meet a woman who can be salvaged you will actually be making yourself a lot more intriguing and valuable because even in the depths of sin righteousness has a natural attraction because it is what everyone wants deep down even if they don't know it.