My view on dating in the USA.....is this accurate?

Maddox

Robin
@Mikeyd03

Some thoughts -

Other venues exist:
- church (in view of your statement, it depends on the church you go to)
- the gym
- community/volunteer service
- farmer's markets
- social groups (i.e. like meetup if you can stomach the propaganda these mainstream organizations throw at you)

Ghosting is a recurring phenomenon. In general, most have no incentive nor accountability nowadays; that is simply something one needs to adapt to.

Post-corona online dating dynamics may change in my opinion.

Also, the social environment varies state to state, city to city, some more locked down than others.

Have you actually met girls at a farmer's market?

That's something I haven't tried yet...prolly because every time I've approached a woman in a Whole Foods/Sprouts type of market, I get no signs that the woman even wants to have a conversation. Making an innocent comment about a product she's looking at doesn't even get me a look me up and down from her to see if I'm her type. Instead, I just get a canned response that almost seems to say, "Are you really hitting on me at the grocery store while I'm trying to do my weekly shopping?"

Would you say 26 is too late?
Absolutely not. You are still in the "okay to fail" period of life, and you won't overly feel like "the old guy" learning new skills and training at new jobs among slightly younger men. If you are utterly aimless and lacked male influence, I'd still suggest the military despite the concerning wokeness. Otherwise look into getting on the list with various higher skilled trade unions. There are alot of high skill trades I wish I would have been aware of when I was younger. Most of them don't promote themselves and barely have websites. I'm speaking from a US perspective by the way.

Unless you are super passionate about it, I would avoid the temptation to pick up programming (a common thing for people looking for a hail mary career change). Not only is it generally a low-T, soy/woke environment, It's extremely saturated and the barrier to entry only get's harder every month and year that goes by. Similar things could be said of white collar STEM in general from what I've seen. Programming is a great skill, but don't expect any job from just picking up Python and/or JavaScript.

I also wouldn't be afraid to start or buy a small business just to gain experience. You don't have to married to it, but the responsibility and get up and go required will be a strong building block for the future.

Last edited:

SingularityOne

Robin
Orthodox
Absolutely not. You are still in the "okay to fail" period of life, and you won't overly feel like "the old guy" learning new skills and training at new jobs among slightly younger men. If you are utterly aimless and lacked male influence, I'd still suggest the military despite the concerning wokeness. Otherwise look into getting on the list with various higher skilled trade unions. There are alot of high skill trades I wish I would have been aware of when I was younger. Most of them don't promote themselves and barely have websites. I'm speaking from a US perspective by the way.

Unless you are super passionate about it, I would avoid the temptation to pick up programming (a common thing for people looking for a hail mary career change). Not only is it generally a low-T, soy/woke environment, It's extremely saturated and the barrier to entry only get's harder every month and year that goes by. Similar things could be said of white collar STEM in general from what I've seen. Programming is a great skill, but don't expect any job from just picking up Python and/or JavaScript.

I also wouldn't be afraid to start or buy a small business just to gain experience. You don't have to married to it, but the responsibility and get up and go required will be a strong building block for the future.
Oh, I was talking more regarding finding a good mate. But, yes, I’m in the US as well and will be starting a therapy private practice upon graduating from my masters degree in a month. Got some capital saved up and I’m prepared for it to the degree I can be. It’ll take time to build, but I’m confident it’ll work out.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Have you actually met girls at a farmer's market?

That's something I haven't tried yet...prolly because every time I've approached a woman in a Whole Foods/Sprouts type of market, I get no signs that the woman even wants to have a conversation. Making an innocent comment about a product she's looking at doesn't even get me a look me up and down from her to see if I'm her type. Instead, I just get a canned response that almost seems to say, "Are you really hitting on me at the grocery store while I'm trying to do my weekly shopping?"
I met a very attractive girl at a farmers market a couple of years back, got her phone number, but couldn't get her out.
She was with a friend, I believe I just chatted them up for a while and she was new in town, probably said hey let me show you a few cool spots around town. I got her digits but I think she claimed to have a boyfriend or something (should be a red flag--either she's making it up or shes willing to cheat on her partner).

I think the farmers market (at least the hipster type ones that are popular now, not the REAL ones--there is a huge difference) is a more social event so it's far more conducive to meeting people than the grocery store, though I had a good friend that often met women in the grocery.

That said, I'm no longer actively dating, and am pretty apprehensive about any females raised in the American culture, to be honest. And I'm so tired of the "I'm busy listening to something on my telephone earpods, don't bother me with a real human interaction" vibe you get from most of them. I think as our culture gets more and more dysfunctional, women just won't know how to respond to a stranger asking them questions, joking, etc. They are used to being in complete control of everything, from their thermostat to entertainment, being activated by them when they are ready for it with a wave of their finger over the smartphone screen, and anything else is scary and uncomfortable for them. At least at the farmers market, they are already in a weird "unique" environment and therefore maybe susceptible to something else out of the ordinary, like meeting someone new, whereas in the grocery its a routine thing, they want to get in, get their diet sodas and ice cream, and get out while watching their tiktoks.