Naming your son '<your name> Jr'

Tex Cruise

Pelican
^ I meant to post here yesterday "Honour thy father and thy mother"
I'm pretty sure using the terms "birth giver" and "sperm donor" would be pushing the boundaries of forum rules these days.

My family has a fairly proud history so we like to keep continuity. Rather than doing juniors though, we alternate first and middle names. My first name is my firstborns middle name, which is my grandfathers first name. We have been doing this since before the civil war and it works well for us. We keep the sense of family pride without the confusion and weirdness. Also, being a Southern family we all have nicknames for daily use anyway.
A friend of mine comes from a long line of first born sons with the same initials. His name is, strangely enough, remarkably similar to CD Rhodes.
So say one is Charles David, the next is Christophert Daniel, etc. His eldest son is of course also CD Rhodes.

^ I meant to post here yesterday "Honour thy father and thy mother"
I'm pretty sure using the terms "birth giver" and "sperm donor" would be pushing the boundaries of forum rules these days.

A friend of mine comes from a long line of first born sons with the same initials. His name is, strangely enough, remarkably similar to CD Rhodes.
So say one is Charles David, the next is Christophert Daniel, etc. His eldest son is of course also CD Rhodes.
I share an exact name with a grandfather who was a Lieutenant Colonel KIA at Gettysburg. If my SJW employers knew that little fact, and the fact that I’m quite unashamed of it I’m sure there would be fireworks!

Tex Cruise

Pelican
My son's mother suggested giving him my name, but I figured being called "Tex Jr" might cause people to stereotype him throughout life (ok my name isn't really Tex, but it's similarly cowboyish and adding "Jr" would only make it more so) I didn't like the idea of the piano player stopping every time he walked into a saloon.
His name is both of his Mother's Grandfather's names, since they have the same first and middle name reversed, which also gives him the same middle name as me, the same first name as my Grandfather, and the same first or middle name as 3 of his uncles.