Netflix Thread

Anybody watching Into the Night?

It's a 6 episode Franco-Belgian TV series. Finished watching it. Pretty good and has a langoliers meets Lost vibe about it.

Castelnau

Kingfisher
I'm thinking of cancelling. I only kept it this long because my dad likes it but with several Netflix stars donating to domestic terrorism funds and Netflix outright promoting satanism through Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and the Dragqueen show I think I've had enough.

Matianus

Sparrow
There are very few films that I like nowadays. Most are at least 5 years old. Instead of subscribing to these streaming services which build an algorithm based on your usage and sell information to advertisers, I buy blu ray/5k disks for about $5-$10 each on eBay using a guest account. I just bought the entire Lord of the Rings set for $10 for example.

A television series which I recently enjoyed was Bojack Horseman. I have only watched the first season. It tells the story of a "horse person" who at one time was a television star, but now is very disillusioned, and looking for meaning in his life. It is considered one of the best animated television series ever made.

Another interesting show was, The Witcher. Despite Henry Cavill (Superman) being great in the starring role, the series built around him is very uneven in quality. But the battle scenes are great and there are some good storylines. Witchers are essentially the fantasy world equivalent of W40K Space Marines. They are created by giving young people potions that kill most of the test subjects, but give any survivors superhuman abilities, so that they can stand toe to toe against the monsters who prey on humanity.

Stats

Woodpecker
recent animes on netflix I liked
Canon busters
Baki
seven deadly sins
parasite

Think they might have some clasics like death note and code geus too

The Resilient

Ostrich
Orthodox
Back when Archer was on Netflix I absolutely like it but it's a series promoting degeneracy so I kind of stopped watching it.no I'm not talking about the superhero I'm talking about the cartoon CIA agent guy

Back when Archer was on Netflix I absolutely like it but it's a series promoting degeneracy so I kind of stopped watching it.no I'm not talking about the superhero I'm talking about the cartoon CIA agent guy

I did like how Archer, a hardcore womanizer, did seem to finally commit to his teammate, who was pregnant with his child. He really struggled, but made it out the other side. Archer found that he actually liked doing the right thing, despite how hard it was to do. : )

I enjoyed how they all bickered incessantly, and despite their flaws, overcame challenging situations. I have not watched the show since they started changing genres to 1940's noir, Miami Vice, etc.,....

If you're into sci-fi, Netflix's series Dark is excellent and a bit trippy. I recommend not reading any synopsis before watching. First season is slow and ominous; second season moves more quickly. There are references to occult practices in the show, but off the top of my head, I can't recall their origins. Something to keep in mind if that's something you'd like to avoid, but it's not intrusive. The show's third season is about to drop.

"Jeremiah," was a post-apocalyptic television series, about a virus that kills almost everyone in the world over the age of 13, and how the survivors continue on... It lasted for two seasons. I never saw it, but it looked good. The writer/producer behind Babylon 5 created it... Unlike many shows, I read that it had a storyline with a beginning, a middle, and an end, which I like.

"I WANNA MARRY HARRY!" A Fox "reality" show... It aired in 2014.

Harry should have been the actual guy up for grabs, and married the girl left at the end. He would have done better than what he picked on his own...
I-Wanna-Marry-Harry.jpg

"Instead of just creating the horror show that is 12 women competing for a man, it chooses also to play them for fools." — The AV Club