New anti-blasphemy rule (effective November 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
Holy Christ in heaven, you'd think such a rule that doesn't affect 99.9% of people on this forum would have gone down without much fuss. The amount of bans and meltdowns in this thread is shocking. The demon hypothesis is the only explanation that fits the empirical data. (Which personally I have always believed in, but to see it so in your face in this thread is incredible.)

Caractacus Potts

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Geomann180 said:
Days of Broken Arrows said:
If this forum morphs into anything, it should be giving young men this advice. Get in on the ground level. It really doesn't get better. In fact it gets worse. Parents, teachers, and the media tell you that you "need experience." But the experiences you will get are like the ones I had: Losing a house, your wife, and your confidence.

They're selling you lies. As I've said many times here before, if you're a young guy odds are you already know the girl you should marry. You're not paying attention to her. She's the one who is sweet, not sexy. She's quiet, not outgoing. She's on the all-girls hall of her dorm in the study lounge. Seek her out, have lunch with her, and don't dump her for the sexy ones as some of us foolishly did. It'll pay off in the end.

My central problem with the manosphere was that essentially it taught you deal and be successful with broken women. But a relationship with a broken women is broken.

I already passed over the woman who in another timeline I was to marry. An 18 year old virgin German gal I met when I was 21. But I wanted more experience.

Now I'm trying to find her again. Six years later.

G

I was seeing two girls when I was younger. One an American, the other Polish. The American slept with me on the third date. The Polish one took a bit longer. One time, when I was sick, I called the Polish girl to cancel our date. I didn't feel good and just wanted to sleep. A few hours later there was a knock on my apartment door.

Agnieszka stood there with two bags. She had made enough food to last me two or three days. She put that away in the refrigerator and then made me an old school Polski medicinal remedy. She melted a stick of butter in a sauce pan with heavy whipping cream and lots of garlic. When it was ready she told me to drink it. I immediately started sweating. She then instructed me to go to bed. Three hours later she woke me up when she was leaving. She had put food in the oven and she said she would call to check on me later. While I slept she cleaned my apartment and did my laundry.

I married the American girl because I thought she was better looking and the sex was better. Here I am now...I am divorced, nearly two decades behind where I should be with regards to my finances and living alone. I chose poorly. Agnieszka married a regular joe and has three children. I haven't spoken to her in a long time and I am not going to. I don't want even the slightest possibility of temptation rearing its' head.

When I am alone in bed at night she is one of the two women in my past who I think about. As men we always know what is the right thing to do. But we don't because it is too hard. For the younger members here let me be a cautionary tale. When you meet one who is good, have an older family friend vet her. And then don't let go. You don't want to be trying to find another one when you are in your forties or older.

Roosh

Cardinal
Orthodox
debeguiled said:
Samseau throwing down the gauntlet makes me want to have a meltdown.

Or at least a partial possession.

I wouldn't even joke about this. Do nothing to crack the door open to evil.

I was at an Orthodox Church for an Easter service this year.

It was four hours of standing; plus a procession around the church in the middle of a rain storm.

One of the most beautiful experiences I've had in a religious sense, but also, in general.

I grew up in the protestant faith, a lot of doctrine about what the "individual" can do. That was fine and all.

But, I understand the draw of the catholic and orthodox faiths, respectively. The solemnity of it, and the beautiful rituals. These are things lost on a lot of people who grew up in these denominations.

My companion, an older gentleman, who I consider a spiritual guide, and mentor, remarked to me that I was having a difficult time with the service. This was true.

First, the sheer physicality of standing up for four hours got to me. It was difficult. You do not know religious devotion until you stand and chant for four hours.

And, he made the comment that I looked physically distressed. Which was true. He suggested I had demons in me, and they were fighting me when I entered this holy temple.

Not meaning to deviate here, but, I walked out of that service feeling reinvigorated. I broke fast with other orthodox believers despite not being a "member" of the faith. I can only say good things about the whole experience, all considered, which is completely new to me.

As for me, I consider myself unaffiliated with a specific branch, but the orthodox faith grows on me daily.

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
Roosh said:
debeguiled said:
Samseau throwing down the gauntlet makes me want to have a meltdown.

Or at least a partial possession.

I wouldn't even joke about this. Do nothing to crack the door open to evil.

I appreciate the concern, and you have no way of knowing this, but you really don't have to worry about me in this area.

For the sake of people with no experience, though, I will refrain from this kind of joking around.

I'm kind of late to the party. Sorry.

Does this count as blasphemy?

antlers.png

Teedub

Crow
Gold Member
For those who expressed mild concern, I ditched the Mormons once the hot one moved to a different town. They started talking about the golden tablets etc and felt almost blasphemous and well, weird. Nice people but I shall continue my search. Being Northern European you'd probably point to Protestantism, but it's cucked and eventually leads to atheism. What is Mel Gibson?

Teedub said:
For those who expressed mild concern, I ditched the Mormons once the hot one moved to a different town. They started talking about the golden tablets etc and felt almost blasphemous and well, weird. Nice people but I shall continue my search. Being Northern European you'd probably point to Protestantism, but it's cucked and eventually leads to atheism. What is Mel Gibson?

Have you checked out the OPC? Or any of the conservative reformed churches?

Of course you should avoid the more liberal denominations.

NoMoreTO

Ostrich
I went to a Conservative group 'meetup' , everyone was libertarians.

I took a girl who I see who is conservative in lifestyle, but not necessarily political :)

Anyway one of the main presenters makes a dirty joke related to politics, there were 2 women at the table.

Blasphemy laws now.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
I can't figure out a better way to explain the destructiveness of libertarians except to say they're like a societal immunosuppressant. Harmless enough when there are no viruses and parasites about but when exposed to biological competition they sap the ability of the host to combat cultural threats to itself.

In true free market form they will side with whoever grants them the most comfort and largesse. The atheist fedora type have only shifted their allegiance tentatively to the Right in the last few decades because the new puritan Left has started leaning on their disposable income and sexual/egotistical gratification. Something we saw here during the washout in June.

Suffice to say they are always for sale to the highest bidder of endorphins. No matter how totalitarian the Left becomes, if the Right demands more from them in resistance than the Left demands in subservience then the atheist-brand libertarians will choose submission every time, and they will gladly betray or sabotage the Right along the way.

Leonard D Neubache said:
I can't figure out a better way to explain the destructiveness of libertarians except to say they're like a societal immunosuppressant. Harmless enough when there are no viruses and parasites about but when exposed to biological competition they sap the ability of the host to combat cultural threats to itself.

Suffice to say they are always for sale to the highest bidder of endorphins. No matter how totalitarian the Left becomes, if the Right demands more from them in resistance than the Left demands in subservience then the atheist-brand libertarians will choose submission every time, and they will gladly betray or sabotage the Right along the way.

Wouldn't that be more of a criticism of atheism rather than libertarianism?

Also, have libertarians historically been more societally damaging than government?

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
The Catalyst said:
Leonard D Neubache said:

Also, have libertarians historically been more societally damaging than government?

I absolutely give a pass to practicing Christian libertarians. All five of them.

Your followup question makes no sense. There is no society without government and there never has been. Put three people together and they will begin making rules. If one breaks the rules the other two will leverage punishment against the rulebreaker or expel him. From there everything simply scales up and at some point (about a mere hundred people or so) it simply becomes more convenient to make ass-kicking of scofflaws a full time job and pay someone to do it.

That libertarians believe you can somehow have a society without government is proof positive that they live in cloud cuckoo land. If for no other reason than they cannot provide a single example of it being an effective way to order a group of people larger than a small commune.

Aside, weren't you complaining about being suckered out of 180 euro on the free market just a few minutes ago and spitballing the idea of "threatening to notify authorities of code violations" in order to get your money back?

Leonard D Neubache said:
The Catalyst said:
Leonard D Neubache said:

I absolutely give a pass to practicing Christian libertarians. All five of them.

Your followup question makes no sense. There is no society without government and there never has been. Put three people together and they will begin making rules. If one breaks the rules the other two will leverage punishment against the rulebreaker or expel him. From there everything simply scales up and at some point (about a mere hundred people or so) it simply becomes more convenient to make ass-kicking of scofflaws a full time job and pay someone to do it.

That libertarians believe you can somehow have a society without government is proof positive that they live in cloud cuckoo land. If for no other reason than they cannot provide a single example of it being an effective way to order a group of people larger than a small commune.

Aside, weren't you complaining about being suckered out of 180 euro on the free market just a few minutes ago and spitballing the idea of "threatening to notify authorities of code violations" in order to get your money back?

I get that it's good to have rules or a code for your society. I don't believe it can scale up to a country though, because then it's not "your people" telling you what to do, at that large a scale, the politicians/ruling class might as well be foreigners.

Yes that is true. However if government didn't force war/communism which created decades-long economic ruin then the Hungarians around me would be way richer than they are now, so instead of worrying about 180 euros here or there working for scraps I'd be sitting in a cushy job :s

Aurini

Ostrich
Leonard D Neubache said:

In true free market form they will side with whoever grants them the most comfort and largesse. The atheist fedora type have only shifted their allegiance tentatively to the Right in the last few decades because the new puritan Left has started leaning on their disposable income and sexual/egotistical gratification. Something we saw here during the washout in June.

To pull a page from John C. Wright - Libertarianism works great for Christian Bachelors during Peace Time.

Christian guilt-based morality is needed before you can have a free and informed market (as opposed to Nigerian scams).
Bachelors, without children, don't need to worry about what their neighbour is doing.
Peace Time - because sometimes you need to burn a few houses to save the village, and without some higher-level organization this won't happen.

Peacock
Gold Member
The Catalyst said:
Leonard D Neubache said:
The Catalyst said:
Leonard D Neubache said:

I get that it's good to have rules or a code for your society. I don't believe it can scale up to a country though, because then it's not "your people" telling you what to do, at that large a scale, the politicians/ruling class might as well be foreigners.

Yes that is true. However if government didn't force war/communism which created decades-long economic ruin then the Hungarians around me would be way richer than they are now, so instead of worrying about 180 euros here or there working for scraps I'd be sitting in a cushy job :s

In London or Paris you would have been paying 4 times as much for just as shitty a pad, and 80% of the people you would be seeing around that place would not be locals. So count your blessings here and make the best out of your situation. Have a good goulash, cake and plenty of tokaji!

911 said:
The Catalyst said:
Leonard D Neubache said:

In London or Paris you would have been paying 4 times as much for just as shitty a pad, and 80% of the people you would be seeing around that place would not be locals. So count your blessings here and make the best out of your situation. Have a good goulash, cake and plenty of tokaji!

(If people don't mind the derail)

Not going to lie, I can't really complain too bad about it here. It's much better than a lot of the other places/countries I could've moved to, and I'm enjoying life here in a country where the non-gypsies are sane and functional. The only major problem is poverty/bad economy, and I'm broke for a lot of people and very broke for Westerners(and I guess Hungarians not really liking foreigners, but that's understandable). That being said me being broke is arguably largely my choice and I could leave and not be this broke. No one really told me all of the different options of what was available to me in NZ and thus I didn't know until after I left...(to make excuses for my situation :angel:)

Gotta say London and Paris seem like shitholes so eh it might not be that convincing of an argument to say Budapest is better than those. I love Budapest but... it's so expensive for the wages.

I blame the communists :-/. If Central/Eastern Europe wasn't communist life would be so much better in the region. That being said I could easily leave so I shouldn't really care too much but I imagine how fucked over they might feel. If we're keeping score that's another plus for libertarianism, if CE/EE was libertarian instead of statist/communist we'd have less bloodshed and more wealth

Status
Not open for further replies.