New job hiring site for the "unwoke"

Honeypot, or at least risky to put your details into. Which is interesting to say, since the Overton window has shifted so far left.

They say:

"So we urge you, to calmly sit back, relax and watch your woke competition implode as they do their hiring based on skin color, ethnicity, origin, gender identity rather than merit. Watch the quality of their goods, brands, and services suffer as a result."

Which would be true, if the companies that do this most, like Google or Amazon, didn't have seas of apolitical, highly-talented Asians doing so much of their work.

Last edited:
The future for male employment is blue collar. They don't care about woke or whatever that means they care if you can do the job. Women can't build. They never will be able to.

I am considering a program for Non Destructive Technology which is a male dominated job. Anyone have any experience or advice in this type of work?

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
The future for male employment is blue collar. They don't care about woke or whatever that means they care if you can do the job. Women can't build. They never will be able to.

I am considering a program for Non Destructive Technology which is a male dominated job. Anyone have any experience or advice in this type of work?
I generally support blue collar work and think its underrated, but I don't think that it's my future.
I'm a smart guy. I have a lot to offer in STEM. I'd strongly fight against the idea that I can only do menial tasks (which would reduce my income) because of some political agenda in much of corporate America.

I generally say if you can hack it, software engineering and web development is a good place to be. As long as you avoid the West Coast and companies from Silicon Valley you'll be okay. The more the mega-corp, the more poz you have to deal with. My team of engineers is 25 men, mostly white, and two women. Very little poz. It's even more tolerable since we're working remote.

That said, I think this website is well intentioned, but probably not a great idea. For one thing, it's going to be a magnet for lawsuits.
You can mostly judge how pozzed a company is by their twitter and linked in feeds. If a company is pozzed, they will be very vocal about it.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Honeypot, or at least risky to put your details into. Which is interesting to say, since the Overton window has shifted so far left.

They say:

"So we urge you, to calmly sit back, relax and watch your woke competition implode as they do their hiring based on skin color, ethnicity, origin, gender identity rather than merit. Watch the quality of their goods, brands, and services suffer as a result."

Which would be true, if the companies that do this most, like Google or Amazon, didn't have seas of apolitical, highly-talented Asians doing so much of their work.
It's a bigger risk for the companies that are using the tool since they face lawsuits for discrimination.

Salocin

Sparrow
It's a bigger risk for the companies that are using the tool since they face lawsuits for discrimination.
I'm not an expert on labor laws, but it seems strange to consider it discrimination to not wish to hire "woke" employees.

It seems especially strange considering some companies have been known to fire employees for expressing opinions that don't toe the party line, for example making a video on their own time discussing why they do not support BLM.

I generally support blue collar work and think its underrated, but I don't think that it's my future..
Blue collar work nowadays is highly technical. For example, NDTs with an associates degree start in the 70k range with overtime. 130k after five or so years and added certifications. Plumbers and electricians make bank too. You dont need to be manning a jackhammer in 90 degree heat to be blue collar.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Blue collar work nowadays is highly technical. For example, NDTs with an associates degree start in the 70k range with overtime. 130k after five or so years and added certifications. Plumbers and electricians make bank too. You dont need to be manning a jackhammer in 90 degree heat to be blue collar.
Those are skilled trades. Not really blue collar...
Blue collar is joining a union, getting an apprenticeship, moving up.
Has nothing to do with school.

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
Those are skilled trades. Not really blue collar...
Blue collar is joining a union, getting an apprenticeship, moving up.
Has nothing to do with school.
Skilled trades are considered blue collar jobs. Blue collar just means there is manual labor involved. Plumbers and electricians are certainly blue collar jobs. The rule is if you have to shower after work it's blue collar. If you have to shower before work, your collar is white.

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Skilled trades are considered blue collar jobs. Blue collar just means there is manual labor involved. Plumbers and electricians are certainly blue collar jobs. The rule is if you have to shower after work it's blue collar. If you have to shower before work, your collar is white.
I'm from Detroit. Don't lecture me what blue collar work is, I'm the son of a factory workers.
Blue collar work means working in a factory.
We fight for our children to have a better life than that.
What you're talking about is some other thing.

pitbullowner

Kingfisher
I'm from Detroit. Don't lecture me what blue collar work is, I'm the son of a factory workers.
Blue collar work means working in a factory.
We fight for our children to have a better life than that.
What you're talking about is some other thing.

I thunk it's all encompassing of skilled labor, menial labor, construction, manufacturing and anything that doesn't require a degree.

I had a "grey collar" career as an OTR driver for a little over half a decade. Long strenuous hours of driving through traffic and sometimes undesirable situations (tornadoes, hailstorms,duststorms) and if you're working flatbed/RGN/stepdeck that work is considered blue collar. Driving overt the road trucking is so easy now if you're gaining dry van/Reefer that many companies still hire CDL mill ppl from major trucking companies.

Even then I think that grey collar falls under blue collar just because of the lack of degree requirement

For me blue collar is hourly and you get 25 minutes for lunch. White collar is salary and you get an hour. The company hates you both equally.

It does look like you can browse the positions without signing up or uploading a resume. I found a positing that looked interesting and easily navigated to the posting company's webpage. Looked like a small startup digital media publisher. Several remote positions posted as of now. I'll be graduating and looking for work soon...might give em a try.

Last edited:

westernman

Pigeon

Completely agree. Its where the money is too.

White-collar jobs are increasingly not needed, and if they are, there is a stack of desperate resumes always waiting to replace you.

Blue-collar work is more needed, and workers have more power.