New member introduction thread

Hi all,
A Catholic from Central Europe here. I have always considered myself a Christian (been baptised an Orthodox) but in my 20s and early 30s I never really looked into Christianity more deeply, it was just a tradition I inherited and accepted. But it really started to become something very important to me in the recent years to a point where being a Christian is my core identity.
Politically, I've always been right-wing (even during my libertarian/anarcho-capitalist times). I then went through the civ-nat phase but their focus on muh constitution and muh American values without noticing certain other factors (race, JQ) became really tiresome. I then had a brief interest in White Nationalism and even though I never considered myself as one I appreciated the fact they are aware of those certain factors. But it too became tiresome, especially their distain towards Christianity as well as pagan LARP-ing and general fedora-tipping atheism. Ironically, it was one of the podcasts on the TRS network - Godcast, which I highly recommend - that helped me strengthen and appreciate my faith more and look for other similar content. But it wasn't probably until I found E Michael Jones when all the boxes got ticked. Since then, I've been mainly checking the content of the likes of Roosh, Owen Benjamin, Brother Augustine, Nick Fuentes, Vincent James and some strictly Catholic creators.
As for Roosh, I've known (of) him for couple of years now as I considered him a part of the broad Right. I've always enjoyed his streams even before his conversion/reversion to Christianity, mainly because of his more mellow, calmer approach. The forum and its rules seem great, finally a place where Christian men can share their thoughts in a civilised yet un-PC way.
To sum up: firstly, as some wise men once said, "Politics are fake and gay" and secondly, if you are not Christian I don't really care what you have to say.

Thanks Roosh!

jimrnoble

Good Morning all, I used to have an account a few years ago but I no longer have the password or access to that email, so I've been lurking for a couple of years I think and have only just got around to rejoining. Lots of great information on these forums and also nice to have a sensible discussion around controversial topics without immediately being screamed at. The rules are strict, but fair, as they filter out troublemakers - who's going to hang around for that long just to cause a problem. Looking forward to contributing.

Lionheart

Sparrow
I've been lurking here awhile and have been a fan of Roosh since ROK. I am very concerned in the direction our society is going and would like to join in on some of these discussions periodically.

Glad to be here,

thanks.

Good afternoon, my name is Éder and I write from Brazil. I followed Roosh a long time ago and I have many coincidences with him. I was an atheist for about 15 years, went to college and just wanted to know about getting a woman and drinking beer. About 2 years ago I converted to Christianity, and when I read Rooh again, I had many experiences in common and a similar purpose in life. I just have to be thankful to God for showing us the way.

xprize

Long term lurker, about to embark on my catechumenate within a ROCOR church. Living in Australia where the world is falling apart. Only knew about Roosh from his former life, then recently rediscovered him on his path back to the light. Literally watched Roosh's channel disappear from YouTube - one moment it was there and the next it was gone - funnily enough I took a screenshot of his channel page before refreshing to see it gone for good:

So glad Roosh is still creating content

Greetings,

Currently a Gen-Zoomer in Florida trying to make sense of all the madness going on. I was raised in Catholic schools but currently I am just a non-denominational believer in Jesus Christ.

Florida is still managing to survive despite all the things you've probably heard on the news.

Overall, grateful to finally be part of the RVF community.

RoadKill

Sparrow
Hello. First post here. I came here to talk about relationships anonymously. I hope you all don't mind me venting, as I've got no outlet for this.

I was baptized in 1997. Life has been brutal for me, even before I found GOD. I'm in a real sad place. My Christian walk has been up and down over the years and I used to have a faith and confidence that was contagious. I'm a warrior that has been subdued, chained up, neutered and left to rot in helplessness and regret.

I'm on my second marriage now. My first marriage (married in 1995) was dramatic and ended in an epically dramatic fashion with police, arrests and court battles. My first wife was a single mom with 3 kids and I fathered them for 6 years with everything I had. We ended up with one of our own to fight over and we fought til the end. She used dirty tactics but I played the long game and won my daughter over in the end, even with custody. Lost my 3 step kids, even though they wanted to keep a relationship with me. Judge encouraged her to let me see them, but she ignored it. Never did get to say goodbye to them and that was 18 years ago.

Unfortunately, my ex was so vile, she threatened me and my second wife shortly after the birth of our son to the point that my second wife couldn't handle it. She took it out on my daughter and only got away with it because I fathered a son with my second wife and I didn't want him to grow up in a broken home like I did and how my daughter was at the time. My daughter was so full of hope until my second wife crushed that hope as she blamed everything that was wrong in our lives to my daughter. I felt stuck. My ex-wife was manipulative and used my daughter to punish me and my current wife sabotaged the future my daughter had fought for to have with me.

So here I am, positing for the first time because I'm unhappy in my second marriage. I can't let go of the mental abuse she put my daughter through and stole her faith in GOD. I'm only with her because I share a son with her. We hit 14 years of marriage and I still have seven to go before I can get rid of her. I'm committed to staying with her until my son graduates high school.

I can't stand my wife, but I love my son and he's the happiest kid you would ever meet. That will all go away if I leave my wife and I can't do that to him. My wife has stole my dreams of having a happy life with a unified family and a meaningful marriage. She drove away all my friends, my daughter and now my mother who just moved out this week after tolerating my wife for the last 3 years. I can't blame my mom for leaving. I want to leave too. I'm happy that she left, not because I want privacy, but rather that she escaped living with a self-righteous narcissist and she doesn't have to put up with my wife's BS any more. I used to be a positive person. A fighter. The guy who people looked up to because I went through so much and never quit. My first marriage was due to pregnancy. My second marriage was through the church with a pure dating relationship and it still failed. I thought that since I married in the church, that my wife would have faith when it mattered. She failed. She faltered and my daughter took the brunt of it. I could do nothing to stop it.

You can't lead a hysterical person that's afraid. She burned our house down from the inside.

I don't trust friends or family with my thoughts at all. They will all tell me to leave now, but I can't. I need to hold our for seven more years. My marriage in unfixable. I used to tell my wife before we would have a family meeting that whatever words that come out of her mouth can't be un-heard. You can't take words back. I may as well have just told her to insult and demean my daughter without reservation, because that's what ended up happening. My wife lacked the maturity to handle those serious situations, but that's no excuse. She acted on emotion and here we are, years later suffering the aftermath of her loose tongue.

My daughter is now married and sought my blessing before the marriage. We're like peas and carrots, me and my daughter. She absolutely respects my guidance and wisdom because I was her rock in the storm. Unfortunately, she has no faith in GOD because she prayed for a peaceful childhood but was tormented by her mother and her step-mother. Unanswered prayers. She swore off my wife over a year ago and we maintain our relationship in complete privacy. My wife doesn't know when or how often we see each other. She doesn't know where my daughter lives at all.

My son and I have fun together and he totally respects and trusts me and my wisdom.

I love GOD. I love Jesus, I love my children to the end. But I have no faith in people, the idea of marriage, or long term relationships with women any more. I tried doing it GOD's way, but people just mess it up; women, in specific. I now wear a mask of contentment when underneath it is the face of melancholy. I always used to inspire people to persevere and chase their dreams and remain hopeful. Now, at men's groups, I simply sit and listen. I don't feel worthy to share my cynicism and my sense of defeat. All I want to tell the young husbands is that... Everything is meaningless.... under the sun.

Thanks for letting me vent.

I am...RoadKill

Last edited:

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
My daughter is now married and sought my blessing before the marriage. We're like peas and carrots, me and my daughter. She absolutely respects my guidance and wisdom because I was her rock in the storm. Unfortunately, she has no faith in GOD because she prayed for a peaceful childhood but was tormented by her mother and her step-mother. Unanswered prayers. She swore off my wife over a year ago and we maintain our relationship in complete privacy. My wife doesn't know when or how often we see each other. She doesn't know where my daughter lives at all.

My son and I have fun together and he totally respects and trusts me and my wisdom.
I'm in no place to offer advice, having never been married, but I will point out that you have a daughter who respects you and a son who loves you and these are things I and many other men do not. No, a good man should not have to endure the slings and arrows you have, just to have offspring, but I will just state the guiding philosophy my pastor taught me: Take only the good and leave the rest behind. Sometimes that may be impossible, and it may be naive for me to suggest focus on the happiness your son and daughter bring you, and ignore the pain your wife causes.

But at least *acknowledge* that without the bad wife, you would not have these good things, and life is all about tradeoffs that we often make without perfect knowledge, or reluctantly. One example for me: Living in America gives you an excellent opportunity for income, but socially it is a nightmare. How does one balance these two ideas? Do I move somewhere else because a stable society is more important than money? Do I remain in the country to be with my extended family, and exploit the economic opportunities in the hopes of one day finding a good wife? Who is to say one is the better answer? I think there is none.

There is good, and there is evil, and they do not exist symmetrically. I pray your daughter finds God.

I recently joined this forum after hearing about it from a friend. It is refreshing to find a board where it is okay to talk about relationships from a Christian perspective, which I am eager to do, being married now for five years as an older (I hate saying that) man of 58, to a younger woman.

mandolini

Early 30s, South American, Catholic, small business owner, married,and living in Texas.

I never truly knew my Faith until recently. I only attended Church because I had to and distracted myself from my meaningless life the other 167 hours of the week, avoiding silent moments by myself at all costs. By God's Grace, I began to see the Truth and was put in a situation where I risked my life for a total stranger because I knew that was what Christ was calling me to do. Though I may still be alive, I died that day.

I have lurked since the ROK days and have followed Roosh and his journey for a while now. I am disgusted by modern culture, and the more I learn of its philosophy and powers behind it the more I see that it truly is a spiritual war of good vs evil and I move more and more toward tradition. Modern liberalism and the media are a cancer on our society and, as such, they must be cut out, burned, and poisoned quickly before they kill the whole. I volunteer at Church teaching both (mostly apathetic) high-schoolers and young adults the True Faith, without apology, and have watched quite a few of them turn toward a better path.

Tragically, my own extended family and wife are in various stages of falling into the snares of the devil and I feel powerless to do anything about it. Perhaps one day God will grant me the Wisdom to find the right words to use with those I love the most.

Hi all, first post here, I am here because I'm trying to transition into a Christian life but I just have so many freaking problems with me that I dont know if I'd be worth saving. I did just start attending a non denominational church in my area 'bout 3 months now but everyone I talk to there seems to have their shit straight.
I have a 16yo son with my ex wife, who laughs at me for going to church because I fucked up bad with her. I did, really messed my life up. My son wont talk to me for known and understandable reasons. I want to prove to him I can be a good man.
I was on the track & field and rugby team in HS, continued on with track and got into football more. My son and I have sports in common.
I've had a lot of free time since the pandemic started and I think I needed it. It slowed me down and got me thinking about what I really want. I know I dont want to be alone anymore and I know I want a relationship with my son.

gework

Ostrich
Gold Member
Ditto @Max Roscoe. The story re. your children is impressive. There were no obvious problems in my home. No lying, manipulation or violence. Yet I don't have a good (or bad) relationship with my father. So you have done well to have that against the backdrop you outlined.

Question: What do you do to stand up to your wife? Do you ever tell her what you think of her behaviour? And in what tone do you do it if you do?

In the past I have calmly told a woman what I think of her behaviour. I don't accept bad behaviour and any nasty woman will find that out very quickly. No matter how badly behaved they become I remained calm and they just know that the bad behaviour will not get them anything - either my bending or my wrath. The nasty woman will take either of those over a rock of indifference, calm etc.

It is a guess. But I think it's this woman's desire to do what she has done to you - turn you from a beacon to a shell. A primary mechanism of people who live in darkness is form them to possess one person who is held lower than they are. It is an elixir to afflictions of the soul. So long as she has you suppressed into a morsel she can see herself as better than you and not have to look at herself.

the more I see that it truly is a spiritual war of good vs evil
Right on.

Hi all, first post here, I am here because I'm trying to transition into a Christian life but I just have so many freaking problems with me that I dont know if I'd be worth saving. I did just start attending a non denominational church in my area 'bout 3 months now but everyone I talk to there seems to have their shit straight.
I have a 16yo son with my ex wife, who laughs at me for going to church because I fucked up bad with her. I did, really messed my life up. My son wont talk to me for known and understandable reasons. I want to prove to him I can be a good man.
I was on the track & field and rugby team in HS, continued on with track and got into football more. My son and I have sports in common.
I've had a lot of free time since the pandemic started and I think I needed it. It slowed me down and got me thinking about what I really want. I know I dont want to be alone anymore and I know I want a relationship with my son.
Welcome to the forum, and good luck in your search for good fellowship in your church. There's almost always spectrum of people from livelong goodie two shoes, converts that have reached a good Christian life, and believers still learning the basic philosophies of faith. Just remember first and foremost we're all there to worship God and realize that we are all likey blessed in alot of ways we don't know.

Amwolf

Robin
Hello. I'm a German-American and have been a casual reader here for quite sometime. Ideologically, I consider myself to be a traditionalist, nationalist, and an Orthodox Christian. I grew up as a Roman Catholic and have been in the process of converting to the Russian Orthodox Church. I've always been intrigued by Orthodoxy, and since pilgrimaging in Russia, I believe that the ROC is my calling.

Furthermore, I'm interested in engaging in meaningful conversations surrounding metaphysics and spirituality with other like-minded people who are independent and critical thinkers in addition to having a higher expectation of what life should be.