New member introduction thread

RonaldB

What were the strange paranormal experiences? I hear this a lot about the New Age.
I think I'm going to write a long post on the "Christianity General" forum, but the short answer is that things would start falling off shelves with no explanation and one time I was looking for a thing that I usually place on the laundry room, but when I went back to my room, the thing was laying on the floor of my room which scared the hell out of me.

Greetings,

Currently a 21 year old guy from Singapore studying on the east coast USA. Lurked for awhile so figured I might as well sign up. RVF is a good place to get an alternative view of politics in the States that you don't see on the news.

Thanks for the forum

McGowdog

Hello, I'm totally new here.

I would consider myself a non-denominational Christian rather than a "Protestant". I would consider myself a "recovered" Catholic though. Not a knock against Catholicism, it's just my parents fell away from the religion and told me I was a Catholic, so that was that. It's a long story, but while finding my own way, I found my faith as a non-denominational Christian.

I am a sober recovered alcoholic too. Another story for another day as well. So I guess I could also say I broke away from Alcoholics Anonymous. Also another story for another day.

I am fascinated by politics now but it is a rough world, one I hope to find some guidance in. This is probably what brings me here more than anything. I am here to follow the strict rules here and see how it goes.

Liviu

Hello, I am new here. I am a Romanian, 45 years old, living in Bucharest, Romania.I have a Bachelor`s in Christian Orthodox Theology at the University of Bucharest and I work for the Romanian Patriarchy at the economic department. First of all I think is a miracle that you don`t see every day: a big sinner to become a fighter for the Truth. And more than that, to find The Church. Maybe would be helpful for some to know the perspective of the Orthodox church from the other side of the world.I wanted to comment on the last article about the Orthodox Church in America but the system didn`t let me to do it.

Pilgrim

I don't normally bother with a board's introductions page as I'm wary about sharing personal details online, but since this is a Christian forum, I'll use this to talk about what God has done in my life.
Until my twenties I was typically worldly. Then I became "spiritual" and eventually ended up going to church (lukewarm churches where people could believe pretty much anything). For many years I was a churchgoer, but since I was trying to please God and fit in with the world at the same time, I never really knew The Lord. (Rarely did I read the Bible: when I did, I'd cherry-pick the bits which I thought sounded reasonable to me.) In my mid-thirties God finally brought me to the end of myself, and I got down on my knees in repentance and made a full surrender to Christ. He led me to read the Bible daily, prayerfully, starting at Genesis 1 --- and reading it through (particularly the Old Testament) completely altered my entire worldview. I was able now to understand the New Testament in its proper context.
That was over a decade ago. Since then, God has opened my eyes about many things to which they'd hitherto been firmly shut. He showed me that molecules-to-man evolution is a gigantic academic fraud (something which I, as a trained scientist, had long thought true). He showed me the truth about the sexes, about the roles of men and women, and the true nature of the latter (I'd been trammelled by gynocentrism). He showed me that politics is largely theatre and that politicians are merely puppets for the men who really rule the world --- who themselves are merely puppets of the Devil and are establishing the Beast's kingdom. He showed me that the State of Israel counterfeits Biblical prophecy (I'd been a staunch, vocal Zionist). ...And lastly He showed me that knowing these things alienates me from society and makes me a pariah. My family, even other Christians, don't see it. But although the journey to truth has been a lonely one and the shattering of my illusions painful, I am grateful that God has led me along this path. I would not go back to my former ignorance, however blissful it might be.
As for Roosh, I first ran across him when God was enlightening me on female nature and had led me to read some of the "red pill" websites (this was five years or so ago). I remember following a link to Return of Kings, and reading an article in which the writer (not Roosh) was boasting of seducing a churchgoing virgin girl, reflecting with pride that he had essentially ruined her for her future husband. As a Christian, it incensed me, and I thought that Roosh must be the Devil himself for promoting that kind of wickedness.
Unsurprisingly, I avoided Return of Kings for some time after that. But the year before last I visited it again, and discovered it had changed. There were articles about marriage. Roosh was even talking about God. Naturally, I was skeptical of his motives, thinking he was just growing tired of PUA or sick of immoral women and was now interested in finding wife-material with whom he could settle down and propagate his genes (and advertising the fact to any female readers). I didn't believe he was seriously interested in God.
...But now I see he really has repudiated his old lifestyle, to the point of removing his PUA books from sale, sacrificing his income to pursue holiness. It seems he genuinely is bringing forth "fruits meet for repentance" in the words of John the Baptist. It's been a wonder to behold. What a transformation: PUA to pilgrim...
So that's the story of how I came to sign up here. RooshV forum! God certainly moves in mysterious ways...
May His will be done in your life, Roosh.

I am fascinated by politics now but it is a rough world, one I hope to find some guidance in. This is probably what brings me here more than anything. I am here to follow the strict rules here and see how it goes.
Focus on Christ, trust me, His presence will bring you peace. Politics is a world of turmoil

Mayasan

Hello everyone, I've been contemplating, writing and talking about politics, spirituality, history, psychology for years now, I've also been following Roosh for a couple of years now. I hope we can learn from each other in these hard times.

bucky

Ostrich
Focus on Christ, trust me, His presence will bring you peace. Politics is a world of turmoil

I'm hope I'm not oversharing this passage from Luke 21 because I've done it several times on other threads, but it's one of my absolute favorites on how to find peace in the midst of everything that's going on in the world:

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

Hello,

I'm a 34 year old real estate broker with a high interest in politics, self-improvement, self sustainability, money matters and psychology.
Following this forum during the past 3 years, it really provided me with some good advice and fun on multiple subjects (life in general, coronavirus, politics,...) and sometimes it served as an escape hatch from the clown world we live in.

In the past I also got a lot of wisdom out of the ROK-forum. I especially enjoy the fact that the majority of the posts are well explained and provided with much information by its community members. English is my third language, and I'm trying to get better at it: if you see me making mistakes please alert me of them so I can improve.

Kind regards

nathan

Sparrow
Hi, I'm a Catholic tech entrepreneur from Texas. I have been a reader of Roosh/RoK since about 2013 but I have never really been active in any of the various online communities (I signed up briefly on election night 2016 to celebrate Trump's victory but was instabanned for discussing politics :squintlol:). I attended the Dallas dinner on Roosh's tour last year (if any of the other 3 attendees are members on here). Also I was at Cernovich's meetup in Dallas in 2017 if anyone was there either

I never joined RVF (or any of the manosphere forums) in the past because I had nothing to contribute. But after he revamped this forum, it's a better fit for me, so I'm finally signing up

denskiz

Hello! I am a 35 year old New Zealander living in Sydney. I have been following Roosh V since 2015. My hobbies are self improvement, bio hacking, weight training, coding and reading.

I have been following Roosh V since 2013. What has maintained my interest in the forum for so long has been the unapologetic masculine talk, in addition to the alternative discourse that differs wildly from the mainstream. There has been information shared on the forum that has benefited me profoundly, which is simply inaccessible outside of the forum.

Rather than continuing to be a passive participant, I want to contribute to the forum, and the community in a meaningful capacity. I seek to utilise my skills, and experience, to be a part of something bigger than myself, and to do my part in giving back. It is simply the right thing to do.

Background points:
  • Late 20's from Australia, specifically Queensland
  • Background in Economics, and Finance. Currently in Management in a more blue collar industry
  • Hobbies include reading, road trips, model building, photography, and walking
  • Interests range from stand up comedy, urban planning, architecture, history, automobiles
  • Self description as an introvert, with a dry sense of humour
  • Been described as a "walking Wikipedia" due to my ability to recall random trivia in normal conversation
  • Never ending thirst for knowledge, eager to discover new insights
  • Avid reader - average 1-2 books per week
  • Traveled extensively throughout Australia, in addition to countries overseas all over Europe, and South East Asia.
  • Self studying Mandarin Chinese currently. Conservatively HSK 1 or 2 level, I can read and write better than I speak it.
I relish the opportunity to be exposed to different ideas, and look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship.

Long time follower of Roosh’s work, I was saved by the grace of God, my Lord And Savior, Jesus Christ in 2018. Long story, but too insane to go into in an intro. If anyone wants to know what Salvation feels/looks like, with 100% Biblical support, I’m a case study. He IMMEDIATELY changed my heart from one of Stone to one of flesh. I could no longer live in sin, I became progressively more sensitive to it, and found my talents or rather gift(used to satisfy my sin) as a natural pick up artist now null and void? I imagine Roosh, and I’d LOVE to hear Rooshs take on this, when you become so good at something ppl are willing to pay you a lot of money to learn from you and that skill happens to one that most of sinful humanity would spend every last dime to get become ... literally useless. It was so weird in the beginning, made worse by the fact I was so uninterested in women it made them even more attracted to me and even more attractive women at that? But I’ve been and am in the process of being sanctified by God and no longer have a taste for those women at ALL. It’s like Chantix the anti smoking drug but for women and sin. But I think this is EXACTLY what born-again believers AND those being called by God to be converted at their respective time need. A community of men who are aware of the nonsense of this fallen World and love the Lord. The only solution to our problem Is Christ. Bless Roosh for providing this unique space for ppl like us. I look forward to formally being a part of this community.

Hello fellow men of culture ;)

So I just joined today after watching Roosh's streams for quite a bit. Although I've known about him for years now I really only seriously followed him when I watched his impressive 'rona steam back in March/April or whenever that was, and have been a fan since.

Roosh's return to Christianity and God, and also rejecting his sinful behaviour of the past, was inspiring for me because it happened to coincide with my own journey down that path.

I did the whole New Atheist thing in my teens/early twenties. Hitchens, Dawkings, Harris, Dennet et al - I read their stuff and thought I was above everyone else; that I was superior for overcoming ignorance and fairytales. I was so very wrong, the devil owned me then. I realised later that the athiesm thing was just an evil replacement for my real faith, and I had effectively exchanged God for Hitchens. I learned that without fully embracing your God you are easily swept up into all sorts of groups and movements, letting them define you and your life as you search for purpose and meaning in the world.

I was raised Catholic and did those sacraments/ceremonies as a child but my family wasn't especially devout and we only ever went to church on holidays and then just stopped altogether. I've returned to my Catholic faith; I know people have their issues with Catholicism - so do I - but this is the Church I was raised in. People may well disagree with this but my view is that if we truly try to live by God and give ourselves to Him he will know; he won't hold it against us that we followed the 'wrong' denomination because he knows our hearts and intentions.

It's good to be here. I know things are rough in many ways right now but I'm always optimistic now because I have God. So much worry and stress has fallen away from me.

I'll probably generally avoid the political sections of the forum; I see enough of that elsewhere and it's not what I'm about.

I look forward to getting more involved in the forum here and getting to know the posters!

Last edited: