New music genre - NewRetroWave

The new Midnight album is great. Not sure what to think about the new Gunship, though. Aside from "Art3mis & Parzival", none of the tracks really hit me the way most of them do on their first album. Also, in on my own post before Cr33pin hates on me for not reading "Ready Player One" yet.

whatday

Ostrich
Gold Member
MasoMenos said:
giphy.gif

What part of the world do girls that look like this come from? China, I presume? If so, any particular part of China? Just curious, she's cute.

Also, great thread, I'm loving it.

whatday

Ostrich
Gold Member
Cr33pin said:
Man a few years ago when I was living by the beach I would drop the top on my s2000 and ride down by the ocean at night rocking this song.... it was therapy. Dope movie its from as well, they really used music well to set the tone for the movie.

This was my go-to song on the drive to my city's downtown area when I used to do night game. There's just something about that song.

Switching to Uber instead of driving myself made it so I don't get to pick the sound track anymore.

Awesome movie.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Let me start of saying that I'm not mad at the lack of likes on the last song I posted.... I'm just disappointed

An let me follow that up with some facts
FACT: The Midnight is one of the top NewRetroWave bands out there
giphy.gif

Nichols Cage makes a cameo in that gif

BadBoyGamer

Woodpecker
Yes! Others have discovered this music as well. Awesome.

Been addicted to this stuff for a while now.

Sound of the 80's is just great. Makes me feel hopeful and energetic.

Silver_Tube

Woodpecker
Gold Member
There are regular synthwave parties happening in Atlanta, anyone ever been to one?

It occurred to me that I can ramble about synthesizers and musical gizmos for hours, now its time to find places where that might could be useful. The new yamaha modx sounds 80's as fuck with the right settings.