New music genre - NewRetroWave

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
tumblr_nkd3sqggZc1t55xupo1_400.gif

Syberpunk said:
The very fact that synthwave hasn't taken off as a worldwide cultural trend in normie world whereby you could hear it all the time, is bizarre.

This stuff is danceable, sounds so good, takes talent and is positive. Easy to replay and listen to. There are literally no downsides to it. The vocal tracks should certainly be massive hits (listed below). Id actually listen to radio if this were "the" thing.

Couple of reasons:

1) The 80's already happened.
2) The main 80's trends have already passed, it works in 20 year (generational) cycles and we're onto the 90's and naughties trends now.
3) It's too cheesy and niche. Same reason K-pop doesn't "take off".

If it does take off, it'll happen after you don't like it anymore, or at least after you don't like the second or third wave of it, when the bandwagon jumpers have recycled it too many times.

HD668B

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I stumbled upon this with a long mix that I always use when chilling with a girl at my place, never thought that the whole genre was coming back.

It's 36mins and instrumental only:

I like Synthwave and Vaporwave (unironically) and it somehow reasons with me.
It gives me a lot of inspiration for my hobbies, when I write stories, work on some of my projects or when I want to dream, you know. It's especially inspiring if you like to travel, write some sci-fi stuff or alternate history. It is also a good genre of music when you are a lonely person in general.

rapaz12

Woodpecker
Cr33pin said:
The sax needs to be brought back into all music not just synthwave
giphy.gif

i stumbled on their album Kids on youtube the other day and i am completely floored by the quality. Hoping to see if theres a physical copy of this cd somewhere.

HD668B said:
I stumbled upon this with a long mix that I always use when chilling with a girl at my place, never thought that the whole genre was coming back.

It's 36mins and instrumental only:

See (hear?)... this is great!

The cheesy shit with choirboys singing? Not so much.

Yatagan

Pelican
Gold Member
The recently released vidya game "Katana Zero" has some good synth bangers much like it's inspiration, the Hotline Miami games.