New Zealand Covid lockdowns...

Bactriancowboy

Pigeon
Other Christian
How are the Kiwi’s on here doing? Looks like the narrative overseas is collapsing. Do you think Cindy will blink and start rolling things back, or will simply ignore it and push further? Our daughter was born just before the last lockdown. We aren’t able to go to public library’s, pools etc. Any sort of structured baby activities are running the pass, and my wife is starting to crack due to not being able to go anywhere. A lot of her local online mum groups are starting to get nasty and fracture along vax lines. Do you gus think things will get better?

EuropeanCanon

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
How are the Kiwi’s on here doing? Looks like the narrative overseas is collapsing. Do you think Cindy will blink and start rolling things back, or will simply ignore it and push further? Our daughter was born just before the last lockdown. We aren’t able to go to public library’s, pools etc. Any sort of structured baby activities are running the pass, and my wife is starting to crack due to not being able to go anywhere. A lot of her local online mum groups are starting to get nasty and fracture along vax lines. Do you gus think things will get better?
They are acting like omicron is worse than the black death in spite of what I hear elsewhere that it is mild. Absolutely crazy. The people I know and talk to are fed up with it. They got to 90% vax rate and what did the people get for it? That's right, nothing at all.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
They are acting like omicron is worse than the black death in spite of what I hear elsewhere that it is mild. Absolutely crazy. The people I know and talk to are fed up with it. They got to 90% vax rate and what did the people get for it? That's right, nothing at all.
Are there any protests or demonstrations?

EuropeanCanon

Woodpecker
Trad Catholic
Are there any protests or demonstrations?
There have been some massive protests against the restrictions and the mandates enforcing vaccination to keep your job. They are believed to be the biggest protests the country has ever seen. But the media either ignores them or plays them down and paints them as just been "right wing" extremists. The usual playbook for the oligarch media.

MartyMcFly

Pelican
Other Christian
This is a few months old. However, I was quite shocked to fin
Here's the latest from the UK media. Looking at the comments, someone asks why they don't vote her out. The reply comes that the electorate had the chance, and then voted her back in with a record majority:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Ardern-announced-harsh-new-restrictions.html
Typical sheep panic buying toilet paper (one of the least essential items as long as you have access to soap and water). They are an industrialized nation that claims to care about the environment and they still don't have bidet showers!

Stocking up makes sense but it is better to stock up when times are normal. Why didn't they stock up after the first lockdown if they had the money to do so? The first lockdown should have taught them that the NZ they once knew is gone and instability will be the norm until Arden (and her party) no longer have power.

Kiwi

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Here's the latest from the UK media. Looking at the comments, someone asks why they don't vote her out. The reply comes that the electorate had the chance, and then voted her back in with a record majority:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Ardern-announced-harsh-new-restrictions.html

It's true she came back in with record majority and could subsequently show her true colours, but she's a different beast since then. Before her supporters voted her in it was kindness, lockdowns and stamping out covid. It seemed like it was going to plan, and nobody knew as much about Covid and there was talk of a vaccine coming, so a large chunk of the country voted her back.
She also benefitted from the fact we didn't have a strong opposition. In fact National had their lowest backing since 2002. So a number of people shifted to minor parties.

Since getting back in: Delta, more lockdowns, vaccine rollouts, vaccine mandates, vaccine passports, spiralling gang problems and violence, tourist and entertainment industry dying, now Omicron, boosters for children, more mandates, more ridiculous laws, division in NZ like never before. Basically, the lack of leadership or plan has either been exposed or it's going the way of Build Back Better. Take your pick.

So just some context, no excuses though. I've never voted for her. I knew in the early days of Covid when she encouraged people to rat on their neighbours for breaking regulations it was going to be dark days ahead.

You'd be mad to think she's anywhere near the popularity she once had. You only need to look how Facebook and the NZ Herald actively censor comments when it comes to NZ covid stories and Labour. The tide has turned in a big way mainly due to the vaccine mandate and Omicron arrival......but will anything change?

Remains to be scene where exactly our breaking point is.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Umm...

"...side effects...vaccine's doing what it should"

3X7HLBv.gif