New Zealand Covid lockdowns...

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member

Is that current/ recent? Are they still pushing vaxx that hard there ?

If so Im genuinely surprised as its been months since the intense campaigns to vaxx here ( So Co) just started to fade away. I mean theres still the occasional “PSA” on the radio but nothing like it was around the end of last yea.

What, if any, is the public justification? Everyone knows by now the jabs dont slow infection or transmission ( spread) so...Do they even give a reason or is it just so baked in now?

Kiwi

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Is that current/ recent? Are they still pushing vaxx that hard there ?

If so Im genuinely surprised as its been months since the intense campaigns to vaxx here ( So Co) just started to fade away. I mean theres still the occasional “PSA” on the radio but nothing like it was around the end of last yea.

What, if any, is the public justification? Everyone knows by now the jabs dont slow infection or transmission ( spread) so...Do they even give a reason or is it just so baked in now?

Yeah it's difficult to find anything related to this video online. Chris Hipkins has said something similar in the past though. But the timing seems odd. Nobody is talking about anything vaccine related. If anything I thought we would be talking about climate lockdowns already.

Kiwi

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer

It'll be nice not to see her fake compassion on the screen every other day. :)

Honestly, the lockdowns were pretty insane here, though other countries definitely had it worse. I often think of Canada and Trudeau and how NZ and Canada have been on a similar path.
We locked down our biggest city for one Covid case. Madness, especially given what we know now - but also what we knew then.
She once went on her Facebook page after she got the jab and asked, "Hey, I got a sore shoulder with my jab, i'm wondering how everyone else got on?"

Which ultimately led to tens of thousands of people on her official FB commenting on the early problems - including death - of the Pfizer vaccine. If it's her personal FB page does she read it? I can't believe she wasn't privy to the feedback - and yet still persisted in selling the booster shots? I wish I could find that page. It kept me going for a long time when everyone else was getting jabbed. You cannot be that stupid and run the country, you also can't be that ignorant.
A journalist asked her if you are aware we will have two classes of citizens in NZ after the vaccine mandate - to which she agreed, "that is what it is"

Clear as day.

The Redpill moment for me was during the first lockdown when she said there was a number you could call if your neighbours were breaking the covid lockdown restrictions. After spending a fair bit of time in East Germany this was a huge Red Flag to me personally.
During Covid and lockdowns she pumped the media with money and only had a select few asking the questions. She famously ran from anything challenging - especially the parliament protesters. I'll never forget those protests.

Who knows what the future holds? I think she did build a platform for someone else unknown to slide in. The gun grab, the changing of terrorism laws, meeting with Jack Dorsey behind closed doors and Klaus and Bill and Melinda. That's my wild theory anyway.
Why do all that only to bow out now? Maybe it's not that complicated. Her usefulness just came to an end. Nice UN job awaits, just like Helen.

The rest of the Labour party ain't woke enough. They would need someone to come in the same way she did - virtually unknown - and be woke as hell, a woman, and perhaps Maori. I can't imagine the amount of "I always vote Labour regardless" voters are big enough to cause an upset against those infuriated by the jab, housing crisis, inflation and unemployment and division.

But maybe she was ultimately a good thing? Maybe NZ really needed to wake up? We're certainly not out of the woods yet.

Still, i'll enjoy a beer tonight.