It would be nice to have a centralized location for current events and headlines - perhaps serve as a timeline.
Attys Go After Giuliani's Law License Over Campaign Tactics
- New York State Bar Association leaders and academics hit Rudy Giuliani with an ethics complaint Thursday, joining others in calling on the bar to suspend the former New York City mayor's license and investigate potential professional violations for persistently touting false voter fraud claims while spearheading ex-President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 election results.
Trump Taps SC Atty To Lead Impeachment Defense Team
- South Carolina lawyer Butch Bowers will helm Donald Trump's defense team in the former president's upcoming impeachment trial, a Trump adviser said Thursday, adding that Bowers is "well respected by both Republicans and Democrats."
Coronavirus Litigation: The Week In Review
- Verizon has escaped a $28 million lawsuit accusing it of spreading COVID-19, a coronavirus tracking application says Apple blocked it from its App Store to limit competition, and Enterprise wants an appeals court to consider whether the pandemic falls under the WARN Act's natural disaster exception.
Amazon Won't Have To Host Parler During Dispute
- Amazon won't have to reinstate Parler's web hosting account while the microblogging site pursues its lawsuit over a suspension imposed in the wake of the U.S. Capitol riots earlier this month, a Washington federal court ruled Thursday.
State AGs Must Catch Up With DOJ Case Against Google
- The state attorneys general pursuing a monopoly lawsuit against Google will have to speed up discovery after a Washington, D.C., federal judge said Thursday that a proposal to begin turning over investigative materials to the search giant in mid-March was too late to catch up with a parallel Justice Department case.
Biden Appoints Rosenworcel As Acting FCC Chair
- Democrat Jessica Rosenworcel as the acting head of the agency on Thursday, elevating the eight-year commissioner who has advocated for getting more students online and restoring net neutrality rules, among other priorities.