NFL Raiders coach resigns after woke NYTimes publishes leaked emails

Parmesan

Woodpecker
The based thing to do would have been to not resign, stick to your guns and force them to fire you. He said things in private that many of the people on this board have probably said or thought at some point.
It's the same politically incorrect stuff anyone says in private. It's not like he's discussing JQ or race realism. Everyone in the NFL should be fired for thought crimes if this is the bar they wanna set.

JohnKreese

Pelican
Good riddance, Gruden!

The NFL is 100 percent woke!

Zero...and I mean ZERO percent chance that a SINGLE owner, coach, or player (men, I remind you who make a living by being the most aggressive and generally "mean" men in America) would EVER make non-100 percent politically correct comment, tweet, e-mail, or, heck, even a non-PC thought.

I mean, current, ACTIVE NFL player Deshaun Watson currently has 20+ sexual assault and harassment claims pending against him, but at least he didn't make a joke about Michael Sam or Roger Goodell.

Remember, we need to keep things in perspective.

There are still WAY too many men in the west who escape into sports to deal with the increasingly lower standard of living. They can't find a decent woman because the women are fat, rude and obnoxiously over the top "you go girl". They can't afford a good living because diversity quotas demand they don't get the job/promotion they earned. Crime around them in increasing, while the cops look the other way, but if they miss a payment to the IRS they face serious jail time, etc, etc.

But lucky for us our enemies only know one strategy and that is to overplay their hand. If they were smart they would say "well, we survived the BLM nonsense, lets stop this woke nonsense for at least a few years and gather steam". Nope, it is full wokeness ahead. Now one of the most popular figures/coaches in the league is gone. And because he used the very same terminology the fans themselves use while watching the games.

So we have to capitalize on this. If you have a blue pilled friend who brings up this subject say to them "oh, wow, I quit watching the NFL because of the national anthem protest". Your distraught friend will be impressed with your reserve and your wisdom to put such nonsense out of your life. Of course they will say "what do you do on Sunday afternoons?". To which you can say anything productive such as "I spend time with my family outside" or "I am learning to cook with my girl friend and she is so much more passionate in our relationship now I am taking a shared interest".

Thank you NFL for making this move. The NFL popularity among men must bottom out to save our way of life.

I feel for him, but he's an absolute idiot for making those comments using his work email. Every single one of us in here hopefully knows better than that.
John Gruden is a spoiled boomer.

Yes, I know he grew up blue collar, hard working family, probably lower middle class. I am sure his dad wasn't the kindest, and he took his licks on the grid iron. But he grew up in a time and place where if you worked hard, and lived a manly existence, you would be very well rewarded. And he was VERY well rewarded. Ten's of millions of dollars, Super Bowl champion, cushy TV gig, savior of the Raiders x2's, celebrity fame. And lets not even get into how many attractive, soft, loving, feminine women have probably thrown themselves at him over the years. He lived a life that the average Y/Zoomer couldn't even dream of being a reality, despite them working longer hours under more stress.

So why wouldn't he do what he always did. Those "snowflakes" were no concern to him. Well now it is a big concern. And now we find out what kind of man he is. Does he tuck tail, apologize and try to get back on TV? Probably so. Or does he stand his ground and speak out against this nonsense? I doubt it, but if he does, he will have more support than the elites would expect.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Gold Member
John Gruden is a spoiled boomer.

Yes, I know he grew up blue collar, hard working family, probably lower middle class. I am sure his dad wasn't the kindest, and he took his licks on the grid iron. But he grew up in a time and place where if you worked hard, and lived a manly existence, you would be very well rewarded. And he was VERY well rewarded. Ten's of millions of dollars, Super Bowl champion, cushy TV gig, savior of the Raiders x2's, celebrity fame. And lets not even get into how many attractive, soft, loving, feminine women have probably thrown themselves at him over the years. He lived a life that the average Y/Zoomer couldn't even dream of being a reality, despite them working longer hours under more stress.

So why wouldn't he do what he always did. Those "snowflakes" were no concern to him. Well now it is a big concern. And now we find out what kind of man he is. Does he tuck tail, apologize and try to get back on TV? Probably so. Or does he stand his ground and speak out against this nonsense? I doubt it, but if he does, he will have more support than the elites would expect.

Yeah but even ~10 years ago when he sent those messages people knew enough not to send stuff like that over their work email. The non PC stuff aside, he was also taking constant shots at the NFL commissioner (not undeserved but again, you can't do that on your work email).

Yeah but even ~10 years ago when he sent those messages people knew enough not to send stuff like that over their work email. The non PC stuff aside, he was also taking constant shots at the NFL commissioner (not undeserved but again, you can't do that on your work email).
Well, people like us knew better.

A guy who got multiple times his reward for hard work had no idea how easy he really had it. Yes, he did work hard, but so do many other men and they don't get the dream life. So he just felt he could do what he wanted, as long as it was honest, and not hit any pitfalls.

There are a lot of men falling into this pitfall. The most recent was Drew Brees who called out BLM and then a day later completely changed his tune and put some dead BLM hero's name on his helmet.

We often (as a society, not you or I personally) look up to these sports figures. And we don't realize that often they are just extremely blessed men genetically but this blessing has another side, and that is they often dodge the hard knocks off life until they really step in it, and then it is too late and they learn the hard way.

I have met some of these athletes over the years. As a man in his 40's I honestly feel sorry for them. They are being used like pawns by the elites and setup to fail. I pray that they see through it in time and protect themselves, but the fact is many of them end up bankrupt, addicted to painkillers, spiritually broken, and even in prison.

Parmesan

Woodpecker
I have met some of these athletes over the years. As a man in his 40's I honestly feel sorry for them. They are being used like pawns by the elites and setup to fail. I pray that they see through it in time and protect themselves, but the fact is many of them end up bankrupt, addicted to painkillers, spiritually broken, and even in prison.
You aren’t wrong, but a lot of these guys have said it themselves, they’d be in jail or dead if it weren’t for the structure of collegiate and professional sports. Football players especially, as many are low IQ brutes. The players union practically runs the NBA, so those guys really have no excuse. The players union isn’t as powerful in the NFL, but regardless, the players unions are very influential in the big pro leagues and have plenty of money to support their own. If they really cared they’d spend more energy looking out for the financial wellbeing of their retirees rather virtue signaling about a vaccine for some of the healthiest people on the planet.

Arguably the most disappointing example of all.
Disappointing but not surprised. Drew is very young and if he didn't cave his cushy TV job would be gone.

Like most people he is probably not as financially secure as he should be and realized it was too risky to have morals and not have a 7 figure income from being a talking head on TV.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
One thing I noticed with ESPN's reporting on the situation is that they seemed smugly happy about it. Leftist cultists really seem to enjoy a good ol' witch hunt, as it allows them kill the "enemy" while demonstrating their own moral purity, just like the witch hunters in the old days. Check out the "reporter's" demeanor in the segment below:

dicknixon72

Pelican
I'm happy to know that people who consistently beat the shit out of their girlfriends and wives exercise moral authority over meanie things Jon Gruden stupidly typed ten years ago.

Maddox

Woodpecker
One thing I noticed with ESPN's reporting on the situation is that they seemed smugly happy about it. Leftist cultists really seem to enjoy a good ol' witch hunt, as it allows them kill the "enemy" while demonstrating their own moral purity, just like the witch hunters in the old days. Check out the "reporter's" demeanor in the segment below:

Adam Schefter is one of the most obsequious white men in the sports industry. He will gladly virtue signal to show that he's a "good white" so he can keep his cushy TV job.

It's just embarrassing to watch this display as he sucks up to the top brass.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Apparently there is email evidence of Gruden making fun of Caitlyn Jenner being awarded espn person of the year in 2015, and he wrote with someone else about how it was a shame that the Washington redskins changed their name 2 years ago because the redskins is a racist name.

I don't watch the NFL and haven't watched in years and all of this really belongs in clown world. Basically he was brought down by "racist, misogynistic and hateful' emails. LOL

He coached for the past 20 years for the raiders and buccaneers(won 1 super bowl) and was an analyst for a couple of years as well after getting fired by the bucs.

Last edited: