NFL Raiders coach resigns after woke NYTimes publishes leaked emails

Gimlet

Kingfisher
The emails were discovered as part of an investigation by the NFL into workplace misconduct at Washington. The organization is reviewing over 65,000 emails.

So the NFL gave these to the NYT. They obviously wanted him gone: you dig through 10+ years of emails, you will find some sort of dirt on all of us. The lesson is, if they want to purge you, you will be purged. Even if it takes going back a decade for the ammo. Glad I quite social media, and used a fake name from the start. Of course, I could still get purged if someone really wanted to do it. But I am not a high profile guy so it likely will not happen.

The reason he resigned for is of course garbage, but he was a horrible coach. He has been a bad coach and has been fired, then went to ESPN and years later got a 10 year 100 million dollar contract and 10% of the Raiders. The NFL is just sketchy. He has made a ton of money by maybe having dirt on people and getting jobs he is not qualified for. Now he had to go for nonsense reasons, but I do not have sympathies for anyone in these pro sports. He probably angered the wrong person and they published his e-mails to punish him.

Rotten

Robin
Somebody sat on these emails for years. Maybe they wouldn’t have killed his career in 2015 or 2016 (Trump ascendant & the media might have buried the story rather than give Trump a wedge issue), but they certainly would have killed his career after November 2016.

Gruden was hired to bring some sex appeal to the Raiders, a perpetually losing franchise, as it opened a new stadium and moved to las Vegas. But now that is over and the Stadium opened, his sweetheart, 10 year, contract looks like an albatross.

I think somebody affiliated with the Raiders leaked these emails to get rid of Gruden.

Maddox

Woodpecker
The reason he resigned for is of course garbage, but he was a horrible coach. He has been a bad coach and has been fired, then went to ESPN and years later got a 10 year 100 million dollar contract and 10% of the Raiders. The NFL is just sketchy. He has made a ton of money by maybe having dirt on people and getting jobs he is not qualified for. Now he had to go for nonsense reasons, but I do not have sympathies for anyone in these pro sports. He probably angered the wrong person and they published his e-mails to punish him.

I wouldn't call him a horrible coach. He's at least average if you go by his record. What bums me out is he won't be a TV announcer again; something he was really good at before he went back to coaching.

I wouldn't call him a horrible coach. He's at least average if you go by his record. What bums me out is he won't be a TV announcer again; something he was really good at before he went back to coaching.
For a 100 million contract and 10% of the Raiders he is horrible. My judgement is biased because of the amazing conditions of the contract. He is not horrible, but that contract made him watched as a top coach. Does he keep the 10% ownership?

Maddox

Woodpecker
I just realized...if you had dirt like this on Gruden...if you were sitting on those kinds of emails...you could place a big bet on how long Gruden's coaching reign will last that would make you a very rich man.

C-Note

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Last edited:

MajorStyles

Pelican

Rogue Statistician

Robin
Orthodox Inquirer
So Adam Shefter stabbed Gruden in the back. And just as you thought...

"Schefter was born to a Jewish family in Valley Stream, New York, and grew up in Bellmore, New York, where he attended John F. Kennedy High School."
25a.jpg

Damn...and I thought he was just a white man with white guilt syndrome.
Adam Schefter is one of these "German" names that sound very strange. You can tell by the name. Another jewish "german" last name is Deutscher (A German is ein Deutscher). No real German gives himself the last name German/Deutscher.