Nick Fuentes

They will always keep people around who are just "problematic" enough as a blow off valve. Eventually they get the ban hammer.

I think it was Spandrell that wrote about how they'll ban enough people to disrupt having a sense of community. People cannot bounce comments off of one another, the dissenting voices look (and probably feel) like outliers, much fewer people are ever propagating dissent.. There are many deliberate effects of this.

But it's as much about attacking eveyone that holds the unapproved thoughts as it is about banning any particular figure.

Max Roscoe

Pelican
I am shocked that Fuentes is still on twitter (but cannot travel by air!)
Our ridiculous overlords can't even use their massively powerful bureaucracy effectively.
If you are worried about subversive speech you don't take away the car keys, you ban their speech.
They can't even do censorship well!

Anyway, it sucks for Fuentes being banned to travel, but I'm glad it's happening as a broader event. It should be clear to everyone now that the TSA has nothing to do with security (which is why they check that your name on your ticket matches an ID card, something that provides absolutely zero security), but is instead about control of the citizens. It was never about Muslims, but always about Americans (well, that should have been obvious at the time, considering the Patriot Act was pre-written and ready to go on 9/10).

Anyway, wasn't Richard Spencer already on a no fly list? And I remember Mike Enoch being harassed for hours by federal goons but finally allowed to fly. I believe he no longer flies and considers himself on the list now. And Roosh had some insane "turn the plane around we can't let you pass through an English airport or we might all melt" thing, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the list now, too.

Ron Paul and Russ Feingold did try to warn us. Secret government lists preventing us from moving freely was not a good idea. But I guess people were too worried about being assassinated by an anonymous brown person halfway across the planet in a country they've never heard of, just like they are worried about a flu with a 99.98% survival rate, and just like they were terrified about crude sophomoric Russian facebook memes that were sent to less than 20,000 people but "tampered with our election" and just like they are getting ready to be really really scared about Chinese fisherman trying to catch fish in the South China Sea. We are not a serious nation.

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
The government can apparently put you on the do-not-fly list, but they are also not obliged to tell you.

There is no due process for Nick. He's punished before any trial.

The do-not-fly list was implemented due to various people wanting to blow up airplanes or kill pilots during commercial flights. That was the excuse.

Does anyone, even Nick's political enemies, really believe that Nick is such a threat to the government that he will blow up a plane he's riding on?

Less than 20 years later, we have the government we deserve. I was a young man when it happened and I didn't follow politics at all, but once 9/11 happened I told anyone that would listen that this was going to be an excuse to take our rights away. I was pissed about the attack, but I didn't not let those emotions cloud my knowledge of human nature.

In other words, it's up to us to now call bullsh*t on the government and get a majority of people of all political persuasions to pressure the government about this because Nick Fuentes is not, in any way, a risk to his fellow passengers, pilots, or the public at large.

It really is up to us.

The best thing he can do at this point is to go seriously in politics- as you call it in USA - "run for office" . From the same Republican party.
There is no reason to be a political dissident nowadays. It can't change anything. Last century proved that. Dissidents didn't play significant role in political changes. Gorbachev, for example- he played. He wasn't a dissident. He was on top of evil (communist) party.

fokm

Woodpecker
Gold Member
The best thing he can do at this point is to go seriously in politics- as you call it in USA - "run for office" . From the same Republican party.
There is no reason to be a political dissident nowadays. It can't change anything. Last century proved that. Dissidents didn't play significant role in political changes. Gorbachev, for example- he played. He wasn't a dissident. He was on top of evil (communist) party.
The system that is set against people like Fuentes cannot be changed from within. It's a corrupt system. Playing within the system is not the solution.

The system that is set against people like Fuentes cannot be changed from within. It's a corrupt system. Playing within the system is not the solution.

Yes, the best thing Nick can do is try to run for local office in the GOP. His talking points and daily show are very popular, so he would be tough to stop. And likely the GOP would stop him by withholding funding or even pulling out completely and letting the DNC win the election. They did the same thing to James Allsup in Washington.

After this, then the writing is on the wall for him and his followers. The GOP doesn't want you, even if it means an easy victory, because you are off script. At that point he should reach out to the NJP and join with them. Talk about scaring the establishment.

The system that is set against people like Fuentes cannot be changed from within. It's a corrupt system. Playing within the system is not the soluti
Its not about system, it's about his career. I think, people like him shouldn't stay in dissident underground - it's a way to very problematic life with zero achievement at the end. He should decide - to became a politician or not. If he wants to continue his course, he needs some status to protect his life. Or forget about politics and live an ordinary life somewhere in Idaho, and never watch news again. Everything between is a way to nowhere. He is young with clear bio - best combination to start a politician career.

Its not about system, it's about his career. I think, people like him shouldn't stay in dissident underground - it's a way to very problematic life with zero achievement at the end. He should decide - to became a politician or not. If he wants to continue his course, he needs some status to protect his life. Or forget about politics and live an ordinary life somewhere in Idaho, and never watch news again. Everything between is a way to nowhere. He is young with clear bio - best combination to start a politician career.

Do you honestly believe the GOP will back him? Actually they might back him and make him the GOP's version of AOC. Says things that drives the left crazy but is never able to really pass or push anything because the rest of the GOP just ignores him.

DanielH

Pelican
Do you honestly believe the GOP will back him? Actually they might back him and make him the GOP's version of AOC. Says things that drives the left crazy but is never able to really pass or push anything because the rest of the GOP just ignores him.
If Marjorie Taylor Greene wasn't allowed to fulfill this role (a goofy character easily caricatured), being beaten into submission in a matter of months, Nick won't be allowed either.

He should try. Because, what are other options for him? If he will not go, others will be in that place, using hes America first slogan. They are already doing that. It is a moment for new leaders to rise.

DanielH

Pelican
We need generals, not politicians.
This is something I've brought up before. We have no heroes. We have no generals, literally or figuratively. If there were a material way out of this mess, there is nobody to lead us. General Flynn is pro-abortion and gay marriage (and those were his stances 5 years ago from what I can find), meaning he is against us. There is literally nobody. Not one high ranking military figure on our side. Nobody is coming to save us. Roosh's new short story "The Prayer Rope" is the world we live in, except with a lower mean IQ. In my opinion, we just need to pray, raise good children, reject the culture, create our own communities, and wait for Christ to return.

He should try. Because, what are other options for him? If he will not go, others will be in that place, using hes America first slogan. They are already doing that. It is a moment for new leaders to rise.
I agree he should try, I just don't think it is the solution, just a step along the way. What I mean to say is that if Nick Fuentes came to me and said "man, I can't fly, I had my bank account frozen, I haven't done anything wrong, what should I do?". I would say to him...

Run for local office. City councilman, local state Rep, start with something small. Your name is already out there. And you are not running to win and then change things, running is the canary in the coal mine. You will have great popularity among the GOP base, but will the GOP even back you. If they do, keep pushing it up a notch, both in rhetoric and in the office. Maybe one day you can be in DC as a US Rep with strong rhetoric. But this is unlikely, and if the GOP cuts your funding, then it this route is over.

At that point you need to reach out to the leaders of the NJP and offer to join in under them and bring your audience.

Or quit the whole thing, go have a family, and forget all of it.

Because that is most likely where this will end up, with you choosing between the NJP or hoisting the white flag of surrender.

DTJG

Chicken
We need generals, not politicians.
If we take a look at Weimar Germany, Hitler was eventually able to succeed politically despite having the laws of the state, the police, and the communist opposition given a free hand against him.

I suppose he had the advantage of having seasoned war veterans as part of his Inner circle, men whose achievements on the battlefield (including his own) were acknowledged by the German people.

Eventually, the same police that once oppressed his party did his bidding, the military took it's oath to him, and even Hindenburg had to acknowledge him.

Ultimately, I think both military and statesmen are needed. I don't see how one works without the other. You need capable men who are charismatic, that can put forward their worldview coherently and defend it, rather than relying on force that a military strongman can temporarily provide.

I agree he should try, I just don't think it is the solution, just a step along the way. What I mean to say is that if Nick Fuentes came to me and said "man, I can't fly, I had my bank account frozen, I haven't done anything wrong, what should I do?". I would say to him...

Run for local office. City councilman, local state Rep, start with something small. Your name is already out there. And you are not running to win and then change things, running is the canary in the coal mine. You will have great popularity among the GOP base, but will the GOP even back you. If they do, keep pushing it up a notch, both in rhetoric and in the office. Maybe one day you can be in DC as a US Rep with strong rhetoric. But this is unlikely, and if the GOP cuts your funding, then it this route is over.

At that point you need to reach out to the leaders of the NJP and offer to join in under them and bring your audience.

Or quit the whole thing, go have a family, and forget all of it.

Because that is most likely where this will end up, with you choosing between the NJP or hoisting the white flag of surrender.
I agree. That's basically what i mean- he should start with something, in field of official politics. And whatever outcome will be- it will be better than staying in internet blogger status. He can be a good example of new kind of politicians who come with already established fun base. It is a good starting point.

SlickyBoy

Hummingbird
Sure, run for office. Just remember that if you want to run for any office beyond maybe your local dog catcher, you'll need to decide which group of Jews you support - sexual extremism (Democrat/Hollywood version) or the Likudnik party (neocon) version. There is no middle ground, and even full backing of the sexual extremism variety will not let you criticize the neocon variety too much.

Fuentes was obviously so far gone from either party letting him be nominated let alone win he would have been wasting his time. Got to give it to Antifa, at least they almost realize to get what you want in a situation where both parties are corrupt, you need to revolt, but revolt just enough to avoid serious criminal charges. Yes, they get away with a lot because of favorable press and politicians running defense for them, but even then they usually don't go as far as actually blowing up the capital building or robbing banks like their boomer predecessors did in the 1960s-70s.

Andy Gno covers this pretty well in his book, Unmasked. Even Andy Gno can't speak the truth about (((who))) is really backing Antifa and BLM. But if you look hard enough, we can of course all see it. How else does transgenderism and homosexual rights make their way into a group of pissed off black guys protesting the police? MLK wouldn't have represented that, nor the original Black Panthers. But now? They're even more owned than they were back then, and they're clueless: