No point in working

Not sure if anyone is that interested but I'd like to share something that has been on my mind:

There is no point (unless you're in to SM) to work for an employer.

I make about $85K a year and the government takes about 30K of that in taxes.
I will have to PAY for my children's schooling (not happening) which my mates tell me can rape you out of 10K a kid a year, no benefits, no healthcare card - you pay for the scumbag pharmacies (not that we use it much), being a "single earner" actually puts you OUT OF lots of programs unless you let your wife work.

Because my kids are NOT vaccinated I loose another 5K per child in tax benefits (please look up no jab no pay).

Not just that; the irony of it all is that we are being hit by higher council rates than ever because I'm still "an essential worker" and all the other poor folk are sitting at home watching Netflix receiving "job keeper" HEAR THAT! receiving 750 a pop as long as they worked ONE hour a week, a person, at some point. Junkie couples are making $1500. Not sure if you understand my rage at this point.

I could break the whole thing down if anyone wants me to, but it basically comes down to the point that you're worse off working than someone on the dole. But you loose 60 hours a week to feed these leaches, none if it you get back, ever.

Edit; excuse me for the poor English, I just spent some time on some different languages forums.

Last edited:

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
Yes, the cycle continues. People figure out they can vote for the largesse, people who have benefited from a prosperous country get soft and elect poorer leaders over time, then people realize that they are suckers to work for the machine. Then it collapses. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Muscovite

Sparrow
I built and maintain a few websites for a language school in London owned by a friend I used to work with. All the lessons switched to online only so her income took a hit. She applied for Universal Credit (she's married with two kids). She's now not that bothered about the language school because she told me she's making more than ever from the handouts.

I bet there are a lot more like her. She also said she wished she'd applied earlier for the handouts.

Work is such an interesting concept that I ponder about a lot.

If you look at the history of "work" you learned the trade of your father. It was hard work, it was a grind, but there was a very strong sense of purpose and reason. You could directly see the benefits of work for yourself (feed your family) but also the service you provide to society. Whatever your job was, it was important to society. This is a very important part of our psychological make up.

As times changed and technology took over, work became less about a grind and more about finding what you want to do. The choices were wide open for Baby Boomers. And they could make enough to live well beyond their means. So they can't relate to younger generations who don't really want to work simply because they will work and make a fraction per COL as the boomers made.

But the boomer generation did pass on the loss of the satisfaction work is. In fact, most boomers think work is support to be awful but you sacrifice your time to have great things.

Today most people don't get the satisfaction from work, we live in an isolated and atomized society where your work results are not really felt by you within the "community" mostly because the community no longer exists. Add to it, the pay of most jobs isn't enough to afford a family. Even higher paid corporate jobs will not provide for a family. It takes both parents working long hours at a grind of a job just to get by.

You add in how well people on welfare live and you do start to question if work is worth it. Especially when time is truly more valuable, all work really is, is you selling your time to the highest bidder.

It seems the final realization is if work doesn't give you satisfaction or a movement towards a goal then it isn't worth it. Though I don't know the welfare restrictions where I live, much less where any of you live, so I don't recommend quitting your job.

The most satisfying and valuable work I've done was blue-collar.
Blue collar work is our roots. It is how men worked for generations going back over all of human history. At the end of the day you feel you accomplished something due to feeling tired and a little beaten up. You can turn around and visibly see what you did and so can anyone else within eyesight.

I agree, blue collar work is much more rewarding spiritually.

kel

Pelican
I like my job (for the most part) and like what I do in general, but I'd still like to be able to take advantage of some of these government programs that undesirables seem to receive so much from.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Blue collar work is our roots. It is how men worked for generations going back over all of human history. At the end of the day you feel you accomplished something due to feeling tired and a little beaten up. You can turn around and visibly see what you did and so can anyone else within eyesight.

I agree, blue collar work is much more rewarding spiritually.
That is exactly what I wanted to add. It's probably why I like to work on cars so much.

Last edited:

Arado

Pelican
Gold Member
I understand your point, but hard to say how long this stimulus for non-productive workers is going to last given the ballooning debt. In the meantime, use whatever you can save from your work to invest in assets that will do well once this whole thing goes belly up.

Last edited:

ball dont lie

Kingfisher
Gold Member
I understand your point, but hard to say how long this stimulus for non-productive workers is going to last given the ballooning debt. In the meantime, use whatever you can save from your work to invest in assets that will do well once this whole thing goes belly up.

I agree with Arado here. Its not possible for this to continue. Much of the productive economy was destroyed due to stupid covid policies - probably on purpose - but our elected leaders are incredibly stupid, so its hard to say. May hay while the sun shines, save everything, give nothing to corporations and government.

Couple down the street: both were out of work due to covid from low wage jobs - both were getting $800 a week, plus this USA state gave full food stamp benefits to anyone getting benefits, so with a bunch of kids they were getting $1000 a month from that. The whole summer they were grilling steaks, smoking pot in the back yard, blasting shitty country music all day.

Think of places like Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Trenton, Philadelphia, Baltimore, all the people there were getting the same for 5 months. Those states are bankrupt. Government offices, the police, the road workers, all their retirement benefits, the money is not going to be there.

Hotels, restaurants, airlines, cruise ships, convention centers, shopping malls, bars and clubs, all the small family owned stores that couldnt handle zero income for 6 months - they are all bankrupt or up to their eye balls in debt. Its game over man. Everything is a charade right now backed up with 10 trillion USD of nothing.

I was planning on going to a big convention this fall, but it was cancelled. The hotels, the restaurants around the hotels and convention center are doomed. The airlines aren't bringing in all those people. The Uber drivers have no one to drive around.

As dumb as cash seems to be, it will be good to keep some around. Sooner or later it pops. It needed to pop before covid.

I agree with Arado here. Its not possible for this to continue. Much of the productive economy was destroyed due to stupid covid policies - probably on purpose - but our elected leaders are incredibly stupid, so its hard to say. May hay while the sun shines, save everything, give nothing to corporations and government.

Couple down the street: both were out of work due to covid from low wage jobs - both were getting $800 a week, plus this USA state gave full food stamp benefits to anyone getting benefits, so with a bunch of kids they were getting $1000 a month from that. The whole summer they were grilling steaks, smoking pot in the back yard, blasting shitty country music all day.

Think of places like Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Trenton, Philadelphia, Baltimore, all the people there were getting the same for 5 months. Those states are bankrupt. Government offices, the police, the road workers, all their retirement benefits, the money is not going to be there.

Hotels, restaurants, airlines, cruise ships, convention centers, shopping malls, bars and clubs, all the small family owned stores that couldnt handle zero income for 6 months - they are all bankrupt or up to their eye balls in debt. Its game over man. Everything is a charade right now backed up with 10 trillion USD of nothing.

I was planning on going to a big convention this fall, but it was cancelled. The hotels, the restaurants around the hotels and convention center are doomed. The airlines aren't bringing in all those people. The Uber drivers have no one to drive around.

As dumb as cash seems to be, it will be good to keep some around. Sooner or later it pops. It needed to pop before covid.
The problem is that if it pops, then working a job doesn't make you any safer or more insulated. Your job will then likely disappear as well as the whole system melts down. And those millions living off the government are now hungry and have hungry kids to feed. They will become very violent.

While the government can probably not afford to feed the freeloaders much longer they cannot at the same time afford to not feed them. It is a catch 22.

bucky

Pelican

Meanwhile over in the military industrial complex where one of my best friends works, wages are high, work is plentiful, and they're actually hiring if you've got a security clearance (which very few people do in my area because they're all on drugs).

Lately I've been discerning the religious life which, if I go through with it, requires vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.

When you swear off private property, you abandon yourself to the will and mercy of God. Furthermore, it forces you to act more mission-oriented; since I have given up ordinary attachments, what I have left I will use for God's kingdom.

How is this related to OP? As you stated, you're "better off" being on the file than working and somehow earning less than the leech class. But we both know that's not true, as sloth is a capital vice and those under its spell would rather the whole world burn than give up even a hair of their comforts. Given enough time, a society so disincentivized to work will collapse.

If you're a single man and feel no strong calling to matrimony (but also already live a chaste life) but have a zeal towards serving the Lord, I recommend discerning a religious vocation. However, if you are married, you are already fixed in your state in life--and if you have children, you have care of their souls as part of your vows. In this case, the buck stops with you to not only make the sacrifices necessary to attend to their physical needs, but to teach them right from wrong, how to live in virtue, and how the City of Man is opposed to the City of God.

You will pay dearly for your refusal to confirm to the Luciferian agenda, but the reward you earn is favor in the eyes of God and equipping your sons to be good Christians themselves.

I'll pray to God that He will supply all your needs!