No point in working

westernman

Sparrow
I think the writing is on the wall and the trend is pretty clear at this point.

We are headed to a population made up of 95% wage slaves (self-employed, gig workers, employees) and UBI "goyim" who will never get ahead, with another 5% who are an investor class. This is essentially the model of every 3rd world country, minus the UBI.

The only strategy I see is to scratch, claw and strave to get into that investor class. 20 years from now If you are reliant on a wage to pay your bills, you will have no chance of getting ahead/retiring/even starting a family. I think landlording is a good way out

kel

Ostrich
Being a landlord seems stressful, and right now landlords are kinda getting screwed by moratoriums on evictions. In a way it's tough to feel sorry for landlords, but we all know how this actually works - major financial players who own property will always find a way to come out ahead while "landlords" like the family who lives downstairs and rents out their upstairs will get first screwed by the state and then, if they dare complain, decried and threatened by activists.

Both "revolution" and "progress" are worst for the kulaks. Those below them have nothing to lose and those above them can always rig the game in their favor.

westernman

Sparrow
Being a landlord seems stressful, and right now landlords are kinda getting screwed by moratoriums on evictions. In a way it's tough to feel sorry for landlords, but we all know how this actually works - major financial players who own property will always find a way to come out ahead while "landlords" like the family who lives downstairs and rents out their upstairs will get first screwed by the state and then, if they dare complain, decried and threatened by activists.

Both "revolution" and "progress" are worst for the kulaks. Those below them have nothing to lose and those above them can always rig the game in their favor.
I see your point, but if landlords can float through these no eviction times, things will likely go to a welfare UBI/section 8 style tenantry, where you are essentially farming rent from the US goverement

Oberrheiner

Pelican
So as long as you have a bank account in a different country you can live tax free inside the borders of the EU.
Not as simple.
Some countries (france, germany ..) declare that if you live more than 6 months on their soil, you are a resident from the fiscal/tax point of view.

What I don't get is what happens if you spend 4 months in 3 different countries each, every year : you are a fiscal resident nowhere, so where do you pay taxes ? Can you choose ? :)

lookslikeit

Woodpecker
It's not about no working or consuming. It's about not paying taxes.
  • Buy locally
  • Whenever possible, get paid with untraceable Crypto and off the books
  • Set up shop in low income tax countries (Irish LTD).

Just look at a company like SAP AG. They have an Irish LTD that owns much software IP of the company. When a sale is made, a large portion of that sale is attributed to the Irish LTD, since that is where the IP is based at.

Except if you do it as an individual, you are about to get **** deep by the tax authorities. Warning: Don't do it.

lookslikeit

Woodpecker
Not as simple.
Some countries (france, germany ..) declare that if you live more than 6 months on their soil, you are a resident from the fiscal/tax point of view.

What I don't get is what happens if you spend 4 months in 3 different countries each, every year : you are a fiscal resident nowhere, so where do you pay taxes ? Can you choose ? :)

Depending on how much you make, you might be liable for all of these countries. But more likely, you are liable where you have/had your official residence or your nationality. If you make less than 50k/year, you'll unlikely hear from any country where you don't live and flow business in. You are more trouble than worth. At certain amounts, you'll need professional advice.

tothepoint

Woodpecker
Not as simple.

If you spend 4 months in 3 different countries you have to declare your income in the country of residence which in this case would be Malta. In the other 3 countries you are just a tourist. After 6 months in one country, unless you go and sign up for a social security number and local ID you don't exist for the government, you can stay for 10 years if you like and then exit the country with no questions asked since you are EU resident. You can get short term accommodation through AirBnB arrangements without signing contracts where all bills are on the landlord's name and you'll need private health insurance. From a tax point of view you will be registered in Malta.

Last edited:

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
So we bought a place mortgage-free far away and in the remote country. Not at all the land I wanted (land only for the millionaires now) but a nice block with a house which needs a lot of work. Sort of what you expect when you want to not have any debt.
I'm thinking of building a workshop to fit the tools in I'm planning to buy to make the place great.

We've spent the last couple of days moving my old cars over (yeah I know) but these things are worth more than cash it seems.
It's 400km from where we live now and we did two trips in two days, with two babies... so it's been a little overwhelming.

We're super excited though as we can finally focus on our family. Many casual / part time jobs there for me to make the extra buck but I'm mostly focusing on my online business.

God bless you all, you've been very supporting.