No point in working

Lionheart

Sparrow
A
How do you think "us" will exist in a few generations, if "our" people believe they undermine the system by not having children? While nowadays we have a huge social influence, there also is a genetic component to ideology. It will be more difficult to convince the future generations of a right path if they are the children of leftists.

And about working: Yes, you do support the system by working. Not only the state, but also through making profit for a company. But without a job you won't find a woman, you won't have a family. Now you can try to figure out how to minimize taxes and work for a company that isn't left wing. You could move to another country for the first few years of your childrens' life, so they get educated in a different environment.

There are many ways to try to get around this problem, and all will be imperfect and have risks. But even going outside has risks. Again, humans that don't reproduce are forgotten in history, and your point of "destabilisation" will not be remembered.
All humans are forgotten in history except a very few historical figures.

Sandstorm

Kingfisher
I built and maintain a few websites for a language school in London owned by a friend I used to work with. All the lessons switched to online only so her income took a hit. She applied for Universal Credit (she's married with two kids). She's now not that bothered about the language school because she told me she's making more than ever from the handouts.

I bet there are a lot more like her. She also said she wished she'd applied earlier for the handouts.

they are giving away free money in London?

bucky

Ostrich
If you work for a corporation, you are working for the enemy. You only go to work to extract money for your family and a transition to increased independance.

In no way should you care about the results or the quality of the work beyond meeting expectations of management. If you are planning to have a coprorate career, this is different. I have had a corporate career for 10+ years now. I am getting out of it and now in a simple extraction phase.

When you are working on something of value like a real estate renovation, or a business of your own, a local customer base you will realize so quickly that while your work might make less money, it brings more value.

Working for the machine is for Cash - not to spend on consumer shit but to save for the decline.
Working for yourself or on something of value is key for any man. Once you realize your corporate job is empty and hollow, you only have so many years left in the tank. Also you will NEED another outlet for work - home reno, side hustle, re education to a trade etc.

I'd say care about the quality of your work, but don't get emotionally invested in your employer. They'll get rid of you the moment they think it's to their advantage. It's no use setting yourself up to be crushed if that happens, as it often does in corporate America. You should also be prepared to jump to something better immediately if they opportunity presents itself. If you can get out of the whole rat race honorably while still paying your own bills, better still.

bucky

Ostrich
A

All humans are forgotten in history except a very few historical figures.

I can name my ancestors on my father's side back to the late 1600s. On my mother's side we have personal journals her ancestors wrote in the 1800s. I know anecdotes from the lives of my great grandparents and some of their ancestors, all of whom died before I was born. I know specific ways in which things they did and choices they made generations ago influence who I am now.

That's not really the main point though, the most important point is that most people want a family and that it's still doable, and that men on RVF who want a family shouldn't be discouraged from it.

Hypno

Crow
we are being hit by higher council rates than ever because I'm still "an essential worker" and all the other poor folk are sitting at home watching Netflix receiving "job keeper" HEAR THAT! receiving 750 a pop as long as they worked ONE hour a week, a person, at some point.

Explain council rates to someone from the US.
Is that the tax you pay for your local government, or is that rent for a government house rented from the local government?

Mr Freedom

Sparrow
Blue collar work is our roots. It is how men worked for generations going back over all of human history. At the end of the day you feel you accomplished something due to feeling tired and a little beaten up. You can turn around and visibly see what you did and so can anyone else within eyesight.

I agree, blue collar work is much more rewarding spiritually.

Not only that but it is far away from distracting women as possible. Especially nosey fat land whale feminist types in the office or in HR who are a nightmare to work with.

bucky

Ostrich
Blue collar work is our roots. It is how men worked for generations going back over all of human history. At the end of the day you feel you accomplished something due to feeling tired and a little beaten up. You can turn around and visibly see what you did and so can anyone else within eyesight.

I agree, blue collar work is much more rewarding spiritually.

I'm terrible at working with my hands, but I admire people who are good at it and I see what you mean about it being very spiritually rewarding. I only bought a house for the first time when I was well into middle age, so I've just started on being able to fix and maintain things myself. Just figuring out simple stuff like how to replace a food disposal or caulk a shower rather than paying someone else to do it is indeed very satisfying.

However, I wouldn't discourage men from STEM if they are so inclined. I get the same sense of accomplishment from build systems and writing code in my IT job. Sometimes if I've coded something that's particularly tight and efficient I'll look over the code and get this great feeling of satisfaction at the thought that "I wrote that!" I imagine it's similar for an engineer or scientist.

I'm terrible at working with my hands, but I admire people who are good at it and I see what you mean about it being very spiritually rewarding. I only bought a house for the first time when I was well into middle age, so I've just started on being able to fix and maintain things myself. Just figuring out simple stuff like how to replace a food disposal or caulk a shower rather than paying someone else to do it is indeed very satisfying.

However, I wouldn't discourage men from STEM if they are so inclined. I get the same sense of accomplishment from build systems and writing code in my IT job. Sometimes if I've coded something that's particularly tight and efficient I'll look over the code and get this great feeling of satisfaction at the thought that "I wrote that!" I imagine it's similar for an engineer or scientist.

I'm actually the very same way. I come from a family that is good with their hands and I didn't have much experience with it growing up and I am not very good at it as an adult. I do small things around the house, but it isn't something I am good at or have much patience for.

I agree about STEM degree fields for men who enjoy it. But if you are a man who is happy tuning up your car or doing carpentry work, you probably will not be happy in STEM long term due to all the office politics. Though it might pay a lot more and it might be a good way to go for a decade or so to build up some wealth.

I have done manually labor in the past when I was young and in college. And the feeling of a hard day of work with other men definitely is more rewarding that sitting in an office all day staring at a computer screen and walking on eggshells to not offend someone.

surfdog

Pigeon
I have kids who I adore and cherish. I try to raise them red-pilled and "old school". I teach them to live independently and work hard and never give up. Rule #1 I try to emphasize to them is that "Life is not fair". I teach them that relying on others (especially the Government) is not the way to live.

However, lately I am having doubts about their future. I feel that I am setting them up to be serf-taxpayers for a system that rewards the lazy, work-avoiding, welfare class.

I had to recently purchase laptops for their remote schooling, when everyone else in their class was provided free laptops based on low income status. All of the kids who have free laptops are making trouble and distracting the entire class. The free laptop kids have no one at home helping them focus on schooling and require extra attention from the teachers. These actually brag to my kids that the get free laptops and internet access while they disrupt the class.

So I feel like a fool for teaching my children to work hard and excel so that they can be the taxpaying class that supports the kids that get free laptops and extra attention today. I feel like I'm training my kids to accept the yoke in the future.

kel

Pelican
I was going the childfree route for a while. A long while. Like a lot of guys here, I knew all the hazards of the modern relationship, the deck was so obviously stacked against men it seemed foolish to go down that route, so I just focused on being independent, partying, traveling, and f*cking like a libertine. I did that for basically a decade straight. I was very good at. If I had an instagram, a lot of people would be very jealous of the life I lived.

And, at base, the theory is still correct. Now more than ever, in fact, relationships are a minefield and culture and the state are actively working against men and the health of society at large, so why not just focus on yourself?

But, a family and community seem like the only real transcendent, long-term source of meaning one is likely to find in this world. It being hard and risky makes it all the more rewarding. It seems to me you can, even, take a strictly rational, selfish look at it and still come to the same conclusion, because you will (potentially) be happiest when you have accomplished what is hard and took lots of work.

You've retired at 38, great for you, but you have probably another four decades of life ahead of you - are hobbies and travel really going to be fulfilling for that entire time? Long after culture has moved on from you, especially?

Elipe

Woodpecker
I have kids who I adore and cherish. I try to raise them red-pilled and "old school". I teach them to live independently and work hard and never give up. Rule #1 I try to emphasize to them is that "Life is not fair". I teach them that relying on others (especially the Government) is not the way to live.

However, lately I am having doubts about their future. I feel that I am setting them up to be serf-taxpayers for a system that rewards the lazy, work-avoiding, welfare class.

I had to recently purchase laptops for their remote schooling, when everyone else in their class was provided free laptops based on low income status. All of the kids who have free laptops are making trouble and distracting the entire class. The free laptop kids have no one at home helping them focus on schooling and require extra attention from the teachers. These actually brag to my kids that the get free laptops and internet access while they disrupt the class.

So I feel like a fool for teaching my children to work hard and excel so that they can be the taxpaying class that supports the kids that get free laptops and extra attention today. I feel like I'm training my kids to accept the yoke in the future.
I get where you're coming from with this mindset you're trying to teach your kids, but like you point out, it's definitely going to end up with them as serf-taxpayers. I think the answer isn't to teach full independence or to depend on handouts, but to teach the meaning of family as a multi-generational enterprise in which wealth passes down from the elderly and that the young adds to with work. More people, especially white Christians, need to start building inter-generational wealth. For too long in America, we've subscribed to this strange notion that every generation basically has to start over from scratch. Hence the boomerism of "pick yourself up by the bootstraps".

White privilege isn't a sin, it's a virtue. It means your ancestors worked their asses off so that you wouldn't have to. To discard your white privilege is to discard what your ancestors bled and suffered for. White privilege is white civilization, and white civilization is white privilege.

Your kids should be boasting that their parents weren't such total fuckups that they couldn't even afford to buy a laptop. Back when I was a kid, that was actually an insult. That used to be fighting words.

bucky

Ostrich
I was going the childfree route for a while. A long while. Like a lot of guys here, I knew all the hazards of the modern relationship, the deck was so obviously stacked against men it seemed foolish to go down that route, so I just focused on being independent, partying, traveling, and f*cking like a libertine. I did that for basically a decade straight. I was very good at. If I had an instagram, a lot of people would be very jealous of the life I lived.

And, at base, the theory is still correct. Now more than ever, in fact, relationships are a minefield and culture and the state are actively working against men and the health of society at large, so why not just focus on yourself?

But, a family and community seem like the only real transcendent, long-term source of meaning one is likely to find in this world. It being hard and risky makes it all the more rewarding. It seems to me you can, even, take a strictly rational, selfish look at it and still come to the same conclusion, because you will (potentially) be happiest when you have accomplished what is hard and took lots of work.

You've retired at 38, great for you, but you have probably another four decades of life ahead of you - are hobbies and travel really going to be fulfilling for that entire time? Long after culture has moved on from you, especially?

The way I look at it is that although it's true that things are unfair and it's very difficult for an average man to have a solid career and support a family nowadays, you should aspire to better than being the average man.

For what it's worth, I don't really have a problem with Lionheart not wanting children. Aside from maybe a bit in his initial post, he's not insisting that other men follow his example. Will he regret it when he's older? I think almost certainly, but it's up to him.

bucky

Ostrich
I get where you're coming from with this mindset you're trying to teach your kids, but like you point out, it's definitely going to end up with them as serf-taxpayers. I think the answer isn't to teach full independence or to depend on handouts, but to teach the meaning of family as a multi-generational enterprise in which wealth passes down from the elderly and that the young adds to with work. More people, especially white Christians, need to start building inter-generational wealth. For too long in America, we've subscribed to this strange notion that every generation basically has to start over from scratch. Hence the boomerism of "pick yourself up by the bootstraps".

White privilege isn't a sin, it's a virtue. It means your ancestors worked their asses off so that you wouldn't have to. To discard your white privilege is to discard what your ancestors bled and suffered for. White privilege is white civilization, and white civilization is white privilege.

Your kids should be boasting that their parents weren't such total fuckups that they couldn't even afford to buy a laptop. Back when I was a kid, that was actually an insult. That used to be fighting words.

Great post. Wish I could give it more than one like.

"Used to be fighting words" indeed. Interesting to note what percentage of the population was from inside the Hanjal line then vs. now.

FactusIRX

Woodpecker

I take advantage of government services all the time. I do it in a way that allows me to advance my own goals. Your children (if they are white boys) are going to grow up in a ruthless, mean world that wants them dead (I mean literally: society would prefer if they kill themselves). They are going to be deprived of many, many opportunities because of what they look like. Every single institution exists to crush or demoralize them. They don't have time to handicap themselves with rules that no-one else follows.

NoFunInAus

Woodpecker
Explain council rates to someone from the US.
Is that the tax you pay for your local government, or is that rent for a government house rented from the local government?
It's a local government land tax essentially. This has been cut or waved for some rate payers if they've been "hit by COVID" so these clowns sit at home making more money (with job keeper) than an "essential worker" like me still paying full rates. It's a total set up to make you want to sell your property and buy a bus.