Non-Woke Investing

Parmesan

Woodpecker
Hey all -

I just read about “2ndVote Advisers” among today’s news which seems like an interesting startup.

It’s an investing platform which aims to invest in assets not focused on the same woke trends we see in capitalism (Social, etc.) and finance today.

Could be interesting if you are looking for alternatives…
After my experience working in a company full of female middle managers, I was seriously thinking of creating my own personal short position portfolio of female led companies.

vraph

Pigeon
Hey all -

I just read about “2ndVote Advisers” among today’s news which seems like an interesting startup.

It’s an investing platform which aims to invest in assets not focused on the same woke trends we see in capitalism (Social, etc.) and finance today.

When I first saw this thread, I saw "non-woke investing" and thought this was some kind of investment gig in something widely considered unacceptable like arms dealing.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
After my experience working in a company full of female middle managers, I was seriously thinking of creating my own personal short position portfolio of female led companies.

It could be a company. A lot of these financial firm like to make up fake, prestigious sounding names that have no relation to the owner. How about Mayer, Fiorina and Holmes?

Most notable companies led by a female CEO:

- Yahoo - Marrisa Mayer - from search giant to outsourcing their search indexing to Microsoft
- HP - Carly Fiorina - status as a major manufacturer seriously chopped back
- Theranos - Elizabeth Holmes - biggest scam in history

I am fairly sure that is top three women from companies by market cap.

A summary of some of Mayer's blunders - https://medium.com/adventures-in-co...sa-mayer-has-no-concept-of-money-3669c4a3d8d9

This does not include her SJW-ing.

---------

Anyway. Crypto. Look who is holding it and who is not.

ZEUzeCpj.jpeg

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
Hey all -

I've been looking through their site, which includes managed funds and indexes such as the "American Freedoms Index" and the "Society Defended Index"

2ndVote Advisers focuses on companies that put profit above social justice engineering.

People often praise Trump for not starting any wars during his term. I'm not in America and never followed him very closely but was always a fan of his style. It also seemed that he saw everything through a business lens, critics would say he made policies to help profits. I can never quite join the libertarian camp, but there is certainly some cleanliness in a profit orientation compared to what we have now. Now even smaller companies are following the lead of the larger ones with all these vaccine mandates.

So 2ndVote is definitely onto something. Can see from their material it is not that coherently put together yet, but that is normal for a startup, it will get more refined as it grows.